Page 4 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jan 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,095
Location: The Vile Belt

12 Oct 2017, 11:11 am

Summer_Twilight, are you saying shame on the people who treated me poorly this year?

Is it difficult being an MLP: Friendship is Magic fan in the Bible Belt? For some reason, Bible Belters like mindless entertainment like South Park and Family Guy but anything involving a true plot and good animation gets the "Nerd Alert!" or "That's gay!" reaction. I suppose it's a reflection of how anti-intellectual the Bible Belt can be.

I definitely don't think there's anything "wrong" with me. I just feel lost in the world and the pencil that I try to write my story with has a broken tip.



Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,488

12 Oct 2017, 12:14 pm

Marknis wrote:
Summer_Twilight, are you saying shame on the people who treated me poorly this year?

Is it difficult being an MLP: Friendship is Magic fan in the Bible Belt? For some reason, Bible Belters like mindless entertainment like South Park and Family Guy but anything involving a true plot and good animation gets the "Nerd Alert!" or "That's gay!" reaction. I suppose it's a reflection of how anti-intellectual the Bible Belt can be.

I definitely don't think there's anything "wrong" with me. I just feel lost in the world and the pencil that I try to write my story with has a broken tip.


What I have done is gone on Facebook and looked up some brony meet-up groups where I have found people who I can relate to. As for being a "Nerd" a lot of convention goers go through what you are talking about as well.

Yes, I am saying "Shame on them" for treating you like that.



Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jan 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,095
Location: The Vile Belt

12 Oct 2017, 1:58 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Summer_Twilight, are you saying shame on the people who treated me poorly this year?

Is it difficult being an MLP: Friendship is Magic fan in the Bible Belt? For some reason, Bible Belters like mindless entertainment like South Park and Family Guy but anything involving a true plot and good animation gets the "Nerd Alert!" or "That's gay!" reaction. I suppose it's a reflection of how anti-intellectual the Bible Belt can be.

I definitely don't think there's anything "wrong" with me. I just feel lost in the world and the pencil that I try to write my story with has a broken tip.


What I have done is gone on Facebook and looked up some brony meet-up groups where I have found people who I can relate to. As for being a "Nerd" a lot of convention goers go through what you are talking about as well.

Yes, I am saying "Shame on them" for treating you like that.


I actually feared being considered a "nerd" for a long time despite how I wasn't a jock either. I always got the message that being a "nerd" was something you didn't want to be considered and would even make fun of other people who got that label. I wish I didn't now because I probably could've made some friendships and maybe even a girlfriend, especially since the "cool kids" and jocks didn't have my best interests at all. That's why I really despise this culture I am stuck in.

Thank you. A lot of people I know would mock me for my suffering.



Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,488

12 Oct 2017, 3:16 pm

Marknis wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Summer_Twilight, are you saying shame on the people who treated me poorly this year?

Is it difficult being an MLP: Friendship is Magic fan in the Bible Belt? For some reason, Bible Belters like mindless entertainment like South Park and Family Guy but anything involving a true plot and good animation gets the "Nerd Alert!" or "That's gay!" reaction. I suppose it's a reflection of how anti-intellectual the Bible Belt can be.

I definitely don't think there's anything "wrong" with me. I just feel lost in the world and the pencil that I try to write my story with has a broken tip.


What I have done is gone on Facebook and looked up some brony meet-up groups where I have found people who I can relate to. As for being a "Nerd" a lot of convention goers go through what you are talking about as well.

Yes, I am saying "Shame on them" for treating you like that.


I actually feared being considered a "nerd" for a long time despite how I wasn't a jock either. I always got the message that being a "nerd" was something you didn't want to be considered and would even make fun of other people who got that label. I wish I didn't now because I probably could've made some friendships and maybe even a girlfriend, especially since the "cool kids" and jocks didn't have my best interests at all. That's why I really despise this culture I am stuck in.

Thank you. A lot of people I know would mock me for my suffering.


Because
A. They don't understand
B. Their insults are just reflections of themselves because you probably have something that they don't have or rather, they are comparing themselves to you.

Actually, you're the real "Cool" kid because you aren't drinking and doing those other things so that makes you that way. I think you are because you have an interest in anime and other nerdy things. They are the real "Losers" because they are choosing to drink and do all these things that will get you nowhere.



shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 4 Mar 2017
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,612

12 Oct 2017, 8:30 pm

another reason why i ain't got no precious lil "friends", is that precious lil "people" act so morally innocent. they act like they have never done anything wrong before. especially when they tell me that i did something wrong or bad.

they act like i ought to treat them like they dragged my worthless corpse out of a burning building.

talking takes so. much. energy.

oftentimes they miss the point. then they ask questions for the sake of asking questions, as if they are doing me a personal favor by asking questions. :roll:

it takes so much effort to explain the slightest thing. phrase. articulate. verbalize. and there are so many methods of misunderstanding. and if they understand correctly, then what? :mrgreen: whooptie do :mrgreen:



Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,488

13 Oct 2017, 7:23 am

shortfatuglybaldman,

Those same people who act "Innocent" often seem to get incredibly defensive by putting up a wall and pointing their finger you.

