Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Do you have problem sleeping?
No I sleep fine. 3%  3%  [ 6 ]
No I sleep fine. 3%  3%  [ 6 ]
Only when im working on something and/or stressed 7%  7%  [ 15 ]
Only when im working on something and/or stressed 7%  7%  [ 15 ]
I sleep ok but im a light sleeper 2%  2%  [ 5 ]
I sleep ok but im a light sleeper 2%  2%  [ 5 ]
I have alot of trouble getting to sleep but i manage to get enough sleep 17%  17%  [ 36 ]
I have alot of trouble getting to sleep but i manage to get enough sleep 17%  17%  [ 36 ]
I have large difficultys getting to sleep and staying to sleep 21%  21%  [ 46 ]
I have large difficultys getting to sleep and staying to sleep 21%  21%  [ 46 ]
Total votes : 216

Charges
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Apr 2012, 11:30 pm

I don't think I've ever had trouble sleeping, and I'm immensely thankful for that. I conk right out in minutes and stay asleep all night, every night.

fragileclover
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 1:48 am

My problems with sleeping began when I was a toddler, and continue to plague me.

At night, I'm unable to get to sleep until I'm literally crashing, which is typically around 3 or 4am. During the day, even if I've gotten 7 hours of sleep, I will be super tired and could easily go to sleep then. At night, to get to sleep prior to crashing, I take melatonin and listen to the sound of crashing waves or have a fan blowing. If my room isn't exactly the right temperature, sleep isn't happening. I like the air around me to be cool, and then I wrap myself up in my blankets. If my room is too hot for me to use a blanket, my sleep will be restless.

Once I do fall asleep, however, I generally have no problem sleeping through the night. I used to be a very deep sleeper...I siren went off right outside my bedroom window when I was 6, and I slept through the whole thing. If I fall asleep at night, though, as soon as light enters my room, I'll be awake. To combat this, I have blackout curtains on my windows.

It seems that now, as when I was very young, that I'm unable to get to sleep because I can't stop thinking about all the things I'd rather be doing. When I was very little, I refused to sleep because I wanted to stay up and watch movies, which are my special interest.

Diagnosed with AS and Anxiety Disorder - NOS on 03/21/2012

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 9:50 am

Had trouble sleeping last night. I tried but just could not sleep no matter how I tried. This usually happens when I have to work a morning shift after a night shift. It totally messes up my sleep cycle. My brain never shut off.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 1:10 pm

I have had sleeping problems off and on my whole life. Right now I am having sleeping troubles and have been for the past few years now. I will stay up and get over tired and have a hard time getting to sleep and my my thoughts keep me up. I tried going to bed earlier last night but it took me a few hours to get to sleep because my brain wanted to stay up while my eyes were sore.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 3:03 pm

I'm OK with sleeping. It's a god-send really, because it's a good chance to escape all my worries and just rest for some hours a night.

But I've found I can sleep better when:-

-I have the window open just slightly, so it lets in a cool breeze, and I remember to switch my radiator off in the winter by about 6.30 in the evening so my room can cool down. I find I can sleep much better in a cool room, rather than a hot stuffy room.

-I have milk or cheese before I go to bed. I find it relaxes me.

-I watch a DVD before I go to sleep, because I find that getting to bed and trying to go straight to sleep doesn't work on me. I need to wind down first, otherwise I find myself falling asleep quicker than normal then waking up as quick as I fell asleep, which seems to confuse my body clock and keeps me wide awake for hours after that.

-I play games in my head when comfortable in bed, like thinking of a nursery rhyme and counting all the A's in it, then all the B's, then all the C's, and so on. Or I count things in places what I know well, like all the bus stops on my bus route or all the bells in my school I went to, etc. It often relaxes my mind and keeps out all the bad thoughts. I fall asleep much easier then.

Not sure if any of these tips would work on anyone else, but they work on me. Sometimes I get a night when I can't sleep whatever I do, but generally I follow these tips and it helps me to sleep.

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 10:58 pm

Once I fall asleep I sleep like a hibernating bear. The only problem I have is actually wanting to go to bed. I don't usually get tired until 1-3 am, but I have to get up at 6 am on weekdays. Going to bed that late wouldn't be healthy because I want more than 3-5 hours of sleep per night. I also sleep less when I'm stressed or excited about something.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 1:36 am

A little side note depression and sleep deprived go hand and hand.
Same goes for pain and sleep deprivation.
They are vicious circles.

EstherJ
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 2:07 am

Nope. Can't sleep well.

Actually, I'm up right now with insomnia. Have been really acting weird. Tried doing some algebra problems to make my mind tired...instead of making my mind tired, it calmed me down. I find the pattern in algebra soothing. So now, I think I can go to sleep.

Maybe.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 2:32 am

I have had difficulties with sleep for most of my adult life, and at least part of my childhood. It takes me several hours to be ready to go to sleep even on the rare occasion that I am not stressing out about something. Usually I need to relax after work and do research on something in order to put my mind at rest. It doesn't help that I don't get home until 1am many nights either. Tonight I will probably not fall asleep until between 5 and 7am.