Obama orders executive privilege over 'Fast and Furious'

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 11:40 am

Obama invokes executive privilege over Fast and Furious documents

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Just as the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform was about to vote Eric H. Holder Jr. in contempt of Congress for failing to comply with a subpoena for documents in the flawed Fast and Furious gun-tracking case, President Obama asserted executive privilege and backed up the attorney general’s position in refusing to turn over the material.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpwYh9TD6Nc[/youtube]

Supposedly, Obama has never seen the 'Fast and Furious' documents, yet he still envokes executive privilege over them. Bush and Cheney are proud :thumleft:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkcZ0htgJJA[/youtube]

Smug.
Obama 2012

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 12:09 pm

Any gambling people here? Who wants to guess what will happen when this goes to court? Loser fills their signature with these :doh: :doh:

chiastic_slide
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jun 2012, 1:37 pm

Whatever happened to the 'no signing statements' pledge?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX6DJzt1PWU[/youtube]

Teleprompter reading phony

Longshanks
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 4:56 pm

"My administration will be the most transparent administration in US History." - Barack Obama.

Well, folks, here it is! Transparency for all! Yeah, right. Okay, Bamster! What are you hiding now? Are you trying to emulate Nixon?

Longshanks

Supporter of the Brian Terry Foundation @ www.honorbrianterry.com. Special Agent Brian Terry (1970-2010) was murdered as a direct result of Operation Fast & Furious - which Barry O won't discuss - wonder why?

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 5:18 pm

Can't say this is surprising, however Obama made a serious tactical error, this issue now won't go away even if Holder resigns.

Longshanks
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 9:20 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Can't say this is surprising, however Obama made a serious tactical error, this issue now won't go away even if Holder resigns.

As much as I detest the guy, who happens to be related to me from his mother's side, he made the best move possible. To begin with, contempt of congress is a misdemenor, not a felony. It's punishable with a $1,000.00 and a trip to the pokie for a year. What he's doing is a repeat from Watergate (I understand that Cousin Barack is considering changing his middle name from Hussein to Nixon). He's buying himself time, because he knows that it will take at least a year of process before it ever gets decided, so that he doesn't have to worry about it until after the election. Plus, the American people will come to realize what I already knew - Cousin Barack, upon information and belief, had direct involvement in Fast and Furious. The operation posed no threat to national security whatsoever - so there is really no grounds for executive priviledge - from a law student point of view. And the courts will use the previous Watergate rulings as precedent - ironically the woman who ghost wrote the final brief was Hilary Rodham Clinton - whose husband invoked the privilage some 14 times - compared to GW Bush's 6 times. This means that Obama's privilege will be overturned. By then, I suspect the Dems will pull off a "Fawn Hall by having 78,000 pages shredded" - and then they'll say "Ooops! We goofed!"
Cousin Barack, narcissist that his is, would not expose himself this way unless he were truly involved - which it appears that he is. Even someone like Holder can be forced to talk. After all, he's not too big to fall. But the "annointed one"? Gracious me, that's a different story.
My prediction is this: If he loses, he will go down as the worst president in history - certainly the most corrupt - once all of this truly comes to light. If he wins, he still loses because he'll have to deal with both a republican majority in the house and senate and they'll have the numbers to impeach him in the house, try him in the senate, and get a conviction. After that, Michelle may just divorce him because the criminal charges will follow as his presidential protections will be stripped from for good.

Longshanks

Supporter of the Brian Terry Foundation @ www.honorbrianterry.com. Special Agent Brian Terry (1970-2010) was murdered as a direct result of Operation Fast & Furious - which Barry O won't discuss - wonder why?

