Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 8:53 am

So we are all going to die from swine flu.

But wait... weren't we all going to die from Bird Flu and before that Sars?

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 8:58 am

Pandemics occur periodically, and we're currently overdue for one. Historically, pandemics that occur after a longer-than-usual gap tend to be more severe. So, we know a pandemic is coming, and we know it's going to suck pretty badly, but we can't be sure of exactly what or when until it hits.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 9:34 am

Wombat wrote:

There are usually some people with a natural resistance to the disease. They will get to reproduce and pass this along to their children.

You will recall that not everyone died of the Bubonic Plague or the Spanish Influenza of 1918-1920.

ruveyn

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 10:26 am

If I remeber what I read right cats bring down the rat populations had alot to do with the plague coming under control that and better stantation. It still lives on fleas in the south western US but can be treated with antibiotics were there are still a few cases each year mostly effecting the homeless. Spanish Influenza was such a big killer do the fact there was a frist wave that was mild then it mutated and came back more deadly it also ran threw dorm type living conditions where young men were living packed in and with substander stantation while WWI was going on. If I recall right more American severice men died of the flu then in that war. The western world realy Has little to fear from this flu, I do how ever worry about the 3rd world were childern are dying from lack of clean drinking water. This flu very well could wipe out alot of lifes in the less devolped parts of the world.

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 10:53 am

Yes, and the oil resources were supposed to be drained in the 70's.

The end of the world has been canceled quite often.

DonkeyBuster
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 1:01 pm

CRD wrote:
If I remember what I read right cats bring down the rat populations had alot to do with the plague coming under control that and better sanitation. It still lives on fleas in the south western US but can be treated with antibiotics were there are still a few cases each year mostly effecting the homeless.

Cats have the same fleas as rats. Cats can transmit the pneumonic form of the plague to humans... same bug, different form. Probably trash pick-up and human rat killers (a bounty was paid per head) were more responsible for the decline in bubonic plague. I've also heard put forth the possibility that the "Black Death" was actually an ebola virus, rather than bubonic as initially thought.

Most of the people here in the SW that contract the plague aren't homeless. They're perfectly middle class folks who somehow got bitten by an infected flea (hiking, etc) or breathed on by an infected cat.

Having not noticed massive change after the Harmonic Convergence or any Millenial Shift, I'm not expecting much out of 2012 beyond amusement. High mortality pandemic will eventually show up... but I don't think the H1N1 flu is it. I've got my masks and Tamiflu (though I notice that becoming less effective in Rx) just in case this one becomes a lethal bug. Oh, and my firearms. Because if the folks in the nearest population center get panicked, I don't feel like being their victim, thank you very much.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 3:23 pm

I don't believe there is much to worry about. It sounds like the flu is pretty weak and it is only hurting seriously ill or elderly people. If you are young and healthy it is more like having a cold (according to several people who have recovered from it). There are drugs being handed out and stuff too. It is only the poor who are going to suffer from this illness. That sucks. Its a shame we can't wipe it out completely...

oli234
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jul 2009, 9:57 am

The strains of the virus that are most likely to catch on are the ones that dont actually kill the victim, so they can walk around and pass it on to other people. So as time goes on the percentage of people that die after catching the virus should continue to go down even if you're chances of getting go up

b9
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2009, 10:08 am

pigs may fly.

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2009, 10:36 am

I'm in the epicentre of the swine flu capital. But eh. I have good hygiene, and if it gets me, it gets me. There's nothing I can do.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2009, 10:50 pm

Swine Flu is only serious for the elderly, people with other serious health problems (like cancer or a lung condition) and young children(i say that because one of the people that has died from swine flu here was a 3 year old boy).

I hope that it can be wiped out completely someday, I heard that work on a vaccine was coming along well.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2009, 12:15 am

recently learned it kinda mutated with the usual spring /summer flu now. :o

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2009, 2:08 pm

All of us germaphobes and ocd people wll probly not get it because of rigouros hand washing.The swine flu will just blow over.Did you know virus are suicidal they need a host to survive and reproduce but if they kill you they die unlike bacteria.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2009, 12:37 pm

I like putting pieces of the puzzle together to get a picture.

40 microbiologists died, to keep them quite?

Killer Spanish flu recovered from frozen victim (Spanish flu killed over 40 million)

Swine flu and Spanish flu disturbing smilarities.

Elite wants to reduce overpopulation

They have allready prepared for this in advance, FEMA coffins

Baxters is the company that will make our vaccines, the same company that "accidently provided 18 countries with vaccine laced with live bird flu.

Hardly anybody has died from this mild flu, thousands and thousands die each year of ordinary flu, why is the media frightening us all into accepting forced vaccine?

All links at the bottom.

The folowing is a report from Prison Planet

Nationwide vaccination programs expected to be instituted this fall following WHO declaration of swine flu pandemic status

Government Readies Schools As Mass Vaccination Clinics 170609top

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The government is telling schools across the country to prepare to be used as clinics for mass vaccination programs set to be instituted later this year, according to an Associated Press report.

Schoolchildren are being targeted as the first recipients of a swine flu vaccine currently being developed, despite the fact that swine flu has proven far less lethal than originally feared, killing just 160 people worldwide, a figure dwarfed by the number of people who die annually from the regular flu virus.

The World Health Organization increased the hysteria surrounding swine flu last week, raising their alert status to level 6, indicating a global pandemic was underway.

“Schoolchildren could be first in line for swine flu vaccine this fall — and schools are being put on notice that they might even be turned into shot clinics,” states the report.

“Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said Tuesday she is urging school superintendents around the country to spend the summer preparing for that possibility, if the government goes ahead with mass vaccinations.”

The last such mass vaccination program to combat swine flu in 1976 resulted in dozens of deaths and hundreds of injuries, after the Ford administration attempted to use the infection of soldiers at Fort Dix as a pretext for a mass vaccination of the entire country.

Americans have been psychologically conditioned by the mass media to accept the inevitability of enforced mass vaccination campaigns for years. The latest such example appeared in Time Magazine six weeks ago, where it was mooted that officials would be forced to “institute draconian measures to combat the disease,” measures which would include mandatory mass vaccination programs.

Some schools are already working with the government to run mass vaccination drills.

Eleven schools in Alaska recently participated in an exercise focused around dispensing mass vaccinations in the event of an outbreak.

40 microbiologists murdered

Spanish flu recreated

Swine flu same as spanish flu

Prince Charles Virus

Georgia guidestones 90% population reduction

FEMA coffins

Baxters

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2009, 2:53 pm

Wombat wrote:

And don't forget the killer bees.

Vanilla_Slice
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2009, 3:20 pm

Two observations:

1) I don't have the figures for where I am (Hungary) but in the UK where I used to live about twenty people have died of swine flu, that's out of a population of sixty million. Your odds of getting a fatal dose are about three million to one.

2) Lose weight. It has been statistically proven that (worldwide) overweight people form about 60% of the registered swine flu deaths.

Vanilla_Slice