Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

mind_my_palace
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Feb 2018, 2:26 pm

I have been trying to put my finger on what it is that make people withdraw from me - well, after a while anyway; not just in real life but online also. I am sort of clueless. My best guess is that I might become somewhat over-engineered in my conversation and hence a little bit "creepy". "Trying too hard", perhaps. Any advice?

super boy 44
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Feb 2018, 2:57 pm

mind_my_palace wrote:
I have been trying to put my finger on what it is that make people withdraw from me - well, after a while anyway; not just in real life but online also. I am sort of clueless. My best guess is that I might become somewhat over-engineered in my conversation and hence a little bit "creepy". "Trying too hard", perhaps. Any advice?

I feel like that as well. It's annoying. Maybe that's why my online friend of 6 months stopped talking to me? I don't know. I think to myself, Am I really that boring or weird?

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 3:39 pm

It's hard to say. Friendships can be very hard to keep up online due to only having text for the most part. I know some of my online friends graduated college, started jobs, and became very focused on that plus real-life relationships, so we rarely get to talk anymore.

andyfzr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Feb 2018, 6:50 pm

I have the same problem, I have even lost friends on here for no apparent reason I've just never heard from them again. Its a tough one and I wish I had an answer for you but I can't even work it our for myself. I just try not to dwell on it too much assuming there's been no bad words spoken.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2018, 5:24 pm

I have that problem as well. I wish there was someway to change that. It's pretty hard to practice and work on it if you have no one to talk to. I can't seem to make and keep friends whatsoever and I don't even know what would be needed to help with the problem.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

Stigr
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Feb 2018, 4:09 pm

I have the same problem. I think it's because it gets boring talking to someone only through text messages. Maybe if we talked through voice calls on Skype it would be more interesting. But none of my online friends have ever accepted to talk through voice calls with me.

andyfzr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Feb 2018, 6:43 pm

I struggle to keep online friends too, I never know what to say after a few messages and just end up not speaking to people again. I always think I've upset them in some way if I don't here back from them. I just can't initiate conversations so I rarely talk to people if they talk to me first. Sad I know but I don't understand people at all and I don't really understand what goes on in my own head let alone others. I find it really debilitating and it really holds me back in life cos I do want to connect with people but I just come off looking like I'm not interested.