ARG!! Ifn your going to make a movie about it!! !!

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2006, 8:25 pm

I'm pissed and depressed right now. I'm sitting watching the news when something about the santabarbara film festival shows up. and some bimbo is making a movie about "two mildly autistic people" (They have AS) "who meet and fall in love" "learn to deal with the disease and the trials and tribulations that come with it." I feel sad now. I'm writing the man who made the movie a letter and correcting him. I'm [issed beyond belief! if your going to make a movie about something, then make sure you understand the subject! and great! everyone thinks I won't be able to have a functioning relationship!

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2006, 8:29 pm

The guys name is Fran Demartini and it has Josh Hartnett or whatever in it. I need help writing a letter to correct this man!! I also can't figure out how to contact him.

Maka-Ra
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Feb 2006, 8:37 pm

Quote:
I'm writing the man who made the movie a letter and correcting him. I'm [issed beyond belief! if your going to make a movie about something, then make sure you understand the subject! and great!

On what point or points do you believe that he is mistaken?

- M

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2006, 9:19 pm

That would be Mozart and The Whale. Our own "TheWhale"'s life (or parts of it) was/were the inspiration for the story in this movie. I'm not going to speak for him here (as I do not know his exact level of involvement) but let me say one thing here:

Is it at all possible that the people who were doing the NEWS were misinterpreting the movie's premise, and the movcie in in fact not as distorted as you think? :?

GroovyDruid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Feb 2006, 9:48 pm

Serissa wrote:
That would be Mozart and The Whale. Our own "TheWhale"'s life (or parts of it) was/were the inspiration for the story in this movie. I'm not going to speak for him here (as I do not know his exact level of involvement) but let me say one thing here:

Is it at all possible that the people who were doing the NEWS were misinterpreting the movie's premise, and the movcie in in fact not as distorted as you think? :?

True that. People in the media are very sparsely informed, usually. They get just enough info to write a good hook, then off they go. Then they smile big and give a patronizing, hopelessly flawed account of whatever it is they're showing.

As to the movie: that's interesting that they're showing it in Santa Barbara. I might drive over and give that a look. I've been waiting to see it, and it didn't come out on the date they originally advertised. I think they're having distribution problems.

I'll let you know.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2006, 11:40 pm

WE ARE NOT DISEASED!

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2006, 12:18 am

I'm sure that was just the newswoman being misinformed

GroovyDruid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Feb 2006, 2:35 am

ShadesOfMe wrote:
I'm pissed and depressed right now. I'm sitting watching the news when something about the santabarbara film festival

Yep! MOZART AND THE WHALE is playing over there. They are doing three showings. One is tomorrow, one is Monday, the last is next Saturday. Cheapest tickets are $35 (festival tickets of course, for four movies).

I don't think I can make it. I might have to wait for the DVD, darn it! Anybody know about a possible theatrical release on this bad boy? It was supposed to come to LA before...

Wouldn't it be fun if we got a bunch of the LA-area aspies together and went and saw it en masse?

Are you North Cal or South, Shades?

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2006, 5:53 am

GroovyDruid wrote:

I don't think I can make it. I might have to wait for the DVD, darn it! Anybody know about a possible theatrical release on this bad boy? It was supposed to come to LA before...

The Whale has posted here and he said that last He knew was that they were hoping to get a disribution deal at the festival.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2006, 6:33 am

ShadesOfMe,

It sounds like you are refering to Motzart and the Whale, which was written by a WP member based on the story of his life. It would probably be best to ignore that reporter. Most of them majored in journalism because they aren't smart enough to get any other degree. They are basically professional gossipers, and we all know how accurate and well informed gossip usually tends to be. :x Maybe you could get a chance to talk to Jerry Newport (WP username: "TheWhale") about it. I strongly doubt that Josh Hartnett was in two movies involving AS in the lot at the same time.

Roybertito
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Feb 2006, 3:25 pm

This is why I'm making a documentary --

So I don't get yelled at, and so I can inform people before this happens.

I'd rather be neutral than say anything more, lest I get bled on by either a supporter or a complainer.