Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2009, 8:35 pm

Sure I know I need one to pay for College for when I go back but if I'm working I'm usually thinking of not having college then I get all upset (at Mcdonald's out of a 4 hour part-time job I went and cryed in a bathroom for 30min+! !! !) Any hope to think positive or something I'm scared!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

sarbear1987
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Aug 2009, 8:59 pm

Getting a job is a scary, major thing in lots of people's lives. I'm trying to get my first real, out of school job. I just graduated from college in May (I'm going to keep saying "just graduated" even though time is marching on...) and I haven't found a place that will even hire me. But I've gotten lots of calls for interviews. And then I panic about the interviews and panic about the hours and panic about not having enough money even with a job....

This was a lot of words. Sorry. But, you're not alone. It will be okay. You can come here to write about it whenever you're scared. Or excited. Or both. :D

http://youtube.com/posthumorously = my vlog

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2009, 9:03 pm

Thanks how sweet I'm getting the job to help pay going BACK to College LOL! I'm on SSI so I'm doing a program that helps me find a job (after turning in the application they let you know/get you a job (not sure which) within 60 days. While it would be part time perhaps if it was retail get a little more hours during the holiday season I'm not sure what kind of job they could get me. :-) Thanks for the support I'm so happy I can come to WP this whole site has helped me alot with my life and understanding myself. :-)

Silvervarg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2009, 1:06 am

I tend to get very nervous too, but it usually passes when I get there and start working (going into "work-mode"). It's kind of acting, you take a role and preform as well as you can. :D If you're really good you get a bigger paycheck too. ;)

I allways thinks it helps to have been in the place before and observed the staff working, then you know what the costumer wants from you and how you should react. :)

Knowledge is power. ;)

Daniella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Aug 2009, 5:12 am

Live through the first year. It'll get better because it gets to be more of a routine thing.

Yagaloth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Sep 2009, 9:33 pm

I might be weird, but I actually look forward to starting a new job.

Expectations are lower for new hires so they're easier to exceed, for example.

Learning new skills is also fun for me.

It's usually the point where I start getting too familiar to my co-workers that things tend to disintegrate at work. I sometimes wonder if I wouldn't be better off quitting the moment I get a good review from my boss, instead of waiting several months or years later, as good reviews steadily turn to "not a team player", "insubordinate", "does not follow instructions", "unpredictable", and so on.