Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Heartcooksbrain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jun 2009, 7:30 pm

I've only had Jack in the box fries, I'm more of a burger king/Zips/or Dicks kind of guy.

Spokane_Girl wrote:
No. I only go there if I want to get sick :lol:

Anyone remember the 1993 incident there?

I rarely eat there because I hardly eat out. The first time I ate at one was in Spokane in 2006 and I got a pumpkin milk shake and a burger. The reason why I never ate there was because I thought it was a place where you get sick from the meat because of the story mom told my brothers and I when I was 8. As I got older, maybe about age 12, I realized it was just a one time thing and it isn't going to happen again when you eat there. I still never ate there because I was never interested. There aren't lot of them around here but there is one in my neighborhood and I can walk right to it.

Are you speaking of the ecoli case? If so I think I remember. By the way, if you're ever in spokane seeking the tastiest and also cheapest of unhealthy fast food available, definitely check out "Dicks Fast food". But be aware, after having this food you will instantly fall in love with it's greasy disgustingness, and will suddenly find yourself thinking in your head "Mmm I want some more Dicks", "I love Dicks!", and occasionally you may find yourself asking others "Would you like to go get some dicks?". Ahh, I love Dicks. So cheap and so fulfilling!

Rob_Somebody
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jun 2009, 8:41 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:

They closed down all thier shops in Colorado because of that incident they finally just came back after 16 years in exile...

But the face stays painted on for everyone to gaze upon
continuing the bad dream till he wakes up gone.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

17 Jun 2009, 3:22 pm

Heartcooksbrain wrote:
I've only had Jack in the box fries, I'm more of a burger king/Zips/or Dicks kind of guy.

Spokane_Girl wrote:

I rarely eat there because I hardly eat out. The first time I ate at one was in Spokane in 2006 and I got a pumpkin milk shake and a burger. The reason why I never ate there was because I thought it was a place where you get sick from the meat because of the story mom told my brothers and I when I was 8. As I got older, maybe about age 12, I realized it was just a one time thing and it isn't going to happen again when you eat there. I still never ate there because I was never interested. There aren't lot of them around here but there is one in my neighborhood and I can walk right to it.

Are you speaking of the ecoli case? If so I think I remember. By the way, if you're ever in spokane seeking the tastiest and also cheapest of unhealthy fast food available, definitely check out "Dicks Fast food". But be aware, after having this food you will instantly fall in love with it's greasy disgustingness, and will suddenly find yourself thinking in your head "Mmm I want some more Dicks", "I love Dicks!", and occasionally you may find yourself asking others "Would you like to go get some dicks?". Ahh, I love Dicks. So cheap and so fulfilling!

Is that the Dick's burger chain who have several outlets in Seattle? If so, I'm one of those heretics who thinks they aren't all that (OK, probably that's because I gag on mayo and I was astonished to find they wouldn't hold the mayo, but my husband had one and he wasn't hot on them either). The people who have fond memories of them tend to be the ones who grew up in Seattle and hung out at Dick's in high school, and they treat it as a kind of marker for when you moved there, I'm told. Which means I stick out like a sore thumb as an obvious foreigner and should probably stick to the tacos. :lol:

Also...pumpkin milkshakes. Things like this are part of why America rocks. We Brits would never have the nerve to make pumpkin milkshakes or put peanut butter in candy or any of the other ridiculous but addictive things you do with junk food.

Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 3:38 pm

ThatRedHairedGrrl wrote:
Heartcooksbrain wrote:

Spokane_Girl wrote:

Is that the Dick's burger chain who have several outlets in Seattle? If so, I'm one of those heretics who thinks they aren't all that (OK, probably that's because I gag on mayo and I was astonished to find they wouldn't hold the mayo, but my husband had one and he wasn't hot on them either). The people who have fond memories of them tend to be the ones who grew up in Seattle and hung out at Dick's in high school, and they treat it as a kind of marker for when you moved there, I'm told. Which means I stick out like a sore thumb as an obvious foreigner and should probably stick to the tacos. :lol:

Also...pumpkin milkshakes. Things like this are part of why America rocks. We Brits would never have the nerve to make pumpkin milkshakes or put peanut butter in candy or any of the other ridiculous but addictive things you do with junk food.

Yeah, they're all over the place. Their food isn't that appealing to me, especially not their milkshakes, they're watered down :?

I'm pretty sure you could find any milkshake imaginable around here. And speaking of junk food, I was grocery shopping the other day, they were selling "Potato candy" :lol: Can't imagine what that tastes like.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2009, 6:17 pm

Jack in the Box was, for a very long time, one of the places I was addicted to...and pretty much the only fast food place I would go to. i would only get the tacos and stuffed jalapenos...Allll the time though.....

The only thing I like about sonic is that they have tater tots....the service at the one near where I used to live was horribly surly and inept.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 12:53 pm

I like both the jalapenos and the tacos.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2009, 5:12 am

Dont have em up here in Red Deer , Alberta, or anywhere in Canada as far as I know.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!