Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 10:47 pm

Hovis wrote:
I think that even British TV has gone very much downhill and now consists of far too much 'idiot viewing' - reality shows...

Don't worry, American TV is exactly the same =(

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2009, 9:10 am

am have watched very little on tv for a while,due to having to move back to family home a while ago,am had all the kids channels on own sky sub,all channels apart from the premium and music ones,but mum/dad only have two blocks with their sky sub [entertainment/documentaries],and cannot be bothered with most of them,mainly bravo for dog..Fx [fox network in UK],sky one and bbc three for cartoons,watch the ones have recorded on sky+ more than tv channels.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2009, 12:21 pm

BadPuddle, I don't watch that much of television as often, I tend to spend a great deal of time reading yes, actually using my eyes to read a book or two.. :) Anyways, television I'd say can either be good or bad depending upon the content of the programs you watch or merely what you might find interesting if this makes sense? I tend to enjoy a great many history-based programs as such yet, often will watch mystery suspense shows from time to time..

ProfessorX

BadPuddle
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Jun 2009, 12:42 pm

ProfessorX wrote:
BadPuddle, I don't watch that much of television as often, I tend to spend a great deal of time reading yes, actually using my eyes to read a book or two.. :) Anyways, television I'd say can either be good or bad depending upon the content of the programs you watch or merely what you might find interesting if this makes sense? I tend to enjoy a great many history-based programs as such yet, often will watch mystery suspense shows from time to time..

ProfessorX

Sounds like you are just very selective. :D
I do miss a few types of program, like documentary and current affairs - anything factual without daft so-called 'personalities.'
My worst nightmare would be something like Jonathan Ross on a friday night.
I don't get the 'humour', overstimuation, minimal content.... ugh! :?
(edited for typos)