Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2009, 8:30 pm

I was going to post this in the other more appropriate forms but I would like to get answers tonight before I crash. I'll do my best...

I'm an Aspie and function very well for the most part, but my emotions are so flat lately that I feel even less 'nothing' than before. I don't even need to observe and plan things to know I don't want to do anything. It's not the same as being depressed, because when I'm depressed my emotions are unstable but existing and so real. Right now I feel like the computer I'm typing on, just an existing intellectual thing that can unplug itself from reality. I was just going to shut up and take this on my own terms, but I need outer imformation and input to solve the issue.

How do I become more human and feel empathy for once? Or vanity? Or anything interesting at all? How can I, in simple terms, "cheer up"?

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2009, 8:36 pm

Well do you have any plans for the future? For me I'm still depressed over my College Suspension (5 years Feb) but now am hoping for a job to finish paying bills and get more financially stable so I can get back into College. Perhaps create an action plan for the future. I'm sorry if I'm reading your post wrong but you seem like me in a way where you are "just there" I behave like this at times where I tend to be lost in thought no emotion etc. (Although I find that state peaceful since I shut out the world) Hopefully I helped you in someway. :-) (

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2009, 8:36 pm

Oh dear.
Is there something to look for which might be "out of gas" and need to be refilled, somehow?
That happens to me.

Sometimes it's one of the physical troubles that I have bringing me down, sometimes nutrition, sometimes not.

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2009, 8:41 pm

I don't know about what you just said zeldapsychology, but I have a decent job, and a decent place, and I'm surrounded by wacky pets, and I do have a few real blood-and-flesh friends. I don't understand why I'm not feeling anything when it makes sense that I should. I have a good life, so I should feel something!

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2009, 8:52 pm

Maybe it'll come in time. Like I said I have times where I'm just "here" kind of lost in a fog and tend to not show emotion. :-) It's normal for me. :-)

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2009, 8:55 pm

SplinterStar wrote:
How do I become more human and feel empathy for once? Or vanity? Or anything interesting at all? How can I, in simple terms, "cheer up"?

Dang it, how can this be said without accidentally coming across like getting on your case . . . :?
Sometimes, you have to wait until the 'cheer up' is ready to happen.
Sometimes being human isn't the having of emotions but is when your being isn't having emotions, but rather continues on by force of will until they have whatever it is they were needing before they can come back.
And, no, living through the in-between isn't glamor and glitter.

But then, looking at where you say "for once" . . . that sounds like never much having had them at all to begin with.
And since it is bothering you, what you are asking about is probably not normal for you.

SplinterStar, this is one of those nights the words come out kind of choppy and not flowing. Sorry.

That 'something is empty and needs to be refilled' idea just won't go away though.

Well, hey, at least before you go crash, you've got zeldapsychology doing their best and me doing as close as can to the best.

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2009, 9:01 pm

I guess it's Aspie to be robotic then... :? I figured I was broken goods or somehow improper because I feel nothing but thoughts. My mother was "I feel so (insert emotion here) today." when I was a younger wilder thing. I never gave a damn about how she felt, and don't now, but at the same time I'm not wishing her harm so I'm technically not anti-social. I could be wrong. Just about the only thing I feel is the terrible red beast known as 'meltdown' and even that is a rarity as I mature and get more patience.

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2009, 9:05 pm

SplinterStar wrote:
I guess it's Aspie to be robotic then... :?

My wife is NT, my Dad is NT, and it even happens to them for awhile at times.
Once to Kathy for several years, and a couple times to Dad for up to a year at a shot.

As goofy as it sounds, before you call it a night, ask your subconscious self to show you what you need to know about this in a dream tonight. And to be gentle about it, please.

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2009, 9:10 pm

How can you yell at your subconscious???

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2009, 9:13 pm

SplinterStar wrote:

Ohh, I meant your subconscious to be gentle to you, subconsciouses have been know to be a bit overly abrupt and ruthless at times.

Kathy once made the mistake of following such a request with "....whatever it takes"
Baaaaaaadddddd idea.

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2009, 9:20 pm

southwestforests wrote:
SplinterStar wrote:

Ohh, I meant your subconscious to be gentle to you, subconsciouses have been know to be a bit overly abrupt and ruthless at times.

Kathy once made the mistake of following such a request with "....whatever it takes"
Baaaaaaadddddd idea.

Groovy stuff. I'm going to think about it. I've been on three separate forums since four hours ago and my eyes are melting from the irritating screen, so I'll give them a break. Thanks for the interaction and idea.

LipstickKiller
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Sep 2009, 3:47 am

You may actually be clinically depressed. It's fairly common to have depressions without the accompanying sadness and melancholy and it runs kind of how you describe it; not being able to enjoy things, feelings of meaninglessness, being "low" without being "blue". Do you have a therapist or psychologist you could turn to?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 8:55 am

(hugs SplinterStar)

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Sep 2009, 10:30 am

LipstickKiller wrote:
You may actually be clinically depressed. It's fairly common to have depressions without the accompanying sadness and melancholy and it runs kind of how you describe it; not being able to enjoy things, feelings of meaninglessness, being "low" without being "blue". Do you have a therapist or psychologist you could turn to?

Oh. I though depression was because of severe emotions like sadness and general angst. I was going to a friend of mine to talk when I used to be suicidal (that was a while ago, so no worries) but I haven't talked to her in such a long time... I had a therapist at one point, but he was an idiot so I dropped him like a rock in a lake. Since then I've turned to self help books and getting regular exersize so I don't lay around the house like a slug.

Uhura
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Sep 2009, 7:25 pm

If I understand right, that has happened to me. Just sort of numb existance? But when it happens to me I crash emotionally. I don't have control of when and sometimes am numb for weeks before crashing. After crashing I get to where I'm ok and can feel all emotions again.

Hope you don't crash. It's not fun.

TuDoDude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Sep 2009, 8:27 pm

I get into a hopelessness state fairly often. David Allan Coe music helps me re-focus and keep going. I think part of it is that David Allan is a very emotionally involved story-teller and it reminds me how to act and feel human.

SplinterStar wrote:
LipstickKiller wrote:

Oh. I though depression was because of severe emotions like sadness and general angst. I was going to a friend of mine to talk when I used to be suicidal (that was a while ago, so no worries) but I haven't talked to her in such a long time... I had a therapist at one point, but he was an idiot so I dropped him like a rock in a lake. Since then I've turned to self help books and getting regular exersize so I don't lay around the house like a slug.