Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

07 Feb 2008, 12:04 am

Riddick124 wrote:
Yeah, I am 14, 15 in 2 or 3 weeks, and I only have one real friend. I try to hang out with him every weekend, but I cannot always manage this, and in school he is very popular and I am not, so I would embarass him if I talked to him there.

He doesn't sound like a true friend if he is embarrassed to talk to you at school.

Darling
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Feb 2008, 5:03 am

there's nothing wrong liking to be alone =] me, i want to stay single the rest of my life but nobody believes that (strangely >_>).

but it's also good to try and 'make' some friends; just try to assure yourself that everyone is as special as you are, no matter how 'dim' you think they are. if you can't find anyone, then stay put but always be aware that there are always people out there who will appreciate who you are.

me, although i struggled a lot to try and 'fit in' (although as someone said earlier, that's not really advisable) i have found decent friends who i can sometimes put my trust in. but always be constantly aware that friends are the most likely people to make you feel put off so don't rely on them so much.

there's nothing more hurtful than someone betraying you.

orangered
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Feb 2008, 2:22 pm

Liking to be alone is not bad, but... it can get unhealthy.
Probably not at your age, you are with parents, with others in a school, but as an adult, you could get really alone.

There's nothing wrong liking to lie on a couch, but people would benefit from exercising a bit.
The same you should consider a bit of "social exercise", you may need it later.

Please do not ruin my post by asking about my exercises :wink:

GrantZilla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2008, 3:08 am

Orangered I agree.

There is nothing wrong with wanting your space and alone time. But, like everything, too much can be a bad thing.

Humans are social creatures, and by shutting yourself out and not learning social skills, your only going to hurt yourself in the future. How do you expect to function at work if you been isoloted for so long? It's not like you're living in a cabin in some far off woods by yourself.

I think part of the reason why I'm a high functioning Aspie is I forced myself to go out, even though I didn't want to, meet friends, be social, and basically as Orangered mentioned, exsersized my social skills.

I've noticed that times I have spent alone or not interacting with people, my social skills begins to dramatically drop when I do finally go out.

silentwisdom
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Feb 2008, 3:59 pm

No, of course it's not bad to prefer to be alone. I enjoy being alone most of the time, and I'm much older than you are.

Of course, like someone else mentioned, too much of it can be a bad thing. But as long as you got out and do things on a regular basis, there shouldn't be anything wrong with it. Everybody needs their space every once in a while.