Too dangerous too be left with women!

Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 12:49 pm

When i was at the bar last friday this guy i met there said too me "some may think people with mental health problems like yourself should not be left alone with women"

Is there some truth too his remark?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 12:52 pm

I don't believe anybody can answer that question. They don't actually know you in person.

If you feel like taking advantage of women when you're alone, then you shouldn't be alone with them.

If you don't, then people shouldn't fear you.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 1:20 pm

I think the biggest off put to women is weird behaviour. I think this is partly related to fear and then sexual selection, if your offspring inherit weird behaviour it also decreases their chance in breeding.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 1:40 pm

I agree, it is too dangerous for anyone to be left alone with women.

Their gossips and topics would kill you or drive you nuts.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 3:15 pm

Jamesy wrote:
When i was at the bar last friday this guy i met there said too me "some may think people with mental health problems like yourself should not be left alone with women"

Is there some truth too his remark?

Of course there's some truth to it. The truth is that he believes it.

As for his comment, well, some people with limited mental capacities are sexually impulsive and should not be left alone with women IF there's a legitimate concern that they may make unwanted sexual advances. That's understandable. The thing is that others have no idea whether you, or anyone with mental health problems, might be one of those problematic people.. and so they think people should err on the side of caution and not leave women, children, or other vulnerable people with people who they fear MIGHT harm them. Yes, they're stereotyping/being prejudiced and making assumptions that you/other socially awkward people or those with mental health issues are a potential threat.. but it's not completely unfounded because SOME people (even NT's) are that particular type of threat. He's entitled to his opinion on the matter.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 5:54 pm

Of course you won't listen....but just stop going to bars. You tend to meet the dregs of humanity in them.

The guy actually sounds like an idiot. How does he know you have "mental health problems?" Did you tell him you do?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 6:40 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Of course you won't listen....but just stop going to bars. You tend to meet the dregs of humanity in them.

The guy actually sounds like an idiot. How does he know you have "mental health problems?" Did you tell him you do?

I am going to await the response to this question, as I am curious. I do not understand why this poster continues to go places and associate with people he generally has negative experiences with.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 8:22 pm

Going too bars is better than being stuck indoors on the weekend with my parents. When you havent got a partner you really dont have many more options.

I have been going too the same bar now for over 4 years now.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 8:53 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I am going to await the response to this question, as I am curious. I do not understand why this poster continues to go places and associate with people he generally has negative experiences with.

I'm guessing, based on his posts, that "Jamesy's" ASD is obvious to others around him and even if he doesn't disclose it, they already know that he's different & his mental health isn't optimal/NT.

Jamesy wrote:
Going too bars is better than being stuck indoors on the weekend with my parents. When you havent got a partner you really dont have many more options.

I have been going too the same bar now for over 4 years now.

I bartended at several different pubs and clubs over several years, so while I was never a regular customer, I get it.

Also, what people in North America don't comprehend is that the pub culture in England is WAY different than it is here. In the UK, nearly everyone goes to pubs almost daily - it's just what they do. They tend to live in very small homes with very limited living space and then congregate at public houses to socialize, watch sports games on TV, play pool or shoot darts etc and then they go home for the night. Rinse & repeat. It's not just the "dregs of society," bunch of low lifes and drug dealers hanging out at pubs.. it's everyone. It's the postman, the baker, and the doctor. People don't have friends over to hangout so much as they would simply meet at either of their local pub and visit there. It just is the way it is there. Everyone with a pulse goes to a pub, or pubs, regularly.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 12:20 am

It doesn’t seem like he goes to a “pub”-type place. They are actually nice places which serve good food. Families even go to them. They usually have a “Sunday roast.” Theres a “bar” in those places. They play darts. They are more like American bar-restaurants than bars, per se. There’s usually not a bouncer in those places, either. They have too much class for that. They don’t expect people to act like idiots.

It seems like he goes to an American-style “bar,” which might have a jukebox and a snooker/pool table....and maybe a couple of video games. There’s usually one TV in those types of places. Not a bar-restaurant. They tend not to have the best of food—if it’s served at all. There might be only pretzels and nuts at the “bar” itself.

Or it could be a “club” type of place. He mentions getting on the wrong side with bouncers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 1:10 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It doesn’t seem like he goes to a “pub”-type place. They are actually nice places which serve good food. Families even go to them. They usually have a “Sunday roast.” Theres a “bar” in those places. They play darts. They are more like American bar-restaurants than bars, per se. There’s usually not a bouncer in those places, either. They have too much class for that. They don’t expect people to act like idiots.

It seems like he goes to an American-style “bar,” which might have a jukebox and a snooker/pool table....and maybe a couple of video games. There’s usually one TV in those types of places. Not a bar-restaurant. They tend not to have the best of food—if it’s served at all. There might be only pretzels and nuts at the “bar” itself.

Or it could be a “club” type of place. He mentions getting on the wrong side with bouncers.

Let's let Jamesy describe it to us.

FYI, here, all pubs/bars that have a liquor primary licence vs. food primary with a liquor sales licence must have bouncers/door staff on shift at night & the number of them required depends on how many people the place is licenced for. It's not just night clubs & biker bars that have doormen. Some places are actually quite classy - still gotta have a bouncer (or 2 or 3 etc) by law.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 1:50 am

A statement too general to really mean anything. "Some people" may believe that the Earth is flat and that they've been abducted by aliens, and that the secret lizards in government are covering it up.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 2:05 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
A statement too general to really mean anything. "Some people" may believe that the Earth is flat and that they've been abducted by aliens, and that the secret lizards in government are covering it up.

You know about all that, too? 8O

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 3:45 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

You know about all that, too? 8O

SSSSHH! *conspiratorial wink*

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 7:27 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Why do I get the feeling James is a long played out gag by a Kiwi Farmer or Bodybuilder Forumite?

Anyways, dude, it might be best in the long run you stop going to bars at least for now. It's not a matter of whether or not you already go to them, but accepting the disparity between the type of attention you want and the type of attention you are getting.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 7:40 am

Yeah the bar is american style