Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mapler
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Oct 2009, 10:19 pm

I recently got super obsessed about Sailor Moon (I liked it as a child too, in fact I own 2 out of 3 Sailor Moon Movie specials on VHS). Is anyone here a big fan of Sailor Moon? My favorite character is Sailor Mars/ Rei Hino, I just think she kicks ass. I like her personality too. ^^ I'm planning to watch 200 episodes on youtube @.@ L> recommendations on which series I should start with. I really like Sailor Moon Stars storyline xD & the series is so magical it fascinates me so much.

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2009, 11:10 pm

I like Sailor Moon, but I'm not really obsessed with it. I used to watch it when it was on Toonami. I'd like to get all the episodes on DVD someday, but I think the only way to get those is bootlegs (though I'd be lying if I said I've never bought bootleg anime before). I have the 12" adventure dolls from Irwin Toys though, and I've read some of the manga.

Mapler
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Oct 2009, 11:13 pm

Why buy the episodes when you can watch them on youtube? I could find all of them appearantly. Besides, the original undubbed version is better than the english dub. :D

Aspie4u
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Oct 2009, 11:59 pm

You should watch Sailor moon live action. The Japanese girl playing Sailor Moon is real pretty. And fact all the girls playing on that show is pretty.

Mapler
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Oct 2009, 12:40 am

I still like the anime better, I dunno why, I guess its because of the transformations and attacks' animation.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 1:17 am

If you want to take a good laugh at the series you can also check out the abridged series that is also on youtube by Megami33. It is quite enjoyable.

cyberfox007
Toucan
Toucan

02 Oct 2009, 8:42 am

Sailor Moon...just name makes me remonstrant...

Yah i was a huge fan and i am still am! i only saw Sailor Moon and S but it was one of the fist anime's i have seen.

Also, gave me one of my first crushes for a fictional character. Sailor Mercury.

i still worship her...

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 2:38 pm

I LOVE Sailor Moon. My favorite is Sailor Jupiter followed by Sailor Pluto. And of course, I developed a crash on Tuxedo Mask.

Mapler
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Oct 2009, 7:31 pm

cyberfox007 wrote:

Yah i was a huge fan and i am still am! i only saw Sailor Moon and S but it was one of the fist anime's i have seen.

Also, gave me one of my first crushes for a fictional character. Sailor Mercury.

i still worship her...

Haha Mercury is awesome too because she's smart. ^^

I love Sailor Moon music too. My favorite theme is the Outer Senshis' theme.

AtomicKaiju
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2009, 1:00 am

I've heard recently (although not soon enough) that Funimation may redub the complete Sailor Moon series. They released a survey that asked viewers what animes they would like to see dubbed, and Sailor Moon was on it.

Here's a link to the site: http://blog.funimation.com/2009/05/we-need-your-input/

As you can see from the comments, a LOT of fans want it to be redubbed. I think that Funimation is the right company to do a redub of it, and if they ever do, I would definitely get the first season for nostalgia reasons.

kukuruza
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Oct 2009, 4:50 am

Fantastic cartoon film, looked all series... And now would not refuse...

Mapler
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Oct 2009, 8:39 pm

AtomicKaiju wrote:
I've heard recently (although not soon enough) that Funimation may redub the complete Sailor Moon series. They released a survey that asked viewers what animes they would like to see dubbed, and Sailor Moon was on it.

Here's a link to the site: http://blog.funimation.com/2009/05/we-need-your-input/

As you can see from the comments, a LOT of fans want it to be redubbed. I think that Funimation is the right company to do a redub of it, and if they ever do, I would definitely get the first season for nostalgia reasons.

Do you know if they're going to dub Sailor Stars?

AtomicKaiju
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 12:12 am

Mapler wrote:
Do you know if they're going to dub Sailor Stars?

They said the entire series, so I'd say yes. However, there's also the possibility that they won't redub it at all, but hopefully the voices of the countless anime fans will be heard. I don't just want it redubbed for myself, but for the entire anime fandom itself. It's what got most of us into anime (that and DBZ), and would make a lot of otaku very happy and nostalgic. So lets keep our fingers crossed, and hope for the best.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 2:02 am

cyberfox007 wrote:

i still worship her...

omg me too, its sort of how I found out I like girls more then boys

LostInBed
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 3:29 pm

AtomicKaiju wrote:

That's so awesomw.. but would it be the original versions of the dubs just with revampped/better(more accurately) translated (script) audio or will funimation be putting back in the more graphic elements in the redubs(ie. actually seeing all the dead scouts and actually translating wht luna really said to artemis on hte roof top about the MSC and the ultimate result if sailor monn/serenity did use it to vanquish beryl, or what really happened when tuxedo kamen threw the rose at SM in the final episode of the initial series)? Will funimation attempt to acquire rights to dub Sailor Stars?

Khandri
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Oct 2009, 3:32 pm

Like most people, I first got into Sailor Moon via the dub in the mid-90s (I was 15 when it first hit US shores, and being a huge fan of Power Rangers and similar shows, I ate it up immediately), but only within the past year or so have I really "rediscovered" it and watched through all of it in Japanese and fell in love with it all over again. I also came to a realisation when watching through all of it that it's elicited more emotions out of me than most any other anime I've seen over the years (and that's a lot of anime too), and there were a few episodes that hit me very hard (there's one in the early part of Stars that especially got to me).

It's hard for me to pick a particular favorite Senshi, simply because on some levels, I like and identify with them all, perhaps the Outer Senshi the most. I can't hate any of the characters either, even the ones few people seem to like (like Chibi-Usa). I also find it hard to pick a favorite season too, because they all have something good about them.

But this news that Funimation is interested in redubbing it? I thought that there were licensing issues on the Japanese side of things that wouldn't allow the show to be distributed here for a very long time, and that Stars would never see a US release because of the, er, nature of the Three Lights/Starlights. As it is, I don't know if I'd want to watch it dubbed now anyway (even if it was a new one). I've grown too fond of the original Japanese voices.