It's
"You are so disrespectful and you do this and you do that. You're so selfish, how dare you do this to me?"

Believe me, I have seen that so many times with people who say they are our "Friends."



shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 4 Mar 2017
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,612

13 Oct 2017, 7:56 am

Summer twilight

Exactly. You can't measure respect.

When I do something they do not like, they say it is "disrespectful" or "rude". And the word "disrespectful" is like a Trump card :cry:

Almost everyone that I have ever interacted with is so judgmental. If they like something you said or allegedly did they say "cool" or "awesome"

If they do not like what you said or did they say "why?". As if there is a correct answer, but your answer is not correct. Wrong. There is no correct answer. (According to them)

Then when you say something that they think is bad, that they did not cause they say """that sucks" or "I'm sorry to hear that"........

In life you take the good along with the bad. :roll:

Not everything is going to be "cool" according to your

You do have rights and emotions

But you do not have the right to :lol: get, do, and become :heart: whatever you want whenever you want

Double standards

Some extroverts are so emotional. Theatrical. Dramatic

Personally sometimes I feel so emotional, but I do not act like I have a moral right to be happy at all times. Unlike entitled lil extroverts



Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,488

13 Oct 2017, 11:33 am

shortfatbalduglyman,

Tell me about double standards with these people as it is so hypocritical. :lol:
I have had people get upset with me for "Gossiping" or "Badmouthing" them because they
"Why didn't you tell me that you were hurt?"

Yet, these people are the very people that complain about you behind yours and don't say a word.



Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jan 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,095
Location: The Vile Belt

13 Oct 2017, 6:22 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Summer_Twilight, are you saying shame on the people who treated me poorly this year?

Is it difficult being an MLP: Friendship is Magic fan in the Bible Belt? For some reason, Bible Belters like mindless entertainment like South Park and Family Guy but anything involving a true plot and good animation gets the "Nerd Alert!" or "That's gay!" reaction. I suppose it's a reflection of how anti-intellectual the Bible Belt can be.

I definitely don't think there's anything "wrong" with me. I just feel lost in the world and the pencil that I try to write my story with has a broken tip.


What I have done is gone on Facebook and looked up some brony meet-up groups where I have found people who I can relate to. As for being a "Nerd" a lot of convention goers go through what you are talking about as well.

Yes, I am saying "Shame on them" for treating you like that.


I actually feared being considered a "nerd" for a long time despite how I wasn't a jock either. I always got the message that being a "nerd" was something you didn't want to be considered and would even make fun of other people who got that label. I wish I didn't now because I probably could've made some friendships and maybe even a girlfriend, especially since the "cool kids" and jocks didn't have my best interests at all. That's why I really despise this culture I am stuck in.

Thank you. A lot of people I know would mock me for my suffering.


Because
A. They don't understand
B. Their insults are just reflections of themselves because you probably have something that they don't have or rather, they are comparing themselves to you.

Actually, you're the real "Cool" kid because you aren't drinking and doing those other things so that makes you that way. I think you are because you have an interest in anime and other nerdy things. They are the real "Losers" because they are choosing to drink and do all these things that will get you nowhere.


If you wonder why I said MLP fan instead of brony is because I've seen that term used negatively so I wasn't sure if it was ok to say it. Is it just in the context of how it's said?

After I got out of high school and expanded my mind, I started to realize how insecure the jocks and jerks really were. Despite claiming to be "tough guys", they got bent out of shape very easily. It's their own fault, though. They allowed stupid ideals to eat themselves up inside.

Thanks again. I think you are cool, too. :D I just wonder what I need to do with myself. I want to live a life that is in line with my values instead of working myself to death like my parents do.

While I do want friends, I honestly want a girlfriend more. But I guess I would need a friend first. I just haven't been able to establish a friendship with a nerdy or geeky girl.



green0star
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2016
Gender: Female
Posts: 755
Location: blah

17 Oct 2017, 9:06 am

No offense but I'm not really sure what kinda christians you're in contact with that watch south park and family guy. Surely they're not the conservative christians of the "bible belt" considering how my conversative christian parents won't even touch any of that stuff with a 10 foot pole.



