Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 6:54 pm

I highly doubt that exactly one million people have the Swine Flu since there is no way to prove that all "one million cases" have been confirmed, and I don't think that all "100 deaths of the Swine Flu" were actually caused by the SF itself, this is all hype, DO NOT fall for it!

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 6:57 pm

Once flu season actually hits, H1N1 will start claiming more lives. It won't be anything like 1918, but it will be a worse flu season than we usually have.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 7:50 pm

A woman in my county just died last week from H1N1. She was in her early 30's and 6 months pregnant, otherwise completely healthy. The baby is alive and struggling in the NICU and she also had 3 other kids. A college student in my area died from H1N1 last spring as well. He was completely healthy beforehand. My county has been hit fairly hard since springtime and I think 100 deaths are completely believable.

As for the "hype," the medical community is really damned if they do and damned if they don't. If the dangers are underplayed, then they would be negligent and responsible for not getting advance warning and help or advice out. If they overplay it, then they become the boy who cried wolf and lose the respect and interest of the people. I think the media could do a better job by trying not to induce paranoia in the public, but if you are suggesting that there's some major conspiracy going on, then I believe you are mistaken.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

20 Sep 2009, 8:25 pm

stay tuned, it will only get worse. especially in the media. i cant wait i remember when sars was gonna kill everyone, then it was bird flu. now its swine flu. what i wanna know is what animals flu is next if this one doesnt do the trick? horse flu? :lol:

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 11:53 pm

richardbenson wrote:
stay tuned, it will only get worse. especially in the media. i cant wait i remember when sars was gonna kill everyone, then it was bird flu. now its swine flu. what i wanna know is what animals flu is next if this one doesnt do the trick? horse flu? :lol:

We are REALLY LUCKY that the swine flu never mutated in a form that is contagious for humans. Sadly, maybe it can still happen. And I never heard that horse flu can be transmited to humans. Only heard about that for pigs and birds. (Maybe the jews got good reasons to forbid pork, after all.)

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 11:58 pm

Tollorin wrote:
We are REALLY LUCKY that the swine flu never mutated in a form that is contagious for humans. Sadly, maybe it can still happen. And I never heard that horse flu can be transmited to humans. Only heard about that for pigs and birds. (Maybe the jews got good reasons to forbid pork, after all.)

Swine flu is contagious between humans, just not as contagious as was initially feared. Influenza does not affect horses- it affects humans, pigs, and birds, nothing else. You can not contract swine flu from eating pork, so that is not a reason for prohibiting pork in Judaism. However, you do run a higher risk of a variety of intestinal parasites by eating pork.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 12:12 am

Tollorin wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

I was meant to write BIRD flu. My bad. :oops:
As for the pork. I was not thinking about contracting it by eating it. I was thinking about how the everyday contacts of some peoples with pigs in elevage rise the risk of a dangerous flu epidemia. One of the fear with the bird flu was that the pigs being sensible to both avian and humans flus, a new hybrid souch form into a pig body. A souch with the virulence of the H5N1 and contagious from humans to humans. The contact of humans with pigs rise the risks of such a event.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 12:28 am

Tollorin wrote:
Tollorin wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

I was meant to write BIRD flu. My bad. :oops:
As for the pork. I was not thinking about contracting it by eating it. I was thinking about how the everyday contacts of some peoples with pigs in elevage rise the risk of a dangerous flu epidemia. One of the fear with the bird flu was that the pigs being sensible to both avian and humans flus, a new hybrid souch form into a pig body. A souch with the virulence of the H5N1 and contagious from humans to humans. The contact of humans with pigs rise the risks of such a event.

Since you originate from Quebec I can only assume English is not your first language but I never heard of a souch. What is it?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Sep 2009, 1:13 am

It's going to be a really bad flu season at the very least. Always good to air on the side of caution on something this. H1N1 could of and still can be very very bad.

Saying that, I actually think I might be coming down with the flu right now. :?

grain-and-field
Toucan
Toucan

21 Sep 2009, 1:39 am

Orwell wrote:
Once flu season actually hits, H1N1 will start claiming more lives. It won't be anything like 1918, but it will be a worse flu season than we usually have.

Yeah, sure. Do you know what the First World War is?

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 1:41 am

richardbenson wrote:

HAHA.

We had the media in our town for a few days last year covering this school where some kid got sick after going to Mexico. The news guy seemed pretty bummed as he told me that it was nothing. How many people were killed from swine flu? 52? Wow, the sky is falling. Go get a shot. It will probably make you even more dumb. :lol:

-Pythagoras

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 7:31 am

Shall we wait for the results of the upcoming flu season before jumping to conclusions?

ruveyn

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 7:35 am

It is far to say it is a question of what you value age wise. If you are into the 18 to 30s crowd then vote for swine flew prevention.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 7:55 am

grain-and-field wrote:
Orwell wrote:

Yeah, sure. Do you know what the First World War is?

Indeed I do. The 1918 flu killed several times more people than the first world war.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 7:56 am

I would agree with the thread title.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 7:59 am

Yep like the Y2K.