Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2009, 7:24 am

RageBeoulve wrote:
Do most of you just want to see this romantic comedy because the main character is supposed to have Asperger's?

ooh, noes! do we now have to defend our tastes in movies to someone with totally different tastes ? Surely we can be excited about romantic movies, or is that not allowed in the universe?

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2009, 11:08 am

I, personally, am definately not a fan of romantic comedies. I want to see Adam just to see how AS is portrayed and all that. I will have to download *ahem* I mean rent... Mozart and the Whale. I have heard it referenced many times on this forum.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2009, 6:33 pm

Most romantic comedies are pure crap that just reinforce myths and gender stereotypes.

This looks good however, more of a romantic drama with some laughs thrown in. If they didn't throw some humor in, it might have made the film too serious and make adam come off as insane.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2009, 3:00 pm

SpongeBobRocksMao wrote:
MONKEY wrote:
Will it be shown in the UK any time soon? I really really want to see it.

Yeah, it's going to be shown in UK. I saw a poster for it a few days ago by a cinema, apparantely the UK release date is 7th August.

yaaaaaay. There's only 2 cinemas where I live, odeon and vue, hopefully they'll show it there *crosses fingers*

photosapian
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Aug 2009, 7:13 pm

I saw the screening of ADAM last night.
I must say, I was honestly expecting it to be the usual troubled boy meets girl, girl and boy fall in love, they fight and drift apart because they're stubborn, boy and girl get back together, kiss kiss, hug hug, happy story, end movie.

Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised. It had to be the closest to "real" that any romantic movie has ever been.
I won't ruin it for anyone, but I will say the following: It was sweet. Sad. Relate-able for Aspies and NT's loving an Aspie [romantically]. And, it was pretty...eye opening, for lack of a better way to phrase it, for people who aren't sure, or don't believe or what have you, that Aspies are different from NT's in many ways, especially socially.

http://www.myspace.com/flutesbestdamnthing

http://kidsmpowered.squarespace.com/ellannas-journey/