Is it possible for a girl to become an Asperger obsession?

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2009, 5:52 pm

It does or at least did work. Check the third or fourth post in this thread for the results. That's the first hug I ever got from her, that is most definately because I ignored her for week. Honestly I haven't been doing it recently because I've been so worried for whatever reason that she would stop likin me, so I started looking into her eyes again in the lunchroom and it feels like I'm doing something wrong now.

At my comp now so I can quote again and here it is:

j5689 wrote:
At the moment, she seems to be interested but what would I know?

I've known her for a year already but I don't feel like posting any mini-novels at the moment. I do still need help in assessing this, which happened last Monday:

Here, I'll copy my post from another forum about it:

_j5689_ wrote:
It's a long story but here goes:

That girl I was talking about, well I talked to her on last Monday morning and asked what my friend (her ex) was actually saying when he said he would talk to her for me. Then I thought that what I had asked was really really stupid and I just went back to my seat, almost cried, and then forgot about it and her and was happy for the rest of the day. I didn't talk to her or even look at her in the eyes for the rest of the week except a couple times at lunch on Friday, normally I do it almost all the time.

Then today, my friend (her ex) and I were waiting near his locker, because he was going to introduce me to this other girl that can help me with my Asperger syndrome social problems. Amazingly this happens:

I see the girl that I like in front of him and she just keeps looking at me for a few seconds and waves to us both and then she comes up with a hugging motion and me and my friend both think it's for him, but she pushes him aside and says no and then gives ME a hug. The first time that she has ever hugged me as a matter of fact.

What might have been a reason for this hug?

Is it that thing where you stop showing a girl attention and suddenly she reallys wants you?

Other relevant info:

Last year, it always seemed like she have him more attention than me, this is why it seemed really out of place for this to happen.

She doesn't initiate conversation with me.

She looks at me sometimes.

Also, the following day, I was walking back to class from lunch and then I turn around and see her with her arm locked around this guys arm, with another girl on his left arm. I turned back forward immediately and she bumped into me really hard.

Does this all mean she likes me, and if so, how much?

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 6:05 pm

Hm... Then again there may be unwritten rules about how the ignoring thing works that you may not be aware of. Maybe it's only supposed to continue for a certain amount of time or maybe you need to have limited contact with her to keep her guessing?

j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2009, 6:30 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
Hm... Then again there may be unwritten rules about how the ignoring thing works that you may not be aware of. Maybe it's only supposed to continue for a certain amount of time or maybe you need to have limited contact with her to keep her guessing?
Those are probably both right, and since I don't know naturally like everyone else, then it might not be such a good idea to use it any more.

The next time I can talk to her is on Friday, if I do it, I hope I don't make an ass out of myself again.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 6:44 pm

Sorry, can't help you with the rules :?

I am interested to see how things turn out, though, so do tell :)

j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2009, 8:18 pm

Aha, I certainly will then. Wish me luck, I'll need it!

j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2009, 2:23 pm

Well, I got her number again(I had it last year but broke that phone). It wasn't nearly as awkward as last time either and she was looking at me a lot at lunch too.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 2:25 pm

Thats great! :)
Sounds like a good sign if she gave you her number.

j5689
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2009, 3:24 pm

Yeah, it was definitely a good day simply because of that.

Not sure where to go from here though.

falcorn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jan 2009, 5:36 am

yea, it's been my obsession over this one girl for a while. like really really obsessed

lambey
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jul 2012, 6:22 pm

im not sure if i have Aspergers or not but:

i've now become obsessed with 2 girls ive liked a LOT. one of these i managed to distract myself from by starting to learn the guitar - as music has always been an obsession of mine but i'd never been allowed to get a guitar (cause of my parents). i find that by allowing myself to feed into something that im passionate about can help distract me from the girl - so try that.

the second, however, is proving to be a problem. i basically got angry and exploded over something - which i later discovered is common in people with aspergers (which led to me looking it all up and realising how well it fits). unfortunately since then ive been obsessed with trying to make her understand - because i honestly feel as though i love her :/
unfortunately i can't do that or explain anything to her (including WHY im obsessed) without an official diagnosis - which im too anxious / nervous / scared to get :P

_DyL_

12 Jul 2012, 12:19 pm

It's quite common for aspies to become obsessed with the girl they like, if that's what you mean.
I've become obsessed with a few different girls in the past... It's usually what ruins my relationships. :?