Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Daryl_Blonder
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Dec 2010, 9:50 pm

You can be very, very happy alone and without friends, if you learn to love yourself and who you are.

Maybe the reason you can't make friends isn't because you don't understand other people, but because they don't understand you.

Maybe they're the one with the problem, not you.

You don't necessarily need friends, and you definitely don't need someone who can only bring you down.

Don't let any NT tell you otherwise!

:D

InterLunar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Dec 2010, 1:25 am

Daryl_Blonder wrote:

Everyone has problems, believe me. :twisted:
I think for a lot of people it's transitioning into the mindset you have. The whole "I can be my own best friend" concept. I still have trouble sometimes, having lost my only and best friend because of a religion change, pregnancy, and realisation of sociopath-type symptoms (all on her part). It takes a while, getting used to being alone.

I make up for it by writing, taking photographs, and learning new things every day. :sunny:

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 1:43 am

not a best kept secret anymore :D

Musicprophets
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Dec 2010, 1:47 am

well the good friends are those who want and like to understand you. nts are primarily extroverted social butterflies and they believe their rules are supreme and correct above all others. and who the hell wants friends that make you feel terrible and just create that popular syndrome of drama in your life. some people are just toxic as*holes, and unfortunately some will never know it at any point in their lives. being alone is hugely underrated.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 2:32 am

let's just say that like many other things in life, it has its advantages and disadvantages.

Idiotchief
Toucan
Toucan

28 Dec 2010, 2:41 am

Way to let the cat out of the container Daryl

bobbysands
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2010, 12:04 pm

Daryl_Blonder wrote:
You can be very, very happy alone and without friends, if you learn to love yourself and who you are.

Maybe the reason you can't make friends isn't because you don't understand other people, but because they don't understand you.

You don't necessarily need friends, and you definitely don't need someone who can only bring you down.

Don't let any NT tell you otherwise!

Well said Daryl. I fully agree 100%.

This is Life's Best Kept Secret.

Vin2
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Dec 2010, 6:16 pm

I used to think about this, but I've been to a hospital recently, and I realized how sad it would be to die alone. :(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 12:39 am

Vin2 wrote:
I used to think about this, but I've been to a hospital recently, and I realized how sad it would be to die alone. :(

visiting with my late father in the hospital wing above a veteran's nursing home, i couldn't help but notice how forlorn the lions' share of the vets were, just sitting there propped upright in their wheelchairs- unwanted, unappreciated and largely unvisited, just waiting to die. given a choice between that protracted ignominy, and getting blown off a high bridge or run over by a speeding bus, i'd choose one of the latter choices.