What age did you all stop wearing diapers/pull-ups?

Page 4 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Foreveranaspie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Oct 2017, 11:38 pm

:oops: I still wear diapers as I can't always feel when I have to go

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 5:23 am

Diapers: 22 months

Pull-ups: 2 years

I was potty-trained early, and once I was potty-trained I never turned back.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 9:24 am

About three years of age

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

21 Oct 2017, 10:54 am

I wasn't toilet-trained until I was 7, so I think I stopped wearing nappies then.
I still wore pull-ups at night, up until about 8.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2018, 6:49 am

At 43 years of age I still need them. The root cause is extreme anxiety which causes my urinary incontinence and I need diapers on a regular basis. There is also the irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and it has further created my need for diapers but this is being managed with medication but unfortunately diapers will be with me until the day I die.

This is not necessarily a bad thing but let me explain. My need for diapers is as much a problem upstairs as it is downstairs, so-to-speak. My therapist and doctor have noted that as long as I am in a diaper my anxiety is cut in half for some reason or another. We haven't really nailed down as to why.

I did have a fear of public bathrooms and I did have a fear of not being able to find a bathroom in time but the diapers have solved both these problems. There's also the matter of the noises that happen inside public bathrooms which I cannot take and I usually put my hands over my ears when I hear them.

I'm a very complex fellow...

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

EgaoNoGenki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2020, 3:37 am

TheAP wrote:
I had to wear pull-ups at night until I was about 8.

Did your peers know? I wonder what sleepovers were like for you.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2020, 4:56 am

I think around the average age such things happen. At 8 I went to prep(boarding) school and wet the bed for the vast majority of the next 3 years . There was no bed-wetting at home.

EgaoNoGenki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2020, 5:45 am

firemonkey wrote:
I think around the average age such things happen. At 8 I went to prep(boarding) school and wet the bed for the vast majority of the next 3 years . There was no bed-wetting at home.

How did you like boarding school?

How did the faculty handle your bedwetting?

How did your schoolmates react to it?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2020, 6:41 am

As early as 1-2 years old. Couldn't recall wearing any diapers or pull-ups at my earliest memories, which is age 4. This doesn't mean no problems.

Some accidents until age 5. Some bed wetting until age 6-7. I overcame it when we moved home.
Less about incontinence and under reaction, more about not wanting to go and use the toilet.

Wouldn't use the scoop until age 10.
We don't use tissue paper here, so I've spent ages 7-10 having to bring my own tissue for that. Until someone gave me a rant and promised myself to just do it when I turned age 10.

It wasn't the body, it's head.

There wasn't a bit of embarrassment until we moved home, transferred school and barely matured at age 7-8. Any issues just stopped immediately as soon as I was convinced.
The cause is more like annoyance to the need, my usual negative attitude towards my own bodily needs in general that just ran deep. I still don't know where this came from.

And this attitude I had, from my point of view, can even pass off as intentional laziness and stubbornness. Therefore my issues involving this stemmed more from hardheadedness than anything.
As opposed to the usual, less intentional (squicked out/body insensitivity/lack of control) reasons due to one's real issues here.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2020, 8:45 am

EgaoNoGenki wrote:
firemonkey wrote:

How did you like boarding school?

How did the faculty handle your bedwetting?

How did your schoolmates react to it?

I didn't like boarding school at all , but it was the done thing for the sons of British diplomats to go to boarding school from the age of 8 or younger . I can't remember much , over 50 years later , as to how the school handled it . I do vaguely remember there being a rubber mattress cover.

There was mild teasing over it , but nothing heavy duty .

lliam420
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2020, 8:50 am

my 19 yo cousin still wears. mostly just in case theres an accident