Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

walk-in-the-rain
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 10:13 pm

Aeturnus wrote:
Well, I saw a therapist about five years ago, and she prescribed Carbamazepine. Strangely enough, it's supposed to be an anti-epileptic, but it can also be used as a mood stabilizer. -

I think internalizing alot of things does in effect cause some other stuff like OCD issues and depression.

A doctor I saw a few years ago also prescribed an anti-seizure medication - but in my case I thought it was more for sensory overloads. I didn't stick with it though because I was already on an anti-depressant and anti-anxiety med so I didn't like taking three meds (and it was sleepy time with the seizure med). Learning how to deal with the sensory stuff - at least learning what the triggers are - helped diminish the outbursts. And now I try to take a break or stop whatever I'm doing before I start getting all tense and flustered. Doesn't work all the time, especially with the auditory overloads - that is very hard to have any control over out in public. But - recognizing how much in my case was sensory related really changed things.