Anxiety/ADD/PDD-NOS but can't afford meds...

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2009, 9:19 am

poopylungstuffing wrote:
The $240 stuff was the generic for Wellbutrin...I guess I will call Baylor and ask them if they have any sort of med-assistance program....but I don't know what to do about the script that I had to leave at the pharmacy.

Really?! That's ridiculously much! We have a totally different healthcare system with pretty much everyone having insurance, so I neve rhave to pay for meds. However, it seems here drugs are much cheaper than in the US anyway.

Why did you have to leave the script at the pharmacist? If you don't get it filled, why would they need it?

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2009, 11:04 am

The Pharmacist would not tell us how much it would cost until we went to pick it up...so since it was technically "filled"..I couldn't get the piece of paper back.

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2009, 11:51 am

poopylungstuffing wrote:
The Pharmacist would not tell us how much it would cost until we went to pick it up...so since it was technically "filled"..I couldn't get the piece of paper back.

How stupid. Is this normal where you live? Here, it would be unusual for a pharmacist not to tell you what a prescription costs, unless the insurance comp will pay anyway.