What do women look for in a male body?

Page 4 of 18 [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 1:48 pm

billsmithglendale wrote:
Space wrote:
Gay men seem to like...
-tall
-blue eyes
-muscles
-6 pack abs
-good teeth, skin
-dark or tanned look

Fixed it for ya ;)

Women do like tall, but 6 pack abs, not required, believe me. Muscles, as this thread shows, also not required. Good teeth/skin -- maybe, but you can buy those, at least.

Tan or dark -- again, very individual. I'm pale, and for some people, that's their thing.

My theory (and other people's) is that we tend to seek either people who look like us (the familiar), or genetic diversity. I'm Caucasian, blond, tall, pale, a little heavy, and have always been attracted to either blonde women, or to ethnic women, mostly asian. I'm not very into other women of my race besides the blonde thing.

but... what am I supposed to use as an excuse for being unlovable? :nerdy:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 1:49 pm

I'm almost 6', have nearly 6-pack abs, etc., and I still can't find anyone.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 2:04 pm

Space wrote:
women seem to like...
-tall YES
-blue eyes NO
-muscles NOT TOO MUCH
-6 pack abs ONLY SLIGHTLY
-good teeth, skin OBVIOUSLY
-dark or tanned look DOESN'T MATTER (AND FAKE TAN A MAJOR TURN-OFF)

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 2:41 pm

CelticGoddess wrote:
benjimanbreeg wrote:
CelticGoddess wrote:
I don't think there is ever a majority vote for something like this because it always comes down to that connection. When you connect with someone, there's a really cool energy between the two of you. I don't care about how much money he makes, or what car he drives, or what colour his skin is. None of that is important to me. The thing that will always get me is that connection that you really can't put your finger on. But you understand him and he totally gets you and what you're about. When you have that, the whole looks thing is secondary.

If I were forced to pick something about guys that I like, it's broad shoulders. I am a sucker for that. :wink:

I have broad shoulders :twisted:

Oooh...nice to meet you Mr. Benjimanbreeg. *fans herself and swoons*

:lol:

If you faint, i'll catch you :wink:

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 3:07 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I'm almost 6', have nearly 6-pack abs, etc., and I still can't find anyone.

That's because women aren't really attracted first to looks. Its personality that matters. That's why Aspie guys have problems getting women. Its not about looks. Women are turned off by guys that are awkward, hard to talk to, don't look at them when they speak or just aren't fun to be around. You can be the sexiest man in the world and that isn't necessarily enough to keep a woman if you aren't fun and easy to talk to. Work on personality, looks don't matter much and they fade as one gets older anyways.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 3:11 pm

Depends on the type of woman and what stage of her life she's in. Lots of women look for an attractive man. A mature woman who is looking to settle down may look for a man with a good job/good personality ect. Of course there are exceptions to every rule but I don't buy the 'girls only like personalities' crap. I think there are a lot of factors and there are definately some very shallow ladies out there.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 3:15 pm

Its really interesting to see how what is considered good looking depends on the generation just like someone posted earlier. I've noticed the current young generation of girls seem to like the skinny men and are turned off by more masculine looking men. To me the skinny men have bodies shaped like girls, very feminine looking hips and butts and they don't seem very strong. So its amazing the sissy men are what women go for these days since my generation was the exact opposite. Its kinda like the women who are attracted to gay men, we called them fag hags so I wonder if the young girls of today are kinda the same wanting the metrosexual man.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 3:34 pm

^^yeah that's quite interesting. I remember my mom had a crush on this guy:

not really the type most girls today would go for...

that was the '80s though :p

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 3:44 pm

15 inch +

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 4:44 pm

anna-banana wrote:
Space wrote:
women seem to like...
-tall YES
-blue eyes NO
-muscles NOT TOO MUCH

notice the big yes for tall.....

I am curious, what's tall and not tall for you, and are you tall?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 4:51 pm

makuranososhi wrote:
...there are no general rules for attraction. Some people have quirks and fetishes, others just go against the grain. Have known women whose tastes ran towards shorter, stout men who more resembled hobbits than humans in my mind, to those whose list of demands on a physique rival Santa's list of names. There are societally common traits, often tied to breeding and power - height, strength, socially advantageous features (blue eyes in some cultures, so example)... but it doesn't ensure anything. On an objective basis, using some of the criteria listed before, perhaps I should be considered attractive - blond, blue eyed, very broad shouldered, rather tall (6'4")... but I'm not overly muscled, I'm not thin, and at present I'm not obese. While some see attractive qualities, in general I am the plain-jane, one whose appearance is relatively socially inert. My movements aren't classical, so they can cause some confused reactions in others. Ultimately... I believe women are looking for comfort, for security, and for 'fit' when they are seeking a partner.

M.

Applaud.

I think attraction is more diverse than just this or that.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 4:54 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
Space wrote:
women seem to like...
-tall YES
-blue eyes NO
-muscles NOT TOO MUCH

lol I'm not tall at all (165 cm, or 5"5), and I don't mind shorter guys. actually, vast majority of guys I had some "flings" with or that I had crushes on were on the shorter side.

it's just that an unattractive guy seems more attractive if he's tall, if that makes any sense... to use an analogy- imagine an average-looking woman, now would you say that she would look more attractive with big boobs than with small boobs?

the same thing applies for height in men (in my humble opinion)

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 4:58 pm

Many women like to feel safe and protected and it is easier to feel protected if you can rest your head on a man's chest instead of your chin on his head lol

But actually I have dated a boy where I had to bend down a bit to rest my chin on his shoulder. (he was a late bloomer and was still like 5'2 or something at 16. He's about 6 now I think)

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 4:59 pm

anna-banana wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
Space wrote:
women seem to like...
-tall YES
-blue eyes NO
-muscles NOT TOO MUCH

lol I'm not tall at all (165 cm, or 5"5), and I don't mind shorter guys. actually, vast majority of guys I had some "flings" with or that I had crushes on were on the shorter side.

it's just that an unattractive guy seems more attractive if he's tall, if that makes any sense... to use an analogy- imagine an average-looking woman, now would you say that she would look more attractive with big boobs than with small boobs?

the same thing applies for height in men (in my humble opinion)

I prefer average breast for women, I don't mind firm and small, I find extra-large gross. I think most guys would agree with me in that too.

I have the same height of yours btw.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 5:01 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
Space wrote:
women seem to like...
-tall YES
-blue eyes NO
-muscles NOT TOO MUCH

Doesn't your username resemble some kind of hobbit?

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 5:02 pm

^ Don't you ever read books?