What age did you all stop wearing diapers/pull-ups?

Page 1 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

21 Jul 2009, 2:13 pm

Irulan wrote:
I have just asked mom – according to her words I had to wear a diaper up until I was about 3,5. Is it really that long? She claims so.

I was about 3.3 when I gave up diapers. My mom said I quit wearing them when my brother was born. But then I had accidents up till age five and the last time I wet the bed was when I was 8. I only wet the bed occasionally as a kid so I didn't wear protection to bed, I did when I was three and my mom said she got me pull ups but I found out they weren't introduced by Huggies until 1989 so what on earth did I have on then in 1988? :?

3.5 is a little late but still average. Maybe she meant she worked trying to potty train you and it took her months. Some parents try and then give up figuring their child isn't ready and some just stick with it and it takes them months or a year to get their kid fully potty trained.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 4:26 am

I think I was at the timing I was due to the fact that during that time, my father was raising me and my sister as a single parent at the time...so he had to juggle betwen maintaining the farm raising the animals and the crops and raising kids.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 6:08 am

For myself probably at the age of 3 or so.

But... there have been a couple of times in my adult life when I dreamed that I really had to go and found a toilet in my dream and went... and. :oops:

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 6:14 am

The regular time, I think. I didn't wear pull-ups.. I did have some awesome sort of thick fuzzy underpants. I miss those, I'd so wear them if they had big ones. (Actually I found some big ones a while back but they were low-cut, blah.) I don't know how they would have helped an accident though.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 6:15 am

Wombat wrote:
For myself probably at the age of 3 or so.

But... there have been a couple of times in my adult life when I dreamed that I really had to go and found a toilet in my dream and went... and. :oops:
Oooh, I've had that dream too, but luckily never actually went IRL. Phew. Once I even dreamed I woke up and had gone #2 for some reason and spent the rest of the night trying to find a way to hide it. XD;;;;;;;;

Volcanic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Aug 2009, 5:51 am

this is a bit embarissing but i never stopped wearing diapers. im almost 11 and ive never used a bathroom before in my life.not yet anyway.and my life really sucks cuz of it. my mom is really really busy and is always going away and stuff (i think shes just to lazy to try it) but she always says i aint ready and stuff.yeah right i was ready 5 years ago. :(

Francis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2009, 9:57 pm

Diapers- Unknown

Pull-ups: 6

Quote:
Why on earth were you two toilet trained late

It's not a toilet training issue. Gastrointestinal problems are commonly linked with autism and Asperger's syndrome.

Analogy: If you had an upset stomach and had diahrea that doesn't mean your not potty trained.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 8:14 pm

Volcanic wrote:
this is a bit embarissing but i never stopped wearing diapers. im almost 11 and ive never used a bathroom before in my life.not yet anyway.and my life really sucks cuz of it. my mom is really really busy and is always going away and stuff (i think shes just to lazy to try it) but she always says i aint ready and stuff.yeah right i was ready 5 years ago. :(

Are you verbal or non verbal?
Can you hold it in for a period of time?

If you ARE verbal and you can hold it in, and YOU feel YOU ARE READY, YOU DON'T need to wait for your mom to train you.Im not sure about your whole situation , BUT since you do seem aware of what's going on and do have the capacity to log onto here and post, YOU can train yourself.If you feel the urge to go, then go to the crapper and do your business,PROVE your mom wrong.IF your mom is UNWILLING OR UNABLE to help you, DONT let it hold you back.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I;m just giving my honest answer based on personal experience with other issues related to proving people wrong.I have proven them wrong a few times and I have proven my family wrong.At one time when I was still about 3 or so, a few family members were trying to get me institutionalized but my Dad said no.I was not institutionalized.Seoond...none of them ever thought Id graduate high school....I GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL AND I AM HALF WAY THROUGH COLLEGE, AND AM GOING TO BE GRADUATING COLLEGE AND DOING WELL.I PROVED THEM WRONG BIG TIME!!I even live on my own and drive and own my own vehicle and have my drivers permit.

!Even if it doesn't work out, then at least you will be able to say that you put some effort into it and won't be left wondering What if??

It is UP TO YOU TO PUSH YOURSELF AND TAKE INITIATIVE WITH YOUR LIFE.