HughDYork
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 196

17 Oct 2017, 9:12 am

Marknis wrote:
I have come to accept I am not meant to have friends. Even as a child, I was rejected by others when I tried to reach out. The few friendships I had in my developmental years were pure luck and they didn't last because the families of those friends moved away. Since then, I've mostly had acquaintances, the few friendships I made in my support group fall apart with the passing years, and the only friend I made with my own ability turned out to not really be a friend but an exploiter. I've tried to break out of my social rut in various ways this year but I either get rejected or have dead ends come up.

I just need to accept I am not meant to have friends and either live in isolation (I already am since I don't fit in with the culture around me) until I exit or just get it over with and blow my brains out of my skull.

Friends are our future enemies. So f**k them. I suggest you to not have friends. In fact friendship is sucks.



shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 4 Mar 2017
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,612

17 Oct 2017, 1:24 pm

Hugh

You have a point, but maybe a little too extreme....

Especially for me (as AS), almost all friendships end sooner or later. And once they have ended the ex friend now had all sorts of figurative ammunition to successfully use against me

Friendships have advantages and disadvantages

My mom told my dad that she has friends. He asked who. She answered. He said that those were coworkers, not "friends". Per se.

He then said what if you do not have friends, then what?

Then you do not have friends

So what?

Big deal

Stigma socially

Loner

Reject

Misunderstood

.......

So. I ain't got no precious lil "friends" right now

And, unless someone has a lot to offer positively, doubt I will seek more friends....

And besides, sometimes something that looks too good to be true, is too good to be true

Thus I am paranoid, suspicious and afraid. Greed. Want. Desire

Fear usually overpowers greed, now that 34



After all, when a former friend dumps you, the worst case scenario is, :cry: subject to imagination :roll:

And the best case scenario is, :mrgreen: that bothered parties go holding hands skipping off into the sunset :skull:

Cost benefit analysis

Friendships, appear, (to me) not worth the energy

But whatever



Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jan 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,095
Location: The Vile Belt

17 Oct 2017, 4:15 pm

green0star wrote:
No offense but I'm not really sure what kinda christians you're in contact with that watch south park and family guy. Surely they're not the conservative christians of the "bible belt" considering how my conversative christian parents won't even touch any of that stuff with a 10 foot pole.


Truth is stranger than fiction. My older brother considers himself a true blue conservative and a Christian but loves South Park, Family Guy, Trailer Park Boys, Squidbillies, and The Boondocks. The thing about The Boondocks, though, is that he likes it for the wrong reasons. He loves the character Uncle Ruckus and quotes him constantly but Uncle Ruckus is supposed to be stupid and he's meant to be laughed at for his stupidity, not to be seen as the focal point of the series.

I went to a bible study and most of the guys in it loved the show Lost which is hardly a Christian program. South Park was also popular at the private school I went to (Probably due to reverse psychology from parents telling the kids it was a bad show) and Family Guy was heavily watched by the high schoolers at the public school I went to despite how a majority of them called themselves Christians.

In my experience, most Bible Belters call themselves Christian despite their interests so they feel like God will keep forgiving them of their sins and they will get an easy pass into Heaven. That really cheapens the religious environment for me here. Christianity is supposed to transform you but instead people just carry it around like a membership card. This is partly why I developed an allergic reaction to mainstream Christian denominations.



HughDYork
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 27 May 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 196

18 Oct 2017, 6:20 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Hugh

You have a point, but maybe a little too extreme....



.......

:D
"
I had no brother, I am like my brother."

Richard III + Screamers



Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,488

18 Oct 2017, 8:14 am

Honestly, I have been losing friends since 2014 and it hurts because I feel that a couple of them stabbed me in the back.

One of them is a guy who also has Asperger's used to get ignored all the time, rejected and had people refuse to come to his parties etc. Then he moved up to another part of my city which is almost an hour away by driving and since
1. He's got a career where he's making money
2. He's got a girlfriend and has been blowing off all his friends including myself
3. Making plans with us but runs them over by making them with his girlfriend
4. Ignoring our texts, emails phone calls
5. Never has time for my other friends and I

The second one is a woman who also has autism 33-year-old who lives with her mom who is coddling and keeping her down. She has been seeming to distance herself from me while leading me around on Facebook while not ever having time for me. She:
1. She never has time to do anything with me and makes excuses
2. She has been picking on me

However, I have to wonder of these two are even worth having as friends because
1. When my guy friend was single, he kept hinting that he wanted to me for sex along with making lots of dirty and inappropriate jokes. Finally, he would talk down to my by calling me "Sweetie" like I was a little kid.
2. The female started picking on my everytime we were together and would do things like call me up out of the blue and say things that were nasty.