What do women look for in a male body?

Page 1 of 18 [ 274 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 2:23 pm

flurry wrote:
skinny, no muscles, i couldn't give 2 sh**s about how big the wallet is, sober, quiet, smart, non-overbearing, not touchy-feely, doesn't want to know what i'm thinking or feeling every 15 minutes, not a lot of questions, honest, has his own life, gives me space.

An Ethiopian who will never learn to speak English?

Alla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Feb 2009, 2:53 pm

Not fat. Medium built. Not overly tall. Oh, and this is important, a hairy chest! Sexy!! !!

Greeblig
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Feb 2009, 2:57 pm

Thin. Borderline emaciated.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 3:25 pm

flurry wrote:
skinny, no muscles, i couldn't give 2 sh**s about how big the wallet is, sober, quiet, smart, non-overbearing, not touchy-feely, doesn't want to know what i'm thinking or feeling every 15 minutes, not a lot of questions, honest, has his own life, gives me space.

Sounds like Manorexia...

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 3:45 pm

flurry wrote:

I got all that except the skinny... (and partly the "not touchy-feely"... I enjoy a warm embrace, but I'm not as into grabbing whatever body parts on another person...)

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 3:59 pm

I think its harder for a women to get a nice body than it is for a guy. A bit too much weight and cellulite can appear. But when they do get it right, obviously the girls body is hotter than a guy's :P

DWill
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Feb 2009, 6:24 pm

I have a bulky build and not many women find it attractive. Most seem to like the skinner types. I also have a hairy chest which most women (except 1 one on WP it seems) are not attracted to.

But now and then I run into a few who are attracted to both so each to their own. If you want the majority of girls to be attracted to you I'd go with slim (but still slimly muscular if that makes sense) and not hairy though. I'll always be bulky though its just my build and I'm not shaving my chest so I'm out of luck I guess :).

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 6:34 pm

Actually I think this has something to do with the generation as well. The previous generation seems to be more attracted to hair and bulk whereas ours (DWill) seems to prefer slimmer hairless men. Probably has a lot to do with the media.

But yes, to each his (or her) own.

TheLemonSquish
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Feb 2009, 6:43 pm

I don't really care as long as he is smart has a great personality. However, without knowing someone, I tend to gravitate to the skinny, nerdy, dorky type. I LOVE that. lol it may sound weird but I like guys with glasses, high cheekbones and an overbite. I think it's cute.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 6:53 pm

^ Lol! Love the username! :D

Alla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Feb 2009, 6:54 pm

DWill wrote:
I have a bulky build and not many women find it attractive. Most seem to like the skinner types. I also have a hairy chest which most women (except 1 one on WP it seems) are not attracted to.

I love a hairy chest with nice curly hair on it. And if he is wearing a gold charm necklace.....huge turn on for me! 8)
I am in my mid twenties and all of the young women I know seem to prefer the hairless look. I don't know why, really. I would not want to be with a guy who was naturally hairless or shaved it off. I think this may be one of the reasons I am attracted to middle aged, Mediterranean men.......they have nice hairy chests and are not afraid to show them.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 7:13 pm

DWill wrote:

But now and then I run into a few who are attracted to both so each to their own. If you want the majority of girls to be attracted to you I'd go with slim (but still slimly muscular if that makes sense) and not hairy though. I'll always be bulky though its just my build and I'm not shaving my chest so I'm out of luck I guess :).

You're cute DWill so I wouldn't worry...it's not exclusively based on body type IMO.

And you can always shave there whenever you feel like it....

Kidding... :P

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 8:11 pm

Honestly, looks aren't the most important thing to women. Personality is about 80 percent of what they look for. There could be a moderately attractive man as an example but if he has a poor personality and poor social skills, girls will turned off by him. It doesn't matter if they think he's good looking or not. It won't do him any good if he can't even communicate with them. I don't want to use myself as an example because I'm not vain but I don't consider myself hideous by any means and I can relate to that situation I just named. Girls like guys who are funny and confident. That's what always seems to get them. It's not the looks that always get to them. Maybe girls would be afraid of a very attractive man much like how guys can be afraid of very attractive women.

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 8:26 pm

I don't think there is ever a majority vote for something like this because it always comes down to that connection. When you connect with someone, there's a really cool energy between the two of you. I don't care about how much money he makes, or what car he drives, or what colour his skin is. None of that is important to me. The thing that will always get me is that connection that you really can't put your finger on. But you understand him and he totally gets you and what you're about. When you have that, the whole looks thing is secondary.

If I were forced to pick something about guys that I like, it's broad shoulders. I am a sucker for that. :wink:

Gaya
Toucan
Toucan

18 Feb 2009, 10:00 pm

Unless a guy has extreme physical maladjustments going on (huge gut; weird facail hair; crooked face, etc.), I can like him simply because of his demeanor and personality. There's this kind of funny-looking Asian guy at the gym I work out in, who juggles basketballs all the time. He's always got all these basketballs going everywhere, so I sort of have a crush on him because I find his behavior interesting. (And impressive. I could never do that with basketballs 8O ).

But... I tend to prefer thin guys with long hair. The long hair is a huge turn-on for me, so much so that I think every guy should have long hair. I also like angular jawlines, like the ones Viggo Mortenson and Johnny Depp have.

frodosam
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Feb 2009, 10:08 pm

Assuming the personality is great, I prefer tall, not skinny but a solid build (not muscular, not fat, just a strong build) and an interesting face.