Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2007, 11:11 pm

All my 15 years on this planet, I've been a loner. I play video games all day, and now thanks to that, I don't get outside! I haven't been to school since last year! I don't know when I'm going back, but it better be soon. I never go out anywhere by myself, as I'm afraid of people. I go places with my mum, but because of my short temper, I always embarass her. Is there something I can do? I mean, where can I go to meet people? I need friends as I'm sick of playing video games all day and sitting in front of the computer. Oh, and I need the fresh air...

BeautyWithin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2007, 12:54 am

I see nothing wrong with you meeting up with other gamers. It's easier to be friends with someone who has similar interests... that way you have something to talk.

But, since you want to get out of the house and get some fresh air.... Maybe you could try some easy walking trails? If you have a camera- take pictures of whatever catches your interest.
Maybe you could find a walking or jogging club. You'd not only get fresh air, but you'd get fit too.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 12:58 am

Good idea. If I found some gamers, then I can have someone to play against in games!

janwr
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Feb 2007, 2:49 am

my husband got into video games when he was abot your age...he has AS. he had your same problem. he took up fishing. its very methodical...our 8 1/2 yr old daughter, also AS, loves it too.

if you can find a place it can be a very relaxing sport. you can start alone and then try a place where there are a few people.

just a suggestion

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 3:01 am

Try to get a job at a game store.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 3:45 am

TruenoBlues wrote:
Try to get a job at a game store.

There's no game stores here.

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 3:47 am

OK, then what else do you like? Then find a store close to you that's hiring.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 3:58 am

Mum said I can't get a job until I'm 16 for some reason. :?

TruenoBlues: I don't like anything else other than video games. Stupid AS!

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 4:08 am

No job 'til 16: labor laws, maybe?

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 4:13 am

Mum wants me to do this thing where someone goes to the workplace with me, but to sign up for it, I have to be 16. And she said if I find something I like doing at school and with Open Access, I can't get a job.

tolga7t
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Feb 2007, 9:23 am

how about babysitting then? You dont have to be 16 for that. Or selling drugs :D

Dr_Strangelove
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Feb 2007, 10:42 am

RedMage wrote:
All my 15 years on this planet, I've been a loner. I play video games all day, and now thanks to that, I don't get outside! I haven't been to school since last year! I don't know when I'm going back, but it better be soon. I never go out anywhere by myself, as I'm afraid of people. I go places with my mum, but because of my short temper, I always embarass her. Is there something I can do? I mean, where can I go to meet people? I need friends as I'm sick of playing video games all day and sitting in front of the computer. Oh, and I need the fresh air...

I am a little jealous of you. I am 46 and I only discovered that I have AS a couple of years ago. I spent decades trying to fit in and act like a human and it all ended in tears. I have been doing things because that is what humans are supposed to do ( like going to parties, trying to make friends with the humans, etc. ).

Now, since I realize I will never fit in with the humans I am much happier ( still dead inside, but at least not miserable ). They are not really interested in what I have to say because I talk differently then they do. Instead of trying to please them, I concentrate on what pleases me.

And you know what? I think I might have made friends with one of the humans by accident. I just kept my mouth shut and listened to him. Now, he keeps coming over to me to share things about himself. It is cool, since he is a sich[sp] from India.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 5:36 pm

Sikh

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 5:36 pm

Sikh

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 5:55 pm

I honestly can't wait until I go back to school...

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2007, 8:52 pm

You could give online gaming a try, I suppose. You'd still be inside but you'd be communicating with real people while doing what you enjoy. There are lots of free online games out there.