Longshanks
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 9:26 pm

snapcap wrote:
Obama invokes executive privilege over Fast and Furious documents

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Just as the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform was about to vote Eric H. Holder Jr. in contempt of Congress for failing to comply with a subpoena for documents in the flawed Fast and Furious gun-tracking case, President Obama asserted executive privilege and backed up the attorney general’s position in refusing to turn over the material.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpwYh9TD6Nc[/youtube]

Supposedly, Obama has never seen the 'Fast and Furious' documents, yet he still envokes executive privilege over them. Bush and Cheney are proud :thumleft:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkcZ0htgJJA[/youtube]

Smug.
Obama 2012

I have a question concerning this post: You mention Bush and Cheney being proud. Did you, by chance, err in not mentioning Bill Clinton (Slick Willie), who invoked Executive Priviledge 14 times - more than twice the 6 times Bush II invoked it - or are you just being the typical selective liberal?

Longshanks

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 9:35 pm

And now Holder has rethought Bush knowing about the gunrunning.

Holder retracts claim Bush team knew about Fast and Furious

Quote:
In a second major retraction over its version of the the gun-walking scandal, the Justice Department has retracted Attorney General Eric Holder's charge in a hearing last week that his Bush administration predecessor had been briefed on the affair.

What else is going to slip Holder's mind. Stay tuned!

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 9:36 pm

Longshanks wrote:

I have a question concerning this post: You mention Bush and Cheney being proud. Did you, by chance, err in not mentioning Bill Clinton (Slick Willie), who invoked Executive Priviledge 14 times - more than twice the 6 times Bush II invoked it - or are you just being the typical selective liberal?

Longshanks

WOW, you raise a good point! Maybe you should make your own thread? :thumright:

Longshanks
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 9:39 pm

snapcap wrote:

Quote:
In a second major retraction over its version of the the gun-walking scandal, the Justice Department has retracted Attorney General Eric Holder's charge in a hearing last week that his Bush administration predecessor had been briefed on the affair.

This information was published in the Wall Street Journal and the Harvard and Yale Journals of Law months ago. You're only finding out now?

Longshanks

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 9:43 pm

Longshanks wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Quote:

This information was published in the Wall Street Journal and the Harvard and Yale Journals of Law months ago. You're only finding out now?

Longshanks

Why didn't you make a thread about it?

Longshanks
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 10:04 pm

snapcap wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Quote:

Longshanks

It's been common knowledge for months. Even the Air Force times had a brew-ha-ha about it. What news network have you been watching?

Longshanks

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 11:57 pm

Longshanks wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Quote:

Longshanks

It's been common knowledge for months. Even the Air Force times had a brew-ha-ha about it. What news network have you been watching?

Longshanks

The story first broke almost a year and a half ago and there have been several threads and posts about it here. With the exception of CBS' Sharyl Atkisson, the liberal media has avoided the story as much as possible. You usually had to watch fox news to see anything about it on TV, or the daily caller, the blaze, or freerepublic to find information on the internet.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 1:24 pm

Longshanks wrote:
"My administration will be the most transparent administration in US History." - Barack Obama.

Well, folks, here it is! Transparency for all! Yeah, right. Okay, Bamster! What are you hiding now? Are you trying to emulate Nixon?

Longshanks

More like your hero Reagan. Only people just assumed Reagan was an idiot and let him off the hook for the Iran-Contra fiasco. It was an honest mistake really. His heart was in the right place, fighting those evil commie bastards. :roll:

Longshanks
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 3:24 pm

marshall wrote:
Longshanks wrote:

Longshanks

More like your hero Reagan. Only people just assumed Reagan was an idiot and let him off the hook for the Iran-Contra fiasco. It was an honest mistake really. His heart was in the right place, fighting those evil commie bastards. :roll:

Typical monotonous liberal rant. Reagan used far less executive priviledge than your hero Clinton - 3 times versus Clinton's 14. And Obama has already used it 3 times and took half the time to do it. Do I condone what Reagan did in Iran - Contra? Absolutely Not. But I don't condone Obama's actions either - which caused the death of a federal agent. But I suppose that wouldn't matter to a liberal now, would it?

Longshanks