Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

NomadicAssassin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jul 2009, 8:12 pm

I would go for the military but with AS and my medication they won't let me join, and my father is a marine so it's in my blood to be a warrior, does anybody know of a militia or group I can join to become a warrior both physically and mentally, I am willing to just about anything, and I'll say that again anything wether it be something as big as never marry or as little as signing a form!

Albert Einstein

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2009, 8:28 pm

Fight a war against your notions that being a warrior is a good thing...

willa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2009, 8:44 pm

dude ya, you can be a warrior in ways that dont involve armies and militias.

Go hit up your local tae kwan do spot and learn some. Get into MMA if you really need a physical outlet.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2009, 8:53 pm

guess you could go hunting, or do the whole "survival" stuff out in the woods, none of that involves killing people :)

legionsdad
Raven
Raven

04 Jul 2009, 8:56 pm

I was in the army for 7 years, this was way before I found out about aspergers. You don't have to be in a group to be a warrior. When I was a kid, I had alot of military manuals like the ranger manual, the survival guide. I trained hours a day. Live it, love it. Train your skills. After 7 years of jumping out of perfectly fine airplanes, ended up hurt, overtrained, and looking for a fight. Took 7 more years to get out of that line of thinking. Make it a hobby, not a way of life!

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2009, 9:39 pm

To be a warrior is a great desire I suggest as the others have said learn some skills go out and fight one of the greatest warriors of all time nature

have you noticed many martial arts draw inspiration from animals I myself take shaolin-do and when you use the katas and techniques you can feel the inspiration that animal gives to that school/form

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2009, 10:26 pm

Go to Africa.
Find somewhere nice and politically heated.
Lose your current opinion, a limb or two.
Come back and tell us how hardcore you are 8)

DarrylZero
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2009, 10:48 pm

This is one of my favorite quotes regarding warriorship (I can't remember the source):

"A warrior is a contradiction, for he strives to create a world in which he is no longer needed."

militarybrat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2009, 7:35 pm

I quess you could take up Martial Arts, Fencing or other types of weapons training or physical fitness programs. However, what you feel inside is far more important than your physical being. You don't need to be in a militia or the military to be a warrior. I understand your feelings about the military though because my dad's a marine too. Being a military brat is being part of a culture outside/alongside the larger culture you live in. We have a strong and proud heritage.

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2009, 11:47 pm

DarrylZero wrote:
This is one of my favorite quotes regarding warriorship (I can't remember the source):

"A warrior is a contradiction, for he strives to create a world in which he is no longer needed."

That's an awesome quote, I never thought about it I guess but that is totally true.

Biene
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2009, 9:14 pm

French Legion?

Biene
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2009, 9:19 pm

I was right , here according to wikki :

The Legion is today known as an elite military unit whose training focuses not only on traditional military skills but also on its strong esprit de corps. As its men come from different countries with different cultures, this is a widely accepted solution to strengthen them enough to work as a team. Consequently, training is often described as not only physically challenging, but also extremely psychologically stressful.

Fishimonimus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Jul 2009, 4:59 am

i know the royal airforce recruit aspies.

infact they have a diversity policy where they have to have over a certain ammount of special needs people

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 6:23 am

I think being a warrior is more a state of mind and a way of life. The Japanese certainly thought so.

Think John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. They played men who told the truth and "did the right thing".

Congressman Ron Paul is a warrior although he has never killed anyone. He stands up for what he believes in and won't quit or sell out or back down for anyone.

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 8:17 am

Wombat wrote:
I think being a warrior is more a state of mind and a way of life. The Japanese certainly thought so.

Think John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. They played men who told the truth and "did the right thing".

Congressman Ron Paul is a warrior although he has never killed anyone. He stands up for what he believes in and won't quit or sell out or back down for anyone.

Yes many cultures shared this belief European knights had code of honour and chivalry. Samurai's had bushi-do.

So yes being a warrior is more abstract than being just a fighter. But then again in the immortal words of my teacher. A good body bashing is great for the soul

Pascal
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jul 2009, 9:56 am

First step : watch kung-fu movies :wall:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SK9kFyQxNw[/youtube]

1 3 3 1
1 4 6 4 1
1 5 10 10 5 1