What do women look for in a male body?

Page 15 of 18 [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 5:09 pm

I don't think women all want the same thing. The ugly ones aren't so fussy.

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 5:45 pm

benjimanbreeg wrote:

That's not nice and not true. Some of the fussiest and most high self-esteem women (in terms of going for someone above their "level") seem to be ones not beautiful in a conventional sense, especially heavy women.

But true enough that women, like men, don't all like the same thing. The woman at my workplace I am the most infatuated with (in an innocent way, since I'm already taken) is someone most guys consider very homely. Bad skin, no makeup, droopy eyelid on one side, mediocre clothes, but I'm so taken by the beauty I see there, and her smile and intelligence. Too bad she seems depressed or completely uninterested in guys (or anyone, I don't think she's gay either). She might be an Aspie. And she certainly doesn't seem to consider herself desperate or "not fussy."

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 5:53 pm

My husband tells me that I have high expectations 8O
I don't get it.. I don't expect presents or material benefits.. I don't expect him to work full time.. I don't expect him to cook.. I don't even expect him to take a shower more than once a week (which he doesn't)

I expect him to be capable of taking care of important things when needed and I expect him want to have sex with me and I expect him to put my needs before his own when the two clash (I always put his first when I can but sometimes I need things too) I'd also like it if he could pick up the house on his day off (while I work full time) and try to avoid calling me profane names.

Some girls expect less than that?

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 5:58 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Generally men will only go for girls who are very youthful looking with a very specific body type..good sized breasts, flat tummy, good ass, and flawless facial features.

I may be generalizing so correct me if I'm wrong or if there is an acception this rule.

I have a weakness for women who look certain ways, but it's not necessarily conforming to the "fertility" norm (some of it is more fashion than fertility anyway). There are some plenty who I've found attractive in quite a shallow sense, due to their appearance, but not because of their breasts or even the structure of their face, more just because they look like someone I'd like to be around.

So if I'm anything to go by appearance is what comes first, but not necessarily as predictable as you seem to make out. I mean, some of the men have mentioned glasses, I can relate and that doesn't have to do with fertility per se.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 6:00 pm

billsmithglendale wrote:
benjimanbreeg wrote:

That's not nice and not true. Some of the fussiest and most high self-esteem women (in terms of going for someone above their "level") seem to be ones not beautiful in a conventional sense, especially heavy women.

But true enough that women, like men, don't all like the same thing. The woman at my workplace I am the most infatuated with (in an innocent way, since I'm already taken) is someone most guys consider very homely. Bad skin, no makeup, droopy eyelid on one side, mediocre clothes, but I'm so taken by the beauty I see there, and her smile and intelligence. Too bad she seems depressed or completely uninterested in guys (or anyone, I don't think she's gay either). She might be an Aspie. And she certainly doesn't seem to consider herself desperate or "not fussy."

Its true, hot girls are quickly dettered.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 8:34 pm

benjimanbreeg wrote:

Perhaps some ugly women arent fussy because they are trying to be realistic about what they can actually have as well as what they really want.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 8:35 pm

Haliphron wrote:
benjimanbreeg wrote:

Perhaps some ugly women arent fussy because they are trying to be realistic about what they can actually have as well as what they really want.

obviously.

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 8:57 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
but the point is that something had to happen to make that scar appear...

Good point. I guess a guy with little background or history at "experiencing" life would seem boring or such.

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 8:59 pm

jawbrodt wrote:
I also think scars show women that we're adventurous, rugged, etc.....

Kinda like a test to show we are dependable in a certain way?

Orbyss
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 9:49 pm

Scars show an ability to survive, I think. I mean, emotionally speaking, I do think I find scars automatically attractive, if I'm already attracted to the guy than it's an even bigger plus. It shows an active life, and experience.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 9:57 pm

Orbyss wrote:
Scars show an ability to survive, I think. I mean, emotionally speaking, I do think I find scars automatically attractive, if I'm already attracted to the guy than it's an even bigger plus. It shows an active life, and experience.

I wonder why myself and other men find scars and cellulite repulsive and prefer soft, smooth skin (ideally without blemishes).... :?

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 9:57 pm

Orbyss wrote:

Or several surgeries. :lol: All of my scars are from operations.

Ooh wait....I do have two scars from three separate poision spider bites. 8) But that's about it. :lol:

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 10:02 pm

Haliphron wrote:
Orbyss wrote:

I wonder why myself and other men find scars and cellulite repulsive and prefer soft, smooth skin (ideally without blemishes).... :?

Because you're men? :wink:

Those who know, don't speak.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 10:06 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
My husband tells me that I have high expectations 8O
I don't get it.. I don't expect presents or material benefits.. I don't expect him to work full time.. I don't expect him to cook.. I don't even expect him to take a shower more than once a week (which he doesn't)

I expect him to be capable of taking care of important things when needed and I expect him want to have sex with me and I expect him to put my needs before his own when the two clash (I always put his first when I can but sometimes I need things too) I'd also like it if he could pick up the house on his day off (while I work full time) and try to avoid calling me profane names.

Some girls expect less than that?

I think he should stop complaining. It sounds like he has it better than he knows. :chin:

Those who know, don't speak.

Orbyss
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 10:06 pm

Haliphron wrote:
Orbyss wrote:

On each other? Or women? Women have more neotenic features, supposedly to incite a caring nature in their men (the leftovers of being primarily polygamous apes, which I guess we still are). Soft features also mean a woman is younger, and therefore healthier and more viable. At least that's what I assume the logic is.

CelticGoddess wrote:
Orbyss wrote:

Or several surgeries. :lol: All of my scars are from operations.

Ooh wait....I do have two scars from three separate poision spider bites. 8) But that's about it. :lol:

Heh, well, see above. I think women are more likely to get scars through surgery. Knock on wood I don't have a single on yet, just tiny nicks here and there. I'm sure it's a matter of time.

I don't mind scars on women, though. Surgery scars are pretty specific -- my friend has one from a surgery, I don't think it's bad. They're also good conversation starters.

Hahah, and then I'm reminded of the Aspie-seeming beauty contestant from the Minnesota mockumentary Drop Dead Gorgeous; "They remade my belly with skin from my butt!" [pulls up shirt for all to see]

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 2:02 am

Aleph0 wrote:
mitharatowen wrote:
I was attracted to my husband for personality alone. I do not find him physically attractive in the least. But I was physically attracted and turned on by him based on the fact that I loved him for his (perceived at the time) personality. I made a conscious decision to love him even though I find him physically unattractive because I did not believe that looks mattered at all. If his personality had held up to my expectations, I probably would not regret my descision.

The very same thing happend to me! :lol:
It ended adout a year ago, I fell in love with a frind of mine (hes's fat and not very attractive...) and we dated and lived together for about a year. But in my case I can definitely say that it as bad sex that killed it...
At the beggining I convinced my self (even befor I started dating him) that he is the guy for me, and if I can't make it with him I can't make it... :cry:
But, the sex was bad... and I mean bad, and gradually he started to get on my nerves, and I started to hate every thing about him...
I didn't marry him though, luckily :wink:

What was attractive about their personalities??