Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 5:20 am

jrknothead wrote:
DNForrest wrote:
ViperaAspis wrote:
No way, his career was on a major uptick.

If they say they found him "hanged in his closet" then he probably slipped while trying to reach the top shelf and got tangled up in one of his neckties or something.

Still no word as to official cause or accident/suicide yet, but that's where my money is.

It was nylon cord taken from the curtains, but I'm still hoping that it wasn't a suicide (even though murder's not exactly better, I just don't want it to be suicide with him).

Could be a case of autoerotic asphyxiation gone horribly wrong... word had it ol' grasshopper had a pretty healthy sexual appetite... if that's the case, then at least he died with a smile on his face :)

Maybe that's the details not provided out of consideration for his family.

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 10:39 am

Thought sequence:

1. I knew it! It wasn't a suicide!
2. Ewwwwwww
3. But how do you... I mean what do you get from tying a cord from "Captain Winky the One-Eyed Wonder Worm" to your neck? How does that work?
4. Oh, the comedians are going to have a field day with this one. Autoerotically hung himself in a closet with a nylon cord while working on a movie called STRETCH! You can't write that stuff.
5. Maaaaan, what a way to go, eh?

DonkeyBuster
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 10:51 am

Quote:
Could be a case of autoerotic asphyxiation gone horribly wrong

I did wonder if that was a possibility. But I couldn't remember the technical term for it.

Quote:
"Captain Winky the One-Eyed Wonder Worm"
:lmao:

Don't try this...er... well, do it at home, just maybe not alone? :lol:

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 2:54 pm

The first thing I thought of when I found out exactly how he was found was if he died of auto-erotic asphyxiation.

Kind of sad he died in such an embarrassing way. He was great in Kung Fu and Kill Bil.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2009, 7:04 am

Judge and be judged imo......I still think he deserves respect , terrible what people write about him on imdb or YT :cry:

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2009, 12:49 am

ViperaAspis wrote:
3. But how do you... I mean what do you get from tying a cord from "Captain Winky the One-Eyed Wonder Worm" to your neck? How does that work?

Thought I'd let you know that you basically strangle yourself (very risky I dunno if that's what he did but people do die from it) anyway it cuts off oxygen to the brain and I can't recall the specific effects but it is known to greatly increase the effects of well you can guess. Anyway I loved that guy really a shame when I heard I was just thinking of him earlier today as a matter of fact and his Kung Fu show and how I liked it :/

oh and you only attach it around your neck nothing else is changed from normal "private time" habits...

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 10:41 am

blue_bean wrote:
I was a big fan of Kill Bill, so this saddens me :(

What was it about? (Kill Bill)

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 1:39 pm

Quote:

Well ... revenge and killing Bill. The plot is really that simple and can be summed up as such without spoiling anything. The movie covers the journey to do that with a bit of backstory thrown in.

The experience really comes with watching the movie. I want to use the words "visual smorgasbord", but that term is so overused that I ABSOLUTELY refuse to use it. Therefore, this film is something almost exactly like a visual smorgasbord without actually being a visual smorgasbord in the traditional visual smorgasbord sense.

<-- twitch, twitch :eew:

DeVoTeE
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jun 2009, 2:07 pm

it's a real shame that he died like this.

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 10:52 am

ViperaAspis wrote:
Quote:

Well ... revenge and killing Bill. The plot is really that simple and can be summed up as such without spoiling anything. The movie covers the journey to do that with a bit of backstory thrown in.

The experience really comes with watching the movie. I want to use the words "visual smorgasbord", but that term is so overused that I ABSOLUTELY refuse to use it. Therefore, this film is something almost exactly like a visual smorgasbord without actually being a visual smorgasbord in the traditional visual smorgasbord sense.

<-- twitch, twitch :eew:

you forgot to mention that it was released as two movies, Kill Bill: Volume 1 and Kill Bill: Volume 2. Both are really good films.

skysaw
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 10:57 am

You know his family claim he was murdered? I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this yet.

Quote:
David Carradine: Murdered by a secret kung fu sect!
Jun 08 08:04pm

David Carradine was murdered by a secret kung fu sect, his family has claimed.

Relatives of the 'Kill Bill' star believe he was "assassinated" because he was trying to expose an underworld martial arts group.

The 72-year-old actor - who shot to fame in 1970s TV series 'Kung Fu' - was found dead in a hotel in Bangkok, Thailand, last Thursday (04.06.09).

He was naked and had a rope tied around his neck, wrists, and genitals.

Thai police have denied murder claims, insisting the actor died after a bondage game went wrong, but his family's lawyer said there had been "conflicting reports" about the death.

Speaking on the ‘Larry King Live' US talk show, attorney Mark Geragos said: "David was very interested in investigating and disclosing secret societies - absolutely. What that means is connected to his interest in martial arts.

"And so there is a suspicion that if there was some foul play, that may be the first area they should look."

Carradine's manager Chick Binder also thinks the star was murdered, because his hands were tied behind his back, and there was a footprint on the bed that didn't match his shoes.

Binder said: "For sure there was foul play. We definitely don't believe it was a suicide. David was a great guy and a great client and a great friend."

But Marina Anderson - the fourth of Carradine's five wives - has dismissed murder claims, saying the actor often took part in "potentially deadly" kinky sex acts.

She said: "If he was involved in secret societies, it was a secret even I didn't know about."

Carradine's family has reportedly asked the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) to send special agents from the US to Thailand to investigate the case.

See http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/b/famous/ ... g-fu-sect/