Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

RandomObject
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jan 2014, 7:59 pm

I'm in New Orleans and I don't have many people to talk to. There are no aspie social groups here and I can't even find a social anxiety group. I suck at making friends and talking to people that I don't know in general. I'm 19 and male. Hopefully someone will talk to me.

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 9:14 pm

I'm in Louisiana as well. :)

RandomObject
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jan 2014, 9:53 pm

Yay! I found one! What city are you from?

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 10:46 pm

Born and raised ;). I'm from the north shore originally. I just moved out of the state within the past year though.

RandomObject
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jan 2014, 10:56 pm

What state did you move to?

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 5:53 pm

Pennsylvania...long ways away!

If you like to volunteer, I'd recommend checking out the New Orleans Habitat for Humanity chapter. I worked with them a few times...it's one of the larger chapters out there and you will meet lots of really great people. You can rest easy knowing you're helping people too. Who knows, you may even see Pitt/Jolie lol.

There's hiking/running clubs both in New Orleans and on the north shore if you're interested in either. Even if you aren't interested in those things, you could always give it a shot...who knows, you may like it!

Mandeville may be your best bet for therapy/groups. The city is so wealthy that they spend a lot more on things like that.

EchoNOLA
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2014, 5:43 pm

Being from Mandeville (now living in Seattle, WA)... I have to agree and disagree with the above. They can also be pretty unaccepting and intolerant of people who don't fit the "Mandeville Mold".

That being said, perhaps try volunteering to meet people? Lots of great causes in and around New Orleans.