Possibly mutual: Plan of action?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 1:02 am

I'm a 16 year old male and right now may have a thing going on with a girl at my school.

I have a crush on her but I've been too shy to really show my feelings.

I think she might feel the same but also be too shy.

I'm not sure.

This is everything so far:

Last Tuesday: Began sitting next to me in class, both started working together.

Thursday: She walked with me to class, we talked, etc.

Tuesday (today in Australia):

We both smiled at one another when I got to class at the door. Sat next to each other, she was particularly chatty with me about things.

It looked like she was trying to hint to me to reveal my facebook account, she kept mentioning repeatedly she needed someone to message whenever she fell behind (she missed yesterday's class).

At the lunch break, we passed one another, both with friends, it looked like she was looking at me.

Now, I know what you're saying.

It DOES NOT seem like she likes me.

But, here's the thing:

1. I KNOW what it is like when somebody has feelings for you. I know what flirting is and I know how they act. I am WELL AWARE she only seems to think of me as a friend. She HAS NOT flirted or shown any sign that she has a crush on me. But...

2. I have NIETHER. It's possible we are both too shy. So I am asking this to find a way to 'test the waters' without making her uncomfortable.

3. We both never use to give each other this much attention or interaction.

You never know really, she could feel exactly how I feel right now...I am trying to figure out if she feels the same or only sees me as a friend.

So yeah.

I was planning to find a way to make HER find ME on facebook, instead of me just finding her. A friend has just suggested to just be honest with her because I don't really care that much if she rejects me.

I don't know...anyone help me out?

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 1:05 am

Shoud I just take the risk and friend request her right now myself?

My logic has always been 'if they have feelings for you, they wouldn't say no and would not ignore it but immediately say yes' and possibly even message you immediately after.

Hoggy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Jul 2015, 5:53 pm

Yeah just send a friend request. I wouldn't bother waiting for her to add you. Shes not gonna ignore it though, you've been chatting and getting to know each other.it's not just a random add anybody would accept it if they like you or not.
It doesn't matter how long she takes to accept it, It doesn't mean she likes you if she accepts it straight away. If i get a friend request in 10 seconds time i can accept it straight away i dont spend hours thinking over it, and if she takes hours to respond dont read into it- she might not have seen it.

Your looking for a way to not make her uncomfortable and not to just come straight out with it- so get her added on Facebook. Your correct she might message you. You should message her yourself, talk about stuff, you know what your convos have been about. See how that goes first.

But yeah if you honestly dont care go for your friends advice just dont be creepy.

Your spot on about people being shy she could be the same.

G' luck with what you do man :D just make sure you do something and not nothing.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 6:05 pm

I would just continue to talk to her like you've been doing.

Ask her if you could exchange email addresses.

I don't know much about Facebook etiquette. Ask her, in person, whether she would mind it if you send a friend request. I wouldn't do it on my own.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 12:40 am

Update: Friend request sent, accepted.

Have begun hanging out at the same area as her at lunch. Haven't interacted with her too much but at least I'm visible.

Even joined in on sports (she and her friends were playing handball and I was as well, gives me an icebreaker conversation for facebook or for tomorrow in class).

Some interaction, etc.

However it is becoming more apparent that no she probably doesn't feel that way unfortunately.

Doesn't mean my chances aren't completely hopeless.

I'll still get to know her better and all. Might at least make a new friend out of this.