Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 11:27 am

Sometimes that happens. Of course you don't have a conversation about it. The person stops communicating with you in a personal manner. Hard to get close to anyone as it seems once they get the friends they really want....they drop you to acquaintance status.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 1:40 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
Sometimes that happens. Of course you don't have a conversation about it. The person stops communicating with you in a personal manner. Hard to get close to anyone as it seems once they get the friends they really want....they drop you to acquaintance status.

It shows you how many people are capable of being good friends or respecting you. It doesn't even have to be over choosing other platonic friends over you a significant other over you. However, it goes to show two things
1. They were not capable of being a good friend
2. They were using you to kill time until they got something much better which reminds of me outdated technology vs the latest technology or rather a piece of trash.

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jun 2018, 3:04 pm

HistoryGal wrote:

You really mean acquaintance and not the beginning of "the slow fade"? Many people like the steps friend-acquaintance-slow fade-not friends anymore. It´s a bit sad.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 3:06 pm

She was just killing time......happened to me a lot as I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 3:08 pm

Fade back to acquaintances....yup

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 3:33 pm

I have been known not to let these kinds of "Friends" get away with going from eager to see me to just plain brushing me off or being too busy to see me and in some cases, I have gotten into it while others give me the
"I'm sorry but I have this really busy schedule now."

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 3:37 pm

I have been there. I think I am building a friendship with person, then our class is down for the semester and we never speak to each other again. Once a person has gotten what they wanted from me, I never hear from them again. When I was a kid, I would make friends with a new kid, but once they got accepted by the cool kids, they didn't talk to me anymore.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 3:41 pm

Once the brush off occurs, there is no going back.....

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 3:44 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
I have been known not to let these kinds of "Friends" get away with going from eager to see me to just plain brushing me off or being too busy to see me and in some cases, I have gotten into it while others give me the
"I'm sorry but I have this really busy schedule now."

I have had people talk about wanting to get together, but when I make plans with them they say they are busy or they are broke and then I see them all over Facebook going places with other people or I run into them and their other friends somewhere. It becomes clear that our friendship is not a priority to them. I just quit wasting my time on these types of people.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 3:48 pm

We're expendable and less likely to have real friends. It's understandable that a lot of us are not interested in making the effort.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2018, 7:58 pm

HistoryGal wrote:

Why do you care if that's their lose?

Just shows you who your true friends are really

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2018, 1:25 pm

I care because I invested a lot of time in this friendship.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 2:04 pm

HistoryGal wrote:
I care because I invested a lot of time in this friendship.

I understand this is a letdown, but don't poison yourself over others' mistreatment of you.

You don't realize how much since I adopted this way of thinking my life has been improved drastically. Seriously!

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2018, 9:46 pm

Caring means I'm human.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2018, 9:53 am

HistoryGal wrote:

After half a lifetime as what I thought was best friends, this seems to be happening to me. I don't know why, but my friend has stopped answering my texts and emails. Then after days she'll send me a quick, cursory couple of lines apologising but not seeming in the least interested in me anymore or in sharing what's going on in her life. I have consoled myself with thoughts that she's got problems...but someone I know said they saw her the other day and she seemed happy. Come to think of it, whenever I would declare she was my best friend, or even one of my best friends, she never reciprocated. Now I'm feeling like an utter fool wondering why the hell I deluded myself for so long. I feel like I'm going through a divorce or a death. I have other friends, but this felt like my soul mate friend...and now I realise they never really felt the same way about me, but were just trying to spare my feelings. This really sucks. :cry:

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2018, 10:10 am

I used to overestimate people's interest. Now days, I don't even bother with close friends. I have one that pretends to be close but I can see through that. I always find out third hand what is going on in her life....other people in passing from our church.