What do women look for in a male body?

Page 14 of 18 [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 2:54 pm

Yes I have heard of divorce. That makes lying no less idiotic. :roll:

Haliphron, you flatter yourself (and everyone on this forum) if you beleive women here are lying to intentionally decieve you. What's the point in that?

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 2:56 pm

Haliphron wrote:
mitharatowen wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
mitharatowen wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
and the trick is to keep the "sh***y" personality traits hidden, at least till after the wedding :wink:

Please tell me this is a joke? :|

no,it's not a joke, this one is true.

It can be true but it should not be. Why would you ever want to trick someone into spending the rest of their life with you??? Arrggghhh... nm I'm going to shut up before I go off on another rant :x

Ever heard of a little something called Divorce? :lol:

And anna-banana: I honestly DO NOT expect, or even Believe that the womens here are going to be honest about what they really want in a man because many of them may be attracted to things they're not consciously aware of AND/OR they wont disclose them as women tend to conceal their intentions. :P

agreed.

if we were to conciously think about compiling lists of our criteria and about the whole mating process the whole humanity would go extinct ;)

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 2:58 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
Yes I have heard of divorce. That makes lying no less idiotic. :roll:

Haliphron, you flatter yourself (and everyone on this forum) if you beleive women here are lying to intentionally decieve you. What's the point in that?

Well it SURE DOES make me feel smug. :mrgreen:
I dont believe that ALL women here are lying ALL the time. But I have to tell you, Ive had MANY people, who have lied to me despite the fact that I clearly didnt believe them AND expected me to go along with it! I *love* it how idealistic liberals who believe that people are basically good at heart try to delude me into thinking that generalizations are doomed to fail when the reality is they work quite well. :D

:lol:

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 3:09 pm

I don't believe people are 'good at heart' but I do believe that most poeple do consider themselves 'good people' and most people try to choose what they feel is the right thing, though their rationalizations may not be entirely accurate.

Generalizations exist for a reason - because there are many people that fit the profile. I just try not to judge someone, be it based on generalizations or anything else, before I get to know them.

There are certainly many people who lie for no good reason and I frankly do not understand it at all and never will. But it certainly seems defeatist to assume that everyone is lying without proof of such. How will you ever learn anything about anyone?
:shrug:

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 3:11 pm

Then I guess we could say that racists were right in their generalizations as well as Hitler.

That was Hilter's favorite game in his agenda.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 3:31 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Then I guess we could say that racists were right in their generalizations as well as Hitler.

NO MissConstrue. While it is a generalization to say that all generalizations are true; it happens to be a FALSE generalization because that generalization is incorrect. Liberals have decided against logic and to assume that all generalizations are false. The logic of assuming that all generlizations are true is flawed, so the negated statement is also incorrect. :wink:

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 3:36 pm

Haliphron wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:

NO MissConstrue. While it is a generalization to say that all generalizations are true; it happens to be a FALSE generalization because that generalization is incorrect. Liberals have decided against logic and to assume that all generalizations are false. The logic of assuming that all generlizations are true is flawed, so the negated statement is also incorrect. :wink:

Quote:
Liberals have decided against logic and to assume that all generalizations are false.

I don't know what you mean by liberals.... :?

...but isn't that a bit blunt and general?

Aside from that, there are some truth to generalizations but they are not the end all be all. People will never fit into a perfect precise way unless there is some scientific data to back ALL of it up.

It is human nature to generalize even for lack of validity.

This is one of the oldest traits in humans and has been used to explain why questionable things are the way they are.

Last edited by MissConstrue on 25 Feb 2009, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aleph0
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Feb 2009, 3:36 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
I was attracted to my husband for personality alone. I do not find him physically attractive in the least. But I was physically attracted and turned on by him based on the fact that I loved him for his (perceived at the time) personality. I made a conscious decision to love him even though I find him physically unattractive because I did not believe that looks mattered at all. If his personality had held up to my expectations, I probably would not regret my descision.

The very same thing happend to me! :lol:
It ended adout a year ago, I fell in love with a frind of mine (hes's fat and not very attractive...) and we dated and lived together for about a year. But in my case I can definitely say that it as bad sex that killed it...
At the beggining I convinced my self (even befor I started dating him) that he is the guy for me, and if I can't make it with him I can't make it... :cry:
But, the sex was bad... and I mean bad, and gradually he started to get on my nerves, and I started to hate every thing about him...
I didn't marry him though, luckily :wink:

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 3:43 pm

I find the posts annoying how women are attracted to personality. Maybe the women posters here are and are less ficle than women in general.. But in my experience unless a women is physcially attracted to you she isn't going to give you a chance. If she is attracted to you the judging isn't going to stop there. :lol:

Women are super hard on their own looks, I can't see why they wouldn't translate this into what they see in men.

