Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 2:27 pm

I find myself confronted by these questionnaires more and more. The manager says there are no right or wrong answers, but I don't know. This is where my Asperger's really causes problems. How do I answer the questions? A lot of the questions have gray areas, like what is your view on drug use? Or questions about theft. Yet the answers are so black and white. My question is, how am I supposed to answer these questionnaires?

Hmmmn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2009, 2:36 pm

If you can remember any of the specific questions (or if it's in front of you) you may be able to find them online with google, the score tables will be with them. Worth a try anyway.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 3:39 pm

I'm not good with these kinds of questions either. If two examples are given and one is very true and the other is very false I feel like I'm not giving a complete answer in agree or disagree. Slightly doesn't apply either.

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 7:26 pm

I know, I hate those, too. How much is slightly? It's better, though, than just straight out "agree" or "disagree."

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 8:02 pm

I always end up feeling like I need to give an essay to explain why it's it "slightly."

What you described sounds sort of like one of those new employment screening tests, ie "Unicru." Hope it isn't, those sound really awful. I've seen a lot of online discussion about them, and there are definitely correct and incorrect answers, in the worst don't-be-too-thoughtful sort of way.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 9:18 pm

ScottF wrote:
The manager says there are no right or wrong answers, but I don't know.

That, by itself, is a lie.

There are "right" and "wrong" answers. The test is a profile. Answer in an undesirable way enough times and they won't consider you for the job.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 10:36 pm

Whatever happened to just walking in, and the manager asking "Can you do this, this and this?" It was so much simpler. But of course, employers have to be stupid now and put you through all this bureaucratic standardized crap and make life harder for everyone.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 11:46 pm

Apple_in_my_Eye wrote:
I always end up feeling like I need to give an essay to explain why it's it "slightly."

What you described sounds sort of like one of those new employment screening tests, ie "Unicru." Hope it isn't, those sound really awful. I've seen a lot of online discussion about them, and there are definitely correct and incorrect answers, in the worst don't-be-too-thoughtful sort of way.

Yeah, the Unicru type quizzes. I seem to get them every time I apply for a job lately.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2009, 11:57 pm

I found a PDF from Kronos Resources

Kronos Resources

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2009, 12:18 am

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt81389.html <-- thread with a lot of info about the Unicru test, what they're looking for, that it seems biased against ASD characteristics, etc.

Alien Quiz: &#8730;2/pi

DeadFire87
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Sep 2009, 11:40 am

I hate these types of questions takes me very long time to answer them.