Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 4:49 pm

Admittedly I might have seen one or two of her videos before, ie. it looks like I nicked the corner of her review of The Red Pill prior to seeing more of her videos today, but seeing more of her stuff I like her observations.

She makes some good points here - mainly for people who are looking for family. I think the moral of the story she's telling - certain kinds of behavior just aren't congruent to family life and being a spouse or parent. If you're absolutely fashion and material competition obsessed odds are, with the sacrifices children take, you're not cut out for being a mom or dad and trading the Porsche in for an SUV or trading your wardrobe in to dress more like an English professor. If you're social-media obsessed, your priorities won't be in the right place either and you'll either be the really gross parent who uploads 10 pictures of your kids a day, or you won't be spending much time with your kids at all (or they'll barely be able to learn a thing from you aside from what you uploaded or liked today - which is a pretty depressing reflection). Similarly if you're practicing a politics that doesn't treat marriage as valuable there's every reason to practice your options in such a way that your husband or wife won't have much reason to think of the 'marriage' as much more than a long-term relationship with some fashionable rings.

She said something in the second video here about all her personal belongings getting wiped out in Katrina so if it sounds like she's got some thug-life in her dictation it's probably just as much a regionalism. Either way I think she's awesome - and pretty damn woke. I'm sure plenty here will both agree and disagree.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin