Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

cthulhuhead
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Apr 2016, 1:00 pm

Is it weird to only have one consistent non-digital friend of the same gender, and for all other non-digital friends to be of the opposite gender? I have been friends with my Best Friend for over 10 years, and he is the same gender, but all of my other friends ever have been of the of the opposite gender, and none of them have ever been romantically involved with me. I generally get along better with the opposite gender, because it is more socially acceptable to be obsessively friendly with a female then a male.

I am wondering if anyone thinks this is strange. Just out of curiosity. I want to know if this is weird or not.

"NO."
-Weiss Schnee, Summing up her character.

"Instead of sweetheart, you can call me SIR."
-Yang Xaio Long, being a total BA.

-Discreetly hides book entitled "Ninjas of Love"...
Blake Belladona doesn't talk about that scene.

"Seeing new weapons is like meeting new people...only better..."
-Ruby Rose. Enough said.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2016, 3:55 pm

I have always found it easier to be friends with guys. It is the rare female that I can form a real bond with. I have had female friends before, but the ones with NTs often ended badly. My friendships with male friends NEVER had a fall-out, despite disagreements. (Though I broke up with a couple of guys I dated.)

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 6:19 am

Don't feel bad, nowadays most people only have friends online :D Female friendships tend to get really foul depending on how the girls view each other. I've been very unfortunately to pick up with many that for some reason either felt inferior to me or were highly jealous of me. Of course like anything else I never picked up on this because they never said anything. But looking back on it I had many haters back in the day.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 7:47 am

I don't find it weird. I find that having more female than male friends could based upon your particular circumstances. In other words, it "just happened that way."

It's great that you've been "best friends" with that particular guy since you were 7.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 9:19 pm

When I was younger I found it worked out that way.
Though I don't have long term friends, I did find it helpful to have strong male figures in my life. My wife has always had a few long term strong female friends.

lorkaan
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Apr 2016, 9:32 am

No, it is not weird. A large number of my close friends are of the opposite gender.

ZD
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2016, 9:49 am

It's not weird.

Most of my friends when younger were female. Until we became gender aware we drifted apart but now they speak with me online now and again. Every relationship changes over time I have found.

I don't get on with men in general unless they are interested in similar things to me women I find it generally easier to get on with when I have no common interests. Just easier to talk to.