This might work for other guys too

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Perambulator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2009, 8:16 am

I've never been very good with women, not had much luck but this year I feel quite amazing, I sense that I'm almost at the point of getting a girlfriend. At the moment I simply haven't got a girl in mind who I would to be that person so I'm just enjoying life for now. 2 weeks ago I started eating homemade, hand-prepared food. I can't believe how fast it's worked but I've rapidly lost weight (though I was only about half a stone overweight) and felt much more energetic. I've not become a great cook. I simply take the easiest route making simple things like stews. Stews are a simple way to get plenty of vegetables and the accompanying nutrients that isn't challenging on the taste buds or time consuming. If you can't cook anything at all just ask your mother how to make a stew, most mothers will know and it's so easy to cook.

What I've realised is that all the things some nutritionists lecture us about are true. Having processed food is really bad for us but the main reason isn't the weight they make us gain. It's the preservatives that hang around in our livers, clog up our internal organs and networks and make us feel sluggish, irritable, impeded and not very alert. There's usually less sugar in home-made food and sugar rather than fat is actually the main cause of the obesity epidemic of modern times. But even if you use abundant sugar in your home-made food you'll still benefit from making your own meals as you bypass colourings, additives and assorted preservatives which can lead to anxiety and depression. Another thing is many people don't realise this but so many people eat a lot of fast food takeaways and junk food and most of these are cooked in omega-6 rich cooking oils which create an imbalance. Most people are suffering from depression because they have far more omega-6 than omega-3.

You can balance this out by simply stopping eating french fries from fast food restaurants, chips and a few other products (to be honest I don't know the whole range but those two seem the most obvious ones). Having enough omega-3 in relation to omega-6 is important for not feeling depressed and for being able to absorb information and learn well. That's why at the moment there's something of an obsession with enriching children's food with omega-3.

Well, anyway besides eating home-made food I'm cycling to the supermarket for it so getting a little fitter. Also occasionally going swimming in the gym I'm a member of. Personally I recommend swimming over any other exercise. It allows for childish fun and showing off your boy. Enjoying women ogling at your semi-nude body is a bit of fun and is a welcome relief from the uptight nature of modern life. It beats anything else in the gym. I've always felt irritably and frustrated on the running machines, weight machines, free weights and all the rest. The other people seem to be comparing themselves too much and there's too much tension. Swimming feels so more easygoing. Maybe we should have learned from history: the Romans conquered most of Europe and Roman soldiers as often as possible had a swim every day.

I'll also share a few specific eating tips. These might not work. Everyone's unique but I would say generally they should. Avoid sweets, white chocolate and regular chocolate. But dark chocolate is pretty good. It's mostly cocoa, the part of chocolate that makes people feel cheerful and has some general health benefits, whereas the other chocolates have so much sugar they always leave people feeling tired after them. Finally people always refer to the Mediterranean diet when they talk of how to be healthy. For a long time everyone thought it was the fish that made Mediterraneans so lean but in fact recent research suggests it's far more likely to be nuts. There's always been an abundance of nuts there and France, one of the few first world countries that has mostly maintained traditional body shapes has the one and only walnut, or as the French call it the Gaul nut. It's the best nut there is and is high in omega-3 and is reckoned by scientists now to be the real reason people like the French and Italians are in such good shape. Though high in fat it's mostly the good kind, and providing you don't eat more than a handful a day walnuts are really good because they have carbohydrates, protein and fat all in abundance and almost everything your body needs alongside a diet that includes a few portions of fruit and vegetables every day.

Well, peace. And hope everyone has a wonderful 2009.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 8:23 am

1) This should be moved to the health forum

2) Just by cutting fast foods out of my diet (and a great deal of chocolate), I've been able to lose 25 lbs and keep it off for 6 months now...

Perambulator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2009, 8:38 am

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention something. By having a more nutrient-rich diet I think it's improved my memory a lot. I've been learning the piano for 7 months and the past week or so has been the most productive. I've made more improvement than in months. Also I think a good memory is key to success with women probably. I'm beginning to remember charming things to say and am more likely now to think of appropriate responses to questions or questions to ask women because I'm more alert and in tune with what's happening around me.

So diet, mental performance and dating/social skills are definitely related in my opinion.

To ToadOfSTeel: Good job, man! Keep it up.