Page 2 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2009, 6:54 pm

I was labeled a pothead before I even started smoking.

Shady
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Dec 2009, 11:55 pm

I smoke a fat pound of grass and fall on my ass faster than a fat b***h who sat down too fast.

Whisper
Toucan
Toucan

17 Dec 2009, 3:20 am

I often got asked this in school, and people still comment on it occasionally.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 3:48 am

I have never been asked that question.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

17 Dec 2009, 5:32 am

Someone asked me in one of my threads if I am smoking and then he said he didn't mean I smoke pot.

Dodus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Dec 2009, 9:06 am

Interestingly enough I used to get asked that a lot when I didn't smoke at all, and when I started smoking no one asked me that anymore... go figure =P

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 5:24 pm

I used to get asked that question, all the time. I guess that I seem a little dreamy to some people.

riverspark
Toucan
Toucan

22 Dec 2009, 2:31 pm

When I was in my late teens and early 20s, people thought I was on drugs, especially something called "crystal." This was in the mid-'80s, and I have no idea if that is the same thing as today's crystal meth. I wouldn't even know what any of that stuff was if it was sitting right in front of me. Not then, and not now.

I don't need recreational drugs. I am always like this naturally.

BTW, before I got diagnosed with (or heard of) AS, I always used to wonder why it seemed like everyone else in the world acted like they had one, maybe two, beers in them, because I noticed so much stuff they didn't notice and because my sensory input felt so much more acute than theirs.

AspiRob
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Dec 2009, 4:36 pm

gest wrote:
For some reason I seem to come off as the typical stoner at parties. Maybe it's the slow speed that I sometimes speak at, maybe it's other things. I was wondering if other people with Aspergers had similar experiences of people asking them if they smoke weed just based on the way they act? It could just be me (I have always fit in rather well with stoners), but I find it very annoying when I get this question.

Nope - never once.

caissa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Dec 2009, 7:03 pm

Yes, I have been asked this, and no, I don't smoke pot...

Greshym_Shorkan
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jan 2010, 3:23 am

Mmmph wrote:
Oh, I get asked all the time since I'm really spacey in general. A customer even asked me if I did when I was standing next to my boss. God, that was awkward.

And you were so strung out you couldn't respond, which came across as scorn, hence making the customer feel embarrassed for being so bold. J/k!

Daniella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2010, 11:40 am

Yes, by Americans on the internet when I tell them I'm from the Netherlands, as they seem to be under the impression that everyone over here is a hippie, just one with clogs.

Kaysea
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2010, 7:19 pm

Yes. I experience this frequently. People are really taken aback when I tell them that I don't. Their reaction is even more commical when they try to buy weed from me or sell it to me. Of course, I am a complete space cadet and also look the part (<= see avatar)

digitalb0y
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jan 2010, 10:45 pm

Not anymore - although all the time back in highschool

lifegospel
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jan 2010, 1:37 am

ALL the time, Sometimes I get a nice variation of being asked if I'm gay, which most people assume because I'm into musical theater :roll:

I'm actually getting a bit fed up with it, and surprised myself a few days ago when a classmate asked me what the f**k was up with my spacing out and I almost dislocated his shoulder (Maybe Martial Arts weren't such a good thing?)

buglet55
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Oct 2012, 1:06 am

No one actually asks me, they just come to the decision that I do (but I do not). In two of the jobs I've had I got the nicknames of "420" and "my little stoner"

Like, what? No, I don't do drugs. Never have. Please don't label me as if I do.