What is the most disturbing/shocking movie you've ever seen?

Page 6 of 9 [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

racooneyes
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Sep 2009, 4:41 pm

yeah Cannibal Holocaust and Irreversible are rotten and shouldn't be viewed by anyone, except Cannibla Holocaust cos it's actually amazing. the part with the wine bottle in Pan's Labarynth was horrible just no need no need.

the single most batshit-crazy-bananas-cuckoo movie I've ever seen, here's the trailer http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK/ ... 188378905/ seriously if you don't like drugs incest necrophelia copropholia or are lactate intolerant then don't watch it, if you don't mind that stuff this film could be enjoyable :lol:

get all confused and then mix up the dates.

Woodpeace
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Sep 2009, 3:59 am

A Man Called Horse. When I was watching it in a cinema about 1970 at the scene which shows the protagonist being tortured/going through an American Indian initiation ceremony, I felt so nauseous that I had to leave the cinema. I did not see the rest of the film and have never seen it.

colonel1fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Sep 2009, 5:03 pm

Man, I think the most disturbing movies I ever saw were Blue Velvet and Closer.

Now, I know I have never seen this movie except for a few parts, but i know in many countries it would be disturbing because a lot of countries have banned this movie. It is Battle Royale. I don't know if any of you have heard or seen this movie. But it's kind of a modern day version of Lord of the Flies but very, very, violent and very, very, bloody. It was made in Japan and it is in Japanese subtitles.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2009, 6:21 pm

I discovered a while ago that my concept of disturbing/shocking either doesn't exist or has been been dulled from all the strange movies I've watched from a young age. I informally set myself on a quest to find a movie that deeply disturbs or haunts me and I've yet to find one despite having gone through many sites seeking out what people find to be the most disturbing movies. I've already seen a great deal of the movies mentioned in this thread and I plan to seek out all the other ones and watch them as well hoping I'll find one that gets under my skin. I think something's broken inside me though, I don't think it's normal to have seen some of the things in these movies and not been disturbed. It only applies to fiction though, real life events can shake me to the core sometimes. But the only thing that makes me cringe when I see it on screen (or even think about it) is ... nope I can't even type it because it truly freaks me out just thinking about it, but it's really lame in comparison to some of the things that bother other people.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2009, 8:01 pm

High School Musical 2.
The idea that anybody could enjoy that squeaky love fest is beyond me.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

sovereign254
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Oct 2009, 2:52 am

I will second tinky.

However, in a grotesque sort of way, the Saw movies were probably the most disturbing, despite the cheesy and tasteless gore (which even for movie standards, is rather cheesy.)

sXeZombie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Oct 2009, 3:47 pm

I LOVE gory movies and the such, so nothing "shocks" me.

Some scenes of Cube were disturbing, but I love it for that. ;D

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 9:48 pm

now if i speak of gory disturbing...i can't watch a lot of those kinds of movies because movies really stick with me for a while. halloween made me afraid of the night for about two months.
the one movie that disturbed me the most was jeepers creepers. i only saw the end of it but it was enough for me. the very end with the "jeepers creepers where'd you get them peepers?", the screaming, the close up of his face...worse knowing that it had just happened. i don't want to give away any spoilers. everytime i heard a happy song after that i thought of the movie and my stomach flipper.

strangely saw and the ring didn't scare me at all. psycho had me more freaked out than those two. especially the ending...wonderfully done. *pets psycho dvd*

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

murasaki_ahiru
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Oct 2009, 3:18 am

I have seen a few of the movies mentioned here like Battle Royale and Cannibal Holocaust (which I just bought the other day) and I wasn't disturbed or shocked at all watching them. CH Ive read up on a bit before hand so I knew what to expect not to mention posting on a Aussie horror film board with hardcore gorehounds who know their stuff loving it. I find real life things more shocking tbh. Iam weird in any way for having this opinion? Or is it Im mature enough to know they are only films? Who knows.

JamesTheCat

20 Oct 2009, 3:15 pm

I don't really watch those kind of movies because I am quite easlily freaked out. There are only two films that disturbed me are Pan's Labyrinth, which truly, truly horrified me(I wish I could unwatch it), and The Butterfly Effect, which I saw When I was about 11. It was more unpleasant than disturbing but after watching it I cried all that night.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2009, 3:20 pm

TrainSpotting and Se7en. NEVER watch those films if you're pregnant. Even thinking about them makes my gorge rise.

I don't watch that kind of film anymore. I tried to when younger, in order to fit in at university, and it was so upsetting... I also wish I could unwatch some of them.

Seriously, I can't watch Itchy and Scratchy on the Simpson's, it upsets me so much. Come to that, some Tom and Jerry, or Wiley Coyote gives me the heeby jeebies. I think I'm just over sensitive.

SquishypuffDave
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Oct 2009, 5:18 am

Inland Empire - David Lynch

There were a lot of eerie moments, but the one that got me was really simple - just a woman running towards the camera in slow motion. I won't describe the moment in detail, but it really engaged a part of my psyche that no other film has. I'd quite like to see some more David Lynch films now.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2009, 10:06 am

tinky wrote:
High School Musical 2.
The idea that anybody could enjoy that squeaky love fest is beyond me.

What was High School Musical 2 about?

ruveyn

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2009, 3:35 pm

mgran wrote:
TrainSpotting and Se7en. NEVER watch those films if you're pregnant. Even thinking about them makes my gorge rise.

Oh my word. Did you watch Trainspotting while pregnant? I'll go you one further. I watched it when my daughter was an infant. Or rather, I watched half of it. I don't even need to tell you which scene made me turn it off. I think you already know.

polymathpoolplayer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Oct 2009, 3:38 pm

I don't know what it was but some a**hole on another forum posted a real suicide video where the guy put a gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger. This post was within a post about romantic advice and it was totally EVIL.

I flagged the post and I sure hope the poster got banned.

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

16 Feb 2018, 10:48 pm

I never used to have much attachment or any attachment at all to the Movie Groundhog Day, but then I took edibles for the first time and I had my own Groundhog Day type of experience, only I wasn't reliving the entire day over and over again just a particular segment of the day, and unlike the main character in the movie I couldn't change anything about it. Also just like the main character I had some crazy epiphany that I was trying to figure out and I guess that epiphany was that I took edibles. After that experience I was in some kind of weird locked in super and staring at my sister's stuffed red panda for about two hours. So yeah now I really can't look at that movie the same way.