Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Shreds
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Mar 2009, 9:04 pm

Sos, I am an aspie. I have not really gotten used to calling myself that quite yet. As I have had a miserable life trying to be normal. IT DIDN"T QUIte work out very well! as I am sure you would know.

Now, I am pretty good looking as people tellme, tall phsically fit.. I get looks from women from time to time... I also play guitar well... Music is my "aspie obsession' So I think thats kinda what women like.

Problem is I don't know how to socialize.. No.. two gf's i had were only because they were my sisters friends. and they were extremely persistant aggressive with me.. and thats only way it works..

So now what? I nearly ruined my sisters friendships by doing this.. I don't want to rely on waiting for some opportunity like that.. besides I never end up being with a girl I really like this way...

I also can't pick up ques.. or they only occur after the fact.. after thinking about it for awhile. I don't know.. maybe I just avoid it so I don't get so nervous...

Is there a book or something?

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2009, 9:13 pm

there's something about being a musician. They probably think you're 'deep' and 'mysterious'. Or at least that's what I used to tell myself...;)

maybe expand your horizons, play in a band, etc.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2009, 9:16 pm

you could just go for the quick f**k.
failing that, i still have no idea.

zeichner
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Mar 2009, 1:11 am

Shreds wrote:
...Is there a book or something?

You'll probably have to piece together the necessary information from a number of sources - see the Books section of this website.

I'm currently reading The Unwritten Rules of Social Relationships, by Temple Grandin & Sean Barron, which looks promising as a way to break things down into specific concepts.

This appears to be a significant hurdle for the majority of us on the Spectrum. Personally, I had girlfriends in high school and college - but not since then, because I have no idea how to "date."

By the way - welcome to WP!

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2009, 10:00 am

zeichner wrote:
I'm currently reading The Unwritten Rules of Social Relationships, by Temple Grandin & Sean Barron, which looks promising as a way to break things down into specific concepts.

I checked out the website; this book is amazing! Thanks for the link. I'm going to buy the book next time I can get to a bookstore.