Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 2:53 am

Can somebody give me a re-review on how to find dates and get girlfriend please?

I'll start by talking about myself. I am 24 I don't have a job yet (even though I'm working on it very soon) and I don't drive either (but maybe I will someday).

I still have my eyes set on living on my own someday. Right now, I really have a situation to clean up before I am even considered "dateable". Would I be correct?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 4:45 am

Yes, correct.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Apr 2016, 6:11 pm

You might be dateable to a girl who's disabled. I cant drive & am on Social Security Disability. I met my current girlfriend here on WP & I moved across the country to be with her. She's on SSI, also cant drive & has a Section 8 housing voucher & food-stamps. She cant handle living alone thou cuz of anxiety & depression. I've been through those issues before & can relate & sympathize somewhat & try my very best to be supportive.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 7:06 pm

I'll try and work harder on myself as best as I can. It's not that I'm not turned off by some girls because of disabilities themselves, but if the disability causes moderate or severe cognitive anormality, then it's a big turn off. I want a woman that can articulate very well and who looks at least semi-attractive. I can't throw away these standards though.

Do girls with disabilities that don't cause the turn-offs I talked about, do they even exist? How common are they?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Apr 2016, 7:53 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
I'll try and work harder on myself as best as I can. It's not that I'm not turned off by some girls because of disabilities themselves, but if the disability causes moderate or severe cognitive anormality, then it's a big turn off. I want a woman that can articulate very well and who looks at least semi-attractive. I can't throw away these standards though.

Do girls with disabilities that don't cause the turn-offs I talked about, do they even exist? How common are they?
My girlfriend is pretty articulate & I think she's pretty attractive thou she doesn't consider herself that attractive & I can understand why she thinks that. I'm sure there's plenty disableds out there who meet your requirements but they might be hard to find offline.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Dayloco
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Apr 2016, 8:55 pm

How to find dates? In this day and age your best bet would be to go online dating sites and find people in your area. Facebook can help you find potential dates. Or you can try the good ol' "going to your local club and picking up a chick there". There are endless ways to find, just use your imagination. Either way I wish you good luck friend.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 4:17 am

nick007 wrote:
K_Kelly wrote:

My girlfriend is pretty articulate & I think she's pretty attractive thou she doesn't consider herself that attractive & I can understand why she thinks that. I'm sure there's plenty disableds out there who meet your requirements but they might be hard to find offline.

Oh yeah, one other thing that bothers me a little is a woman unconfident with her body and other things.

And a lot of people I see who don't drive or any stereotypical success thing aren't very high-functioning in a sense that they have clear speech and everything.