Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2009, 7:30 pm

I don't know how it happened, but I have only 4 days to finish 5 projects, and I'm so scared that I'm going to fail because I can't get it done. I made a schedule, but I keep on screwing it up *cries* I'm already staying an extra year, I CANNOT FAIL! I don't know how I'm going to study for my exams as well...AHHHH!

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2009, 8:53 pm

well, you won't if you keep posting on WP! :) I hope for all the best.

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2009, 9:11 pm

Sit back and make a "project map" that will be manageable for all the tasks, step-by-step of the projects you have to complete. Make it a fun planning process. You can even structure your hours around it, making a schedule. Many aspies (including me) love to do this!

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2009, 10:24 pm

whitetiger wrote:
Sit back and make a "project map" that will be manageable for all the tasks, step-by-step of the projects you have to complete. Make it a fun planning process. You can even structure your hours around it, making a schedule. Many aspies (including me) love to do this!

yeah, following it is the real challenge!

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2009, 9:29 pm

whitetiger wrote:
Sadly, I already did this, but I got really freaked out after not finishing something on time to the schedule and didn't follow it afterwards.

Izzy_Dolphin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jun 2009, 10:13 pm

When I have projects like this all piled up, I try to tackle one thing at a time. I set goals around time, and if I meet that goal, I can do 5 minutes of my special thing. So I aim to have things done fast, and usually I get them done faster than I think I can, so all is better. Just take a deep breath, tell yourself you CAN do this, which you definitely can, and go for it. Pick one project that isn't as big and start with that. Then do a bigger one. Alternate back and forth between big projects and small projects. Make check-lists, rather than schedules. (Say "I'm going to take 10 minutes to finish this step" and then do that step, rather than setting times for each step before you begin the project, set the schedule as you go. Make a goal to finish a bunch of stuff before you go to sleep, but don't add it all up and pre-schedule it, because that will make you more stresesd.) I like index cards with checklists to keep track of things, but that's just my way of doing things. Don't over-schedule yourself, like I know you really want to do for the structure. Make lists then schedule as you go. You can do it!!

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2009, 3:48 pm

Thank you Izzy_Dolphin :D That was really helpful, I'm going to try that!