On the other hand, if it is a bladder/bowel issue, then this post is rendered void and should be disregarded.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2009, 4:58 am

Volcanic wrote:

I remember a movie. True story!

A boy about your age used to still wet the bed and his mother would deliberately embarrass him by hanging his stained sheets out of the window to "teach him a lesson"

So he would finish school and run like hell to get home and pull in the sheets before any of his school mates could see them.

Long story short he became an Olympic champion runner.

LinnaeusCat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Aug 2009, 7:27 am

Fully potty trained by age two but I expected a cookie as a reward. My parents were big on me hitting all the childhood milestones in a "timely" fashion.

I never could tie my shoelaces "the right way" like they wanted me to, to their eternal embarrassment yet I could read before I could tell time (numbers block).

INTJ.

Volcanic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Aug 2009, 8:46 am

Tory_canuck wrote:
Volcanic wrote:

If you ARE verbal and you can hold it in, and YOU feel YOU ARE READY, YOU DON'T need to wait for your mom to train you.Im not sure about your whole situation , BUT since you do seem aware of what's going on and do have the capacity to log onto here and post, YOU can train yourself.If you feel the urge to go, then go to the crapper and do your business,PROVE your mom wrong.IF your mom is UNWILLING OR UNABLE to help you, DONT let it hold you back.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I;m just giving my honest answer based on personal experience with other issues related to proving people wrong.I have proven them wrong a few times and I have proven my family wrong.At one time when I was still about 3 or so, a few family members were trying to get me institutionalized but my Dad said no.I was not institutionalized.Seoond...none of them ever thought Id graduate high school....I GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL AND I AM HALF WAY THROUGH COLLEGE, AND AM GOING TO BE GRADUATING COLLEGE AND DOING WELL.I PROVED THEM WRONG BIG TIME! !I even live on my own and drive and own my own vehicle and have my drivers permit.

!Even if it doesn't work out, then at least you will be able to say that you put some effort into it and won't be left wondering What if??

On the other hand, if it is a bladder/bowel issue, then this post is rendered void and should be disregarded.

yea im verbal. i normally know when i need to go and stuff but i dont try holding it in thats probly something i need to work on,if i could train myself i would (i think i could) but my mom wont even let me do that shes an idiot i have proved her wrong a lot of times, i used to go to a "special" school.they said i would never be able to go to a normal school and when i was about 7 years old i did and at the moment im doing really well.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 4:12 am

Volcanic wrote:
Tory_canuck wrote:
Volcanic wrote:

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I;m just giving my honest answer based on personal experience with other issues related to proving people wrong.I have proven them wrong a few times and I have proven my family wrong.At one time when I was still about 3 or so, a few family members were trying to get me institutionalized but my Dad said no.I was not institutionalized.Seoond...none of them ever thought Id graduate high school....I GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL AND I AM HALF WAY THROUGH COLLEGE, AND AM GOING TO BE GRADUATING COLLEGE AND DOING WELL.I PROVED THEM WRONG BIG TIME! !I even live on my own and drive and own my own vehicle and have my drivers permit.

yea im verbal. i normally know when i need to go and stuff but i dont try holding it in thats probly something i need to work on,if i could train myself i would (i think i could) but my mom wont even let me do that shes an idiot i have proved her wrong a lot of times, i used to go to a "special" school.they said i would never be able to go to a normal school and when i was about 7 years old i did and at the moment im doing really well.

1.Try the holdin it in.
2.Don't listen to the peanut gallery(aka mom)
3.Show the school you ARE capaple of being toilet trained
4.Once you show the school, your mom will have NO CHOICE BUT TO BELIEVE YOU WERE RIGHT.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 10:54 pm

Sometimes it takes defiance and stubborness to achieve one's goals and get ahead in life.Im not saying go out and defy everyone in authority, but sometimes, there are times when it is necessary to defy the said authority when it is clear that they are wrong or abusing their power.Ignore the comments from the peanut gallery.Tell your teachers you want to be trained...they might help you or raise the issue with your mom.

Volcanic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Aug 2009, 11:22 am

thanks Tory_canuck im gonna try

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 2:46 am

Volcanic wrote:
thanks Tory_canuck im gonna try

Best of Luck to you soldier!!Godspeed!!

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 3:59 am

Think it was 4, and to add some more info, i stopped drinking breastmilk when i was 8 or 9 months old 8O