Due to biology women are naturally more picky than men, don't try and paint the picture that they are not. :shameonyou: :lol:

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 3:44 pm

Aleph0 wrote:
mitharatowen wrote:
I was attracted to my husband for personality alone. I do not find him physically attractive in the least. But I was physically attracted and turned on by him based on the fact that I loved him for his (perceived at the time) personality. I made a conscious decision to love him even though I find him physically unattractive because I did not believe that looks mattered at all. If his personality had held up to my expectations, I probably would not regret my descision.

The very same thing happend to me! :lol:
It ended adout a year ago, I fell in love with a frind of mine (hes's fat and not very attractive...) and we dated and lived together for about a year. But in my case I can definitely say that it as bad sex that killed it...
At the beggining I convinced my self (even befor I started dating him) that he is the guy for me, and if I can't make it with him I can't make it... :cry:
But, the sex was bad... and I mean bad, and gradually he started to get on my nerves, and I started to hate every thing about him...
I didn't marry him though, luckily :wink:

Sounds very similar :? my husband's not too fat but the bad sex is definately killing our relationship.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 3:47 pm

MR_BOGAN wrote:
I find the posts annoying how women are attracted to personality. Maybe the women posters here are and are less ficle than women in general.. But in my experience unless a women is physcially attracted to you she isn't going to give you a chance. If she is attracted to you the judging isn't going to stop there. :lol:

Women are super hard on their own looks, I can't see why they wouldn't translate this into what they see in men.

Due to biology women are naturally more picky than men, don't try and paint the picture that they are not. :shameonyou: :lol:

I tend to agree with the fact that women in general can be picky, Bogan. But all I can do is state my own opinion (that looks aren't/weren't important to me). I can't speak for the rest of the world's women.
:shrug:

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 3:52 pm

MR_BOGAN wrote:

Well I will be honest and if it comes off vain or selfish, I apologize but for me the first thing I notice about a guy is his looks not his personality. Personality comes later...this is how I define my attraction to guys on first impressions.

Sorry I had to say it.

Quote:
Women are super hard on their own looks, I can't see why they wouldn't translate this into what they see in men

That's true but this is because men are very picky in the way women look or find attractive as opposed to women. While I do get attracted to guys, they're looks don't seem to fit in a set standard framework. I've found chubby guys attractive but it wasn't because of their personality but something about their face and eyes....It's something I have trouble putting into words because it even confuses me.

Generally men will only go for girls who are very youthful looking with a very specific body type..good sized breasts, flat tummy, good ass, and flawless facial features.

I may be generalizing so correct me if I'm wrong or if there is an acception this rule.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 4:03 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Well I will be honest and if it comes off vain or selfish, I apologize but for me the first thing I notice about a guy is his looks not his personality. Personality comes later...this is how I define my attraction to guys on first impressions.

But of course. I mean, unless you're some kind of telepath a la Prof. X, the very first thing you notice about a person when you meet them in real life is the way they look, not their personality.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 4:11 pm

MissConstrue wrote:

Generally men will only go for girls who are very youthful looking with a very specific body type..good sized breasts, flat tummy, good ass, and flawless facial features.

I may be generalizing so correct me if I'm wrong or if there is an acception this rule.

Kind of. You see it's really all about breeding. A more youthful women is going to be more attractive because the female produces the baby, if she is younger and more healthy she will have a better chance. Where as a male doesn't so youth and health are not as important. That's my theory on it.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 4:52 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
mitharatowen wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
and the trick is to keep the "sh***y" personality traits hidden, at least till after the wedding :wink:

Please tell me this is a joke? :|

no,it's not a joke, this one is true.

It can be true but it should not be. Why would you ever want to trick someone into spending the rest of their life with you??? Arrggghhh... nm I'm going to shut up before I go off on another rant :x

It's not something I agree with but it exists strongly,especially in men, I made a thread about this long time ago:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt69928.html

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 5:09 pm

I don't think women all want the same thing. The ugly ones aren't so fussy.