What is the most disturbing/shocking movie you've ever seen?

Page 7 of 9 [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

16 Feb 2018, 10:48 pm

I never used to have much attachment or any attachment at all to the Movie Groundhog Day, but then I took edibles for the first time and I had my own Groundhog Day type of experience, only I wasn't reliving the entire day over and over again just a particular segment of the day, and unlike the main character in the movie I couldn't change anything about it. Also just like the main character I had some crazy epiphany that I was trying to figure out and I guess that epiphany was that I took edibles. After that experience I was in some kind of weird locked in super and staring at my sister's stuffed red panda for about two hours. So yeah now I really can't look at that movie the same way.

advertisingfan123
Raven
Raven

17 Feb 2018, 9:58 am

Haven't seen it but for me, the most shocking film that I've heard of is a 90s German cartoon called Felidae. Apparently there's a scene in which a pregnant cat gets murdered brutally. Don't want to see this film because of this.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2018, 9:48 pm

These are some of the films that made me nervous.

The Passion of the Christ - Man, Jesus got his a** royally whooped in this one. I squirmed in my seat, thinking, "Romans, hurry up and crucify this guy so I could be put out of my misery!"

Irreversible - the fire extinguisher scene haunted me for days. I had to research how it was done. When I found out it was CGI I felt relieved.

Slaughtered Vomit Dolls - Has the distinction of being the only film I've never finished. Wow, this was some vile stuff.

Hated: GG Allin & the Murder Junkies - yuck. This was nothing but a gross fest. You WILL see scenes that will haunt you forever. GG Allin simply went further than any stage performer ever has. I don't think he can be topped.

Man Bites Dog - Belgian black & white film. This entire flick had me on the edge of my seat like nothing ever has. Man, was I nervous.

Silence of the Lambs - That one scene in the dark with the infrared (green) light.

hvtitan08
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Mar 2018, 3:01 pm

Black Swan. I didn't handle the situations like I was supposed to, and I got arrested for Assault and Battery against my dad after beating him to a pulp.

John Gault
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Mar 2018, 4:58 pm

zeitgeist movie (2007) .. a documentary but pretty disturbing and eye opening.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 5:14 pm

Death Wish (2018) or as I like to call it, Crazy Batman Wannabe Tortures and Kills People. That scene where he cuts that guy open with surgical precision and pours brake fluid into the wound was beyond the pale--nobody should be tortured like that, I don't care what they did.

Thing is, Willis already MADE this movie, it was called Unbreakable, and in that he really WAS a quasi super hero.

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 10:13 am

polymathpoolplayer wrote:
I don't know what it was but some a**hole on another forum posted a real suicide video where the guy put a gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger. This post was within a post about romantic advice and it was totally EVIL.

I flagged the post and I sure hope the poster got banned.

It wasn’t Budd Dwyer, was it?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 10:28 am

RainbowUnion wrote:
Death Wish (2018) or as I like to call it, Crazy Batman Wannabe Tortures and Kills People. That scene where he cuts that guy open with surgical precision and pours brake fluid into the wound was beyond the pale--nobody should be tortured like that, I don't care what they did.

Thing is, Willis already MADE this movie, it was called Unbreakable, and in that he really WAS a quasi super hero.

The original Death Wish (and its four sequels) was far more disturbing. DW 4 & 5 were the “tame” ones. Michael Winner, director of the first three Bronson-era DW’s, had a penchant for having brutal gang rape scenes (DW3 had a scene in which the victim was played by Winner’s then-partner)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 10:29 am

For me, The Day After would have to be the most disturbing.

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 1:51 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:

The original Death Wish (and its four sequels) was far more disturbing. DW 4 & 5 were the “tame” ones. Michael Winner, director of the first three Bronson-era DW’s, had a penchant for having brutal gang rape scenes (DW3 had a scene in which the victim was played by Winner’s then-partner)

I did not know that this was a remake!! !

"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 3:57 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:

One other thing that made this film disturbing to me was that I could feel that the all white audience was loving it, as if this is what Trump supporting Red America wants.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2018, 6:40 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:

One other thing that made this film disturbing to me was that I could feel that the all white audience was loving it, as if this is what Trump supporting Red America wants.

The audience stood up and cheered at the end back in '74 when I saw the original.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2018, 6:40 pm

Threads
Blue Velvet

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2018, 9:28 pm

dancer in the dark specially because i was 11 when i first watch it

elsapelsa
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2018, 8:02 am

ltcvnzl wrote:
dancer in the dark specially because i was 11 when i first watch it

Yes, I was just going to say anything by lars Von trier.

Also, lilja4ever and a hole in my heart.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2018, 4:27 pm

It (2017 version) and Mother.