I can't help but obsess about school

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2009, 11:22 pm

School is both one of my biggest reliefs and one of my biggest stressors. Usually about two weeks before school starts, though it's a month before this year for various reasons (like the fact I'm trying an online course and I haven't been registered yet), I get insanely obsessive about school. I'm always looking over my course book and trying to remember my schedule during the school year, but I don't do it during vacation until the end. Then I read over the course book over and over and over again, I go on the website to check things out, I repeat my lock number over and over again to make sure I don't forget it, I start worrying about the courses, what teachers I'm going to have, trying to figure out a plan b and c for the courses I'm planning for next year, even though it's really hard to do anything but my plan a (I'm currently really upset that I can't take art again next year, because I love it so much...I wish I didn't have to take two math classes that year)
I know it's excessive, but I just worry that if I mess something up here (like I've already done with taking applied math), I'll ruin my future.
At least it's fun to know that I know more then the guidance counselors in many areas :P

ForsakenEagle
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Aug 2009, 12:10 am

Same hear. I am also worrying about what classes I should take. I am also worried about how much textbooks will cost. I feel like my finances are going to hit rock bottom if I can't get more work. :(

Good luck to you, ebec11.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2009, 2:59 am

In elementary I would obsessively unpack and pack my backpack, artbox, etc all the time for weeks leading up to school.

I haven't been in school for awhile but apparently it's all I can talk about right now because I will be attending again soon.

iniudan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Aug 2009, 9:40 am

Been out of school for mental health and financial reason (scholarship dept sure accumulate fast when you when go into a peek of depression in about 75% of your session) for a while, but I admit returning occupy a huge part of my mind. But at the same time I am a bit affraid to return for I don't find it has easy to learn has before (might be due to me aging or just a feeling since been out longer then longer before and just lost confidence), for I could just listen in class and remember most, if I actually studied for a course I finished on the top (but since it felt easy for me I never really studied or took to do most homework, thing I want to correct before I return to school, that way will feel a bit more confident since will no longer have to fully rely on natural mental capacity, which can be damaged by mental trauma (real or just self-illusionnary (no real damage from this one but sure hurt self-esteem)

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2009, 4:06 pm

It's a relief to know I'm not the only person in this situation. I don't like change, and I think that's why I obsess over it, my schedule is something I like to know.
It's going to be worse when I get my schedule because I'll be worrying about the teachers and I'll be asking around if anybody knows them/what they think of them and see the three free reviews I can see on the teacher rating website (they all used to be free, ugh). Since I don't know who they are yet, I can't do that thankfully :P
I'm trying not to obsess about university too much yet - well, I'm obsessed about one school and keep on checking up on things about it, but I'm making myself stay away from the other that I'm considering going to. I'll do that next summer :P