Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

salowevision
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Sep 2017, 9:53 pm

Does anybody else think the way girls vie for male attention is really creepy? Like when I want a girl's attention I'll grab my bootstraps and go start a conversation with her... I'm obviously not the smoothest guy in the world but at least when I really want to; I try. When girls want your attention they just stare at you with this glazed over look in their eyes.

I realize this is normal interaction for NT's but it really bothers me. It's like why do you have to be so weird about it? Why can't you just do what I do and say something? You don't even have to be smooth and seductive. Just walk up and say one sentence... ask me one question... I'll handle the rest. But instead you just stare at me like a lobotomized donkey... It's really off-putting. Then they get offended when I don't rush over and lick their boots. It's like what do you expect?!

FunkyPunky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Sep 2017, 9:55 pm

Oh that blank glazed over look isn't flirting. They're receiving a telepathic broadcast from the mothership.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 10:54 pm

No, it's just a glance.

salowevision
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Sep 2017, 11:25 pm

ZachGoodwin wrote:
No, it's just a glance.

Well maybe women glance at you but I'd like the opinions of aspies who actually deal with this in the dating world, thanks.

salowevision
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Sep 2017, 11:25 pm

FunkyPunky wrote:
Oh that blank glazed over look isn't flirting. They're receiving a telepathic broadcast from the mothership.

LMAO... I knew it ;)

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 11:32 pm

maybe she's just shy. maybe they're playing a game whose rules they have always expected others to know.

my current GF showd interest in me by telling me hat fictional characters i looked like...and talking to me. and then tickling me.

i met one girl who was extraordinarily bold.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 12:08 am

As a guy I'm creeped out 1000x more by other guys I must say. :roll: :|

I'm only really squeamish around those I don't know, but it's not often at all that any girl actually bothers me.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

salowevision
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Sep 2017, 12:26 am

I don't wanna describe myself too much but I really grew out of my awkward appearance into my early twenties. They say I'm quite fetching... and yea; people have no idea I'm on the spectrum so of course they're gonna treat me like an NT. I just think it's weird. This is probably my Aspergers talking and it probably doesn't bother most people but when someone I don't know just stares at me from across the room it makes me want to jump out of my skin.

cberg, Oh I'm 100% with you. Guys do it because they're trying to challenge you and be intimidating. It just infuriates me when I'm glared at by men. There's really nothing I can do about it but walk on and go about my business. If I went around fighting every guy who gave me a dirty look I wouldn't have time for anything else. If I went on dates with every girl who wanted me to talk to her I wouldn't have time for anything else.

I'm just so wrapped up in my own acute sentience that every little disturbance offsets my balance and gets me all stirred up. Maybe if I stop grooming and go back to wearing sweatpants all day people will leave me alone.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 8:39 am

This happened to me a lot with my friend's brother. He would just stare at me. And yes, like a lobotomised donkey lol. Sometimes I'll just walk into the room and he'll stare at me. Really freaks me out.

I did try and go up to him and talk to him, but quite often I would say hi, then say hi to whoever we were with and he'd either just stare at me way too long and say something conversational to whoever we were with or he'd just walk away. I had to call him back once because I had actually come over to ask him for some info. Weirdly he was ok talking once I called him back.

Really strange dude.

After a while I gave up and decided that if he did fancy me it wasn't worth the hassle.

Is this one girl you are having issues with does it happen often?

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 9:05 am

salowevision wrote:
Does anybody else think the way girls vie for male attention is really creepy? Like when I want a girl's attention I'll grab my bootstraps and go start a conversation with her... I'm obviously not the smoothest guy in the world but at least when I really want to; I try. When girls want your attention they just stare at you with this glazed over look in their eyes.

I think you are the creepy one, not the girls you describe. After all, starting a conversation with a strange girl is super-creepy, and a violation of the neurodiverse courtship that means you are completely roasted. :mrgreen:

salowevision wrote:
I realize this is normal interaction for NT's but it really bothers me.

Not at all. It is your creepy approaching that is completely NT.

salowevision wrote:
It's like why do you have to be so weird about it? Why can't you just do what I do and say something? You don't even have to be smooth and seductive. Just walk up and say one sentence... ask me one question... I'll handle the rest. But instead you just stare at me like a lobotomized donkey... It's really off-putting. Then they get offended when I don't rush over and lick their boots. It's like what do you expect?!

That's just creepy. :wink:

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 9:12 am

hurtloam wrote:
This happened to me a lot with my friend's brother. He would just stare at me. And yes, like a lobotomised donkey lol. Sometimes I'll just walk into the room and he'll stare at me. Really freaks me out.

What a guy! :mrgreen:

hurtloam wrote:
I did try and go up to him and talk to him, but quite often I would say hi, then say hi to whoever we were with and he'd either just stare at me way too long and say something conversational to whoever we were with or he'd just walk away. I had to call him back once because I had actually come over to ask him for some info. Weirdly he was ok talking once I called him back.

Of course. You broke the rules. :lol:

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 9:15 am

salowevision wrote:
I don't wanna describe myself too much but I really grew out of my awkward appearance into my early twenties. They say I'm quite fetching... and yea; people have no idea I'm on the spectrum so of course they're gonna treat me like an NT. I just think it's weird. This is probably my Aspergers talking and it probably doesn't bother most people but when someone I don't know just stares at me from across the room it makes me want to jump out of my skin.

It's all fine that you adapted to the NT world, but do you really want to have an NT girl for a relationship? Because that is what you are heading towards with your reasoning.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 9:18 am

Rdos. He asked someone else out quite quickly after this. He didn't do the freaking staring thing for months with her. I left. Literally changed job. Then he started going out with someone else.

I think she broke your rules more than I did with her fowardness and he went out with her.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 9:29 am

hurtloam wrote:
I think she broke your rules more than I did with her fowardness and he went out with her.

Ahh, but that rule only applies to guys, not girls. Girls can be a lot more forward than NT girls typically are and still not break the rules.

What I meant was that you broke the rules by not staring back at him, but instead tried to start a conversation.

My guess is that this guy was like most NDs and thought he needed to ask girls out and all of that, but with you, he probably was natural. IOW, he wasn't natural when he asked that other girl out. He played the NT dating script. Alternatively, there was some ND exchange before that happened that you missed. :wink:

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 9:44 am

rdos wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Ahh, but that rule only applies to guys, not girls. Girls can be a lot more forward than NT girls typically are and still not break the rules.

What I meant was that you broke the rules by not staring back at him, but instead tried to start a conversation.

My guess is that this guy was like most NDs and thought he needed to ask girls out and all of that, but with you, he probably was natural. IOW, he wasn't natural when he asked that other girl out. He played the NT dating script. Alternatively, there was some ND exchange before that happened that you missed. :wink:

Interesting theory.
I started back quite often. But I got sick of this going on for months and months. I felt like he was just messing me around.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2017, 4:12 pm

FunkyPunky wrote:

LOL! -"Landru, guide us"! !