"Kung Fu" Actor David Carradine Found Dead

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 10:27 am

"Kung Fu" Actor David Carradine Found Dead

Quote:
LOS ANGELES -- Actor David Carradine has been found dead inside his hotel room in Bangkok.

Carradine, 72, was in Thailand to shoot a new movie, according to his personal manager, Chuck Binder.

A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy, Michael Turner, confirmed the death. He said Carradine died either late Wednesday or early Thursday.

He also said he could not provide further details out of consideration for his family.

Thailand newspaper The Nation is reporting that the legendary actor was found Thursday after hanging himself in his luxury hotel room in an apparent suicide. The newspaper cited unidntified police sources.

Carradine may be best remembered for his role as Kwai Chang Caine in the 1970s TV Series "Kung Fu."

More recently, he starred as Bill in Quentin Tarantino's "Kill Bill" films.

He came from a family of actors, including his father John Carradine and brother Keith Carradine.

I can't believe grasshopper would kill himself :(... so sad...

cognito
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 10:28 am

actully, the hanging is disputed,

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 11:06 am

Oh no! :cry:

Seems like the curse of the dragon again.

legionsdad
Raven
Raven

04 Jun 2009, 12:08 pm

he was my idol as a kid, loved Kung fu. Then I meet him a year or so ago. He was such a disappointment. He's a drunk and a womenizer. But, no one is perfect.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 12:14 pm

Say what?

He was great as Bill in the "Kill Bill" movies.

DonkeyBuster
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 12:33 pm

I loved him in Kung Fu...
I try not to find out about actors lives, they are so often a disappointment... or rather, all too human and as messed up as the next one. :( I try to keep my fantasies intact.

Kung Fu marathon, coming on.... :ninja:

Oh hey, for anybody interested, I came across a fascinating book...

The Shaolin Monastery: History, Religion, and the Chinese Martial Arts by Meir Shahar.

The little I read seemed to be thoroughly researched and well written. Illustrated. :)

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 4:45 pm

I can't see a 72 year old hanging themselves, it just doesn't ring true.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 5:03 pm

Kung Fu was awesome. such a shame, I liked the guy :( :( :(

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 6:01 pm

No way, his career was on a major uptick.

If they say they found him "hanged in his closet" then he probably slipped while trying to reach the top shelf and got tangled up in one of his neckties or something.

Still no word as to official cause or accident/suicide yet, but that's where my money is.

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 9:14 pm

ViperaAspis wrote:

If they say they found him "hanged in his closet" then he probably slipped while trying to reach the top shelf and got tangled up in one of his neckties or something.

Still no word as to official cause or accident/suicide yet, but that's where my money is.

It was nylon cord taken from the curtains, but I'm still hoping that it wasn't a suicide (even though murder's not exactly better, I just don't want it to be suicide with him).

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2009, 11:37 pm

Does Uma Thurman have an alibi?

jrknothead
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 1:15 am

DNForrest wrote:
ViperaAspis wrote:

It was nylon cord taken from the curtains, but I'm still hoping that it wasn't a suicide (even though murder's not exactly better, I just don't want it to be suicide with him).

Could be a case of autoerotic asphyxiation gone horribly wrong... word had it ol' grasshopper had a pretty healthy sexual appetite... if that's the case, then at least he died with a smile on his face :)

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 2:30 am

I was a big fan of Kill Bill, so this saddens me :(

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

05 Jun 2009, 3:08 am

I liked his 1990s TV Show Kung Fu The Legend Continues. RIP David C.

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 5:12 am

jrknothead wrote:

Could be a case of autoerotic asphyxiation gone horribly wrong... word had it ol' grasshopper had a pretty healthy sexual appetite... if that's the case, then at least he died with a smile on his face :)

That is exactly what I read it probably was. Apparently old dogg had a cord around his wang that was connected to the neck cord somehow? I'm not sure how it works but clearly it was playing with fire on multiple levels...

edit: I found the article

[quote]Police Lt. Gen. Worapong Chewprecha told reporters that Carradine was found with a rope "tied around his penis and another rope around his neck."

"The two ropes were tied together," he said. "It is unclear whether he committed suicide or not or he died of suffocation or heart failure due to an orgasm."

8O 8) :oops: :twisted:

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 5:20 am

jrknothead wrote:
DNForrest wrote:
ViperaAspis wrote:

Maybe that's the details not provided out of consideration for his family.