What did you do today to look less autistic?

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 6:03 pm

I tried really hard to find the right level of annoyance to convey to customer service people, but it only lasted until they acted indifferent and started making excuses. Even then, I only let a little of my inner freakout leak through, I think.

I went and got some food, and I feel better, even though I kind of had to force myself to eat enough. I think I came across as reasonably normal when I was buying the food, even though I still had waves of irritation crashing against my face.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 6:17 pm

Interesting question.

Basically just: did not automatically "run and hide" when coworkers start to converse with me. Try to keep bonding with individuals who seem to wanna bond with me. It was kinda an interesting emotionally upbeat work day. Hard to explain.

LaetiBlabla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2017, 1:11 pm

I don't ask questions spontaneously, and it is also hard to know if it appropriate or not too personal.

Today I asked a question to my colleague (Where do you go on holiday?). She was quite happy to tell me and we had a small chat. :)

LaetiBlabla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Mar 2017, 12:28 pm

Today I answered an email pending for some time (because I did not know what to respond). And it looks weird and bad when you do not respond to a kind email.

I also got rid of my earphones (which i'm used to wear the whole day long to cut myself).

Also, I forced myself to start three small chats. I think I did not say anything too weird.

Last edited by LaetiBlabla on 22 Mar 2017, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

komamanga
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Mar 2017, 2:06 pm

Today I was all day home but yesterday I was able to buy a train ticket in the station and I could look natural, give the proper answers keeping my voice audible and without stuttering and keep a short eye contact. Afterwards I felt so proud of myself but spent the rest of the day super tired.
(Plus when I told my bf how it happened and what I said to him when I get back home, he told me I sound like a native speaker and my speech is perfect which made me super happy.)

Percentile score = 5
---
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 189 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 15 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

LaetiBlabla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Yesterday, 1:06 pm

When I am interacting with people, I often screw my hands and feel uncomfortable with my body, stutter or can't make a complete sentence . Today I have paid attention to show less signs of stress. I could relax a little, stop screwing my hands and control my speech better than usual :)