27 May 2013, 1:22 am

Quote:
do you find aspie wp girls attractive?

No.

hmp! :stuckup:

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

27 May 2013, 1:25 am

Kjas wrote:
I'm not on the WP FB group but I have noticed that most share a particular blank / lost in their own world (or otherworldly) / very naïve look. I have it too. Most of the aspie women I have met have it.

If they happen to be very beautiful, certainly it can make them look very angel like - although the combination of naivety and good looks does usually attract abusers or men who are very domineering and refuse to respect boundaries.

Unfortunately, very true, which can spoil it/make things difficult for others. Women should be able to get a sex offender scanner in their phones and use it on men. This would make life so much easier for the innocent. It takes some effort to reassure a girl nowadays. :D

I've seen some guys on here with a similar look. I wonder if there's a name for it.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 7:45 am

Quote:
do you find aspie wp girls attractive?

Yes, yes I do. But I have to hold my horses sometimes.
:lol: :P

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 8:39 am

Tyri0n wrote:
http://i1.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/lens11024211_1274688628hair.jpg

See? Very autistic look.

Nope. Still don't know what you mean. I would not have guessed she was autistic, because if there is an "autistic look" I don't know it. It would be quite useful to learn to recognise it, though.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 8:50 am

Yeah, what's autistic looks?

Her head isn't that big either.

Persevero
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 May 2013, 9:15 am

From the angle created by her irises it seems like she's looking at something far behind the camera, which isn't normal for photographs.

That's the only "clue" I get.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 9:35 am

Persevero wrote:
From the angle created by her irises it seems like she's looking at something far behind the camera, which isn't normal for photographs.

That's the only "clue" I get.

and she's not doing a duckface, that's clue 2.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 10:59 am

Tyri0n wrote:
http://i1.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/lens11024211_1274688628hair.jpg

See? Very autistic look.

I wouldn't have thought that person was autistic when I saw her, but it does look like her smile is kind of forced. It is hard to tell because the picture is kind of small and she's wearing maskera (how do you even spell this word?), but real smiles make the outside corners of your eyes wrinkle, and it doesn't look like that's happening. Also she's not looking at the camera either. But a lot of people fake smiles for photographs, so I might not have thought anything about it.

fMR1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 May 2013, 12:28 pm

There is actually an autistic look in girls.

They will have flat, long foreheads. Glassy, spacy eyes. An almost non visible brow ridge. Their mouth will be somewhat, horizontally long. They may have a big head.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 6:05 pm

Would I date an autistic girl? Sure why not.

Would I date an autistic girl that I know right now? Probably not. I'm just not physically attracted to any of the girls I know with autism. I know 5 girls who have Autism and none of them I really have a crush on. Some of them i'm just not compatible with while others are physically unattractive.

I would date an aspie chick if we were compatible and she was decent looking. The problem is that i'm very good at recognizing autism in guys but not as easily in girls. Plus every time I see a pretty girl, I assume she is neurotypical. Finally, for everyone 10 guys with Aspergers, there is just 1 girl with it. And girls are much more likely to go undiagnosed. You're better off dating a neurotypical who is compatible with you since your chances of finding an aspie chick who fits all of your standards and lives nearby is pretty low.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2015, 6:20 pm

windscar15 wrote:
Be honest, guys.

I'm not saying there are no attractive autistic girls. There are certainly a lot of them that have great looks and great personalities.

Problem is, that the ones in my area are sheltered, unappealing, and very awkward.
There is one autistic girl I liked but she ended up going out with this Russian guy.

Maybe personality wise and I've seen pictures of people on the spectrum who look good...but being female and straight I cannot judge how attractive they are in that sense. I personally have aspergers and don't really know how attractive people rate me...I am certainly awkward, not too sheltered and well weather I am appealing or not depends on what the other person finds appealing. If they find cigarette smoking to be the most disgusting habit ever, find rock and metal music distasteful, hate marijuana and are heavily religious, dislikes my style of vintage clothes, band t-shirts, skinny jeans, beanies, lack of make-up and thinks I ought to have a more proper appearance for instance I'd be pretty unappealing to that person.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2015, 9:55 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
windscar15 wrote:
Be honest, guys.

I'm not saying there are no attractive autistic girls. There are certainly a lot of them that have great looks and great personalities.

Problem is, that the ones in my area are sheltered, unappealing, and very awkward.
There is one autistic girl I liked but she ended up going out with this Russian guy.

Maybe personality wise and I've seen pictures of people on the spectrum who look good...but being female and straight I cannot judge how attractive they are in that sense. I personally have aspergers and don't really know how attractive people rate me...I am certainly awkward, not too sheltered and well weather I am appealing or not depends on what the other person finds appealing. If they find cigarette smoking to be the most disgusting habit ever, find rock and metal music distasteful, hate marijuana and are heavily religious, dislikes my style of vintage clothes, band t-shirts, skinny jeans, beanies, lack of make-up and thinks I ought to have a more proper appearance for instance I'd be pretty unappealing to that person.

Smoking for me is only a turnoff for health reasons, and it's partly psychological. My dad was practically a life-long smoker (back when 8-year-olds could get cigarettes) and was diabetic AND had a nasty temper. So I grew up with someone who yelled/cussed at mom and me, didn't really take care of himself, blood sugar running all over the place. The combination of fried food and tobacco caught up with him. His kidneys failed. He developed a fungal infection in his esophagus, so every day at breakfast, without fail, he was puking in a bucket. I had the (dis)pleasure of watching him slowly fall apart over the last 3 or 5 years of his life. His heart finally wore out the morning they were going to amputate one of his legs.

My aunt and uncle who I was close to most of my life never could quit, either. So towards the end of their lives, I got a first-hand lesson in COPD and watching old folks suck oxygen at home. I realize I'm telling you nothing you don't know already. It's just that I wouldn't have quite the aversion to smoking if I hadn't been surrounded by smokers growing up. It's more the association with my dad that really makes it sting.

I don't really have feelings one way or the other on marijuana. It's just not my thing. As long as I don't get arrested, I don't care! lol

I'm not crazy about girls who wear makeup. I think you have excellent taste in music.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2015, 7:01 am

darkphantomx1 wrote:
I would date an aspie chick if we were compatible and she was decent looking. The problem is that i'm very good at recognizing autism in guys but not as easily in girls. Plus every time I see a pretty girl, I assume she is neurotypical. Finally, for everyone 10 guys with Aspergers, there is just 1 girl with it. And girls are much more likely to go undiagnosed. You're better off dating a neurotypical who is compatible with you since your chances of finding an aspie chick who fits all of your standards and lives nearby is pretty low.

Totally wrong. There are just as many neurodiverse (which is what matters here, not diagnosis on paper) girls as guys, so that is not a valid argument. The problem more is that neurodiverse girls can more easily hook-up with neurotypical guys than neurodiverse guys can hook-up with neurotypical girls. However, the success-rate probably is not higher for neurodiverse girls, and the risk for exploitation is probably much higher, so it would be better if more neurodiverse people got together.

As for the question in the post, yes, I find quite a few neurodiverse girls attractive, but most importantly some of them also triggers my interest, while few neurotypical girls do.