Girls—do you care about height?

Page 1 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 10:16 pm

I prefer to date guys who are at least 5’10 even though I’m short. I actually like it when a guy towers over me. I know a lot of girls don’t like guys who are 5’9 or shorter.

Would you date a short guy?

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 10:28 pm

Kiki1256 wrote:
I prefer to date guys who are at least 5’10 even though I’m short. I actually like it when a guy towers over me. I know a lot of girls don’t like guys who are 5’9 or shorter.

I don't care about height no matter whether they are human or not. I'm 5'3'' and my fiancé is 4' (and his canon counterpart who is 3'3''). Though since he isn't human nor on Earth... it's not really a good example. I can't exactly recall the height of my human ex's who are not soulbonds. But they stand roughly around my height or higher.

One of my "potential boyfriends" in Canada is 6' and actually wishes he was shorter.

Would I date a human who is shorter than me and even as short as a little person? Sure. I'm used to being around those shorter than me.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 11:21 pm

MariaTheFictionkin wrote:
Kiki1256 wrote:

I don't care about height no matter whether they are human or not. I'm 5'3'' and my fiancé is 4' (and his canon counterpart who is 3'3''). Though since he isn't human nor on Earth... it's not really a good example. I can't exactly recall the height of my human ex's who are not soulbonds. But they stand roughly around my height or higher.

One of my "potential boyfriends" in Canada is 6' and actually wishes he was shorter.

Would I date a human who is shorter than me and even as short as a little person? Sure. I'm used to being around those shorter than me.

I'm sorry, but what are you talking about?

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 11:25 pm

modernmax wrote:
MariaTheFictionkin wrote:
Kiki1256 wrote:

I'm sorry, but what are you talking about?

http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28605&start=5868

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Dec 2017, 11:38 pm

In my experience yes many girls do care. It's always the 5'2 girls who expect 6'5 guys who I am told steal the tall men from the taller females. If a girl is 5'10 she wants the 6'5 guy and for the 5'2 girl to take a 5'8 guy. But that is not how biology works. She will seek the strong mate who can protect offspring that means height. A lot of girls get past this basic drive of nature but 6'0 seems to be the cut off. Under that you are "short" no matter how small she might me.

The average American male is 5'10 and it gets up to like 6'2 in some Nordic countries with Viking DNA. Who themselves were famous for being huge in their day. Funny because their skeletons are usualy around 6 foot but the average European was like 5'6 back then even the men so they were scary warrior to them. So I think a lot of women are seeking a unicorn. If the average is 5'10 A LOT of men are under that.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 11:41 pm

Edited

Last edited by ZachGoodwin on 08 Dec 2017, 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hopelessly3
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Dec 2017, 11:57 pm

Most of my bfs have been shorter than me. I have no real preference one way or the other though

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

08 Dec 2017, 12:00 am

The majority do. It is genetically encoded into women to prefer taller men due to the fact that in prehistoric times a taller man would be able to see over objects obscuring vision (eg. Tall grass, rocks etc.) to be able to find incoming dangers and prey easier than a shorter person. A taller person also has the potential to be stronger due to a larger frame for the muscle to be on.
I also read in one study (so as to whether this claim is true or not I remain undure hence putting it seperate) that taller people also had the potential to be faster runners.

Hence, most women will prefer taller men. Not all will though, as there is always anomalies and exceptions. I hope this answers your question.

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

08 Dec 2017, 12:07 am

Mr_Miner wrote:
In my experience yes many girls do care. It's always the 5'2 girls who expect 6'5 guys who I am told steal the tall men from the taller females. If a girl is 5'10 she wants the 6'5 guy and for the 5'2 girl to take a 5'8 guy. But that is not how biology works. She will seek the strong mate who can protect offspring that means height. A lot of girls get past this basic drive of nature but 6'0 seems to be the cut off. Under that you are "short" no matter how small she might me.

The average American male is 5'10 and it gets up to like 6'2 in some Nordic countries with Viking DNA. Who themselves were famous for being huge in their day. Funny because their skeletons are usualy around 6 foot but the average European was like 5'6 back then even the men so they were scary warrior to them. So I think a lot of women are seeking a unicorn. If the average is 5'10 A LOT of men are under that.

I feel I must give some clarification here. Yes, people hailing from nordic countries do tend to be taller. But, as to the difference between medieval Europeans and Scandinavians there is a misunderstanding here. A viking (fun fact: the word viking was originally a verb. To go viking was to go trading or raiding) would be the strongest and fittest men around, and the ones that survived their trips generally became quite wealthy. The average viking would be between 5'9 and 6'. The average Scandinavian however would have been a little shorter. The 5'6 statistic is for European commoners, who would be rather poorly fed and (comparitively) unfit. The average height for a higher class (wealthy merchants, knights etc.) would be from 5'8 to 5'11. The tallest would have been the knights, who were rich enough for good food, but engaged in much more physical activity than higher classes. So the gap between the Europeans and scandinavians is not as much as it initially seems.

WallKornexa
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Dec 2017, 1:30 am

Mr_Miner wrote:

The average height of Scandinavian countries is actually 5"11. Highest people in Earth are founded in northern Netherlands (Frisia, Groningen) and Dinaric Alps (areas of Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia and Montenegro) with an average height of 6".

Regarding the question of OP: of course they care. They like tall men. What is tall? It depends a lot of your location. It's not the same thing being 5"10 in Serbia than in an South Eastern Asian country.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2017, 1:35 am

You like guys 5 foot 10 or above? Go for it!

When two lips are together in bed, people are the same height.

One less girl to worry about lol....At least you're honest lol

In my experience, women care less about height as they get older.

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

08 Dec 2017, 2:13 am

WallKornexa wrote:
Mr_Miner wrote:

The average height of Scandinavian countries is actually 5"11. Highest people in Earth are founded in northern Netherlands (Frisia, Groningen) and Dinaric Alps (areas of Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia and Montenegro) with an average height of 6".

Regarding the question of OP: of course they care. They like tall men. What is tall? It depends a lot of your location. It's not the same thing being 5"10 in Serbia than in an South Eastern Asian country.

I was talking about historically, back in the medeival period. Not today

WallKornexa
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Dec 2017, 2:20 am

The Musings Of The Lost wrote:

"The average American male is 5'10 and it gets up to like 6'2 in some Nordic countries with Viking DNA."

Actually no.

Sorry but I like precise statements.

Whatever.

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

08 Dec 2017, 2:33 am

WallKornexa wrote:

"The average American male is 5'10 and it gets up to like 6'2 in some Nordic countries with Viking DNA."

Actually no.

Sorry but I like precise statements.

Whatever.

I didn't say that. You quoted the wrong person.

WallKornexa
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Dec 2017, 2:36 am

It's true lol

I though you were Mr Miner

Let's stop filling this thread with this misunderstanding

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

08 Dec 2017, 3:10 am

WallKornexa wrote:

It's true lol

I though you were Mr Miner

Let's stop filling this thread with this misunderstanding

Lol. Sure