Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

AngryJessman
Toucan
Toucan

09 Oct 2009, 10:09 pm

through primary school I had a bully say I was a stoner, arsemole!
in high school they prolly thought i was on anything and everything! ha ha

jamesp420
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Oct 2009, 10:40 pm

I don't get asked as much anymore, cuz the people who used to ask already know the answer. haha

http://www.facebook.com/jamesp420

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 10:44 pm

I'm no longer asked because I'm almost 28, "grown into my skin", and am completely focused on the tasks at hand.

I also moved two states over a couple years back, and I joke about my Autism with my co-workers a little bit.

NicksQuestions
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Oct 2009, 6:12 pm

I was asked if I did drugs a few times in junior and high school, although I've never ever smoked anything, drunk alcohol, or any type of drugs.

I think it's because I would stare into space. One time in high school someone even reported to the vice principal that they suspected I was on weed. So during one of my classes, the vice principal and the school police officer showed up to the classroom door and asked, "Is Nick here?" That was embarrassing. :oops:

Adjusted_Aspie_Vee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Oct 2009, 8:26 pm

LMAO @ qest! i know exactly how u feel. i have never been a weed smoker, but random people will always occasionally ask me questions as to why my speech is so "slow." one guy asked me did i smoke weed. i just kinda laughed at him because he was obviously a stoner and he seemed to be excited at the possibility that i might be one too.

but people have always asked me about my slow speech sometimes in a roundabout way (oh are u from the deep south, why you drawl your words like that) and sometimes not so roundabout way (haha you talk sooo slllooow!). this kind of stupidness used to bother me a lot more than it does now, but since becoming aware of traits of aspergers in myself, i'm starting to accept these quirks and realize that i don't need to change them to please people.

to me, neurotypical people are ridiculous in this way in the sense that, why do u need to concern yourself with the way i talk or the speed of my speech? what are they the speech-speed police??? LMAO @ the crazy neurotypicals.
:roll:

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 8:59 pm

Yeah I do, and my response is always the same, " Yeah, everyday, what of it?" It usually shuts them up...

CerebralDreamer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 9:34 pm

I got asked a few times in high school, but people tend to assume I'm gay before they assume I'm a druggie.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 9:50 pm

Never been asked that.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

matt
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 10:23 pm

I've been asked that question a few times before. I've never smoked weed, and since I don't have many conversations with people who don't already know me I haven't been asked in a long time.

But when I was a junior in high school I was in an English class with a lot of stoners. Many of these stoners had gone to the same elementary and middle schools that I had, and most had been in some of the same classes I'd been in, so they had a general idea of my behavior and didn't think that I used marijuana.

One day while I was in class, four of them offered to buy me as much weed as I wanted, because they said I seemed high when I wasn't and they wanted to see if I seemed normal when I was high.

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 10:59 pm

No, I never get asked that, except by people who already know that I sometimes smoke it, and even then not so much.

And the funny thing is, if anyone were to develop "stonedar" with regards to me, it would probably be by noticing how much more normal I am while high.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 11:44 pm

someone asked if i was on drugs one time. awkwardly it was one of parents of someone i carpooled with and when i asked "what?" he didn't respond. just awkward silence the whole ride home...never liked that carpool. one person was stinky and never really showered, the other one was a former friend/immature type, and a moused up tough guy. i pretty sure they didn't like mangos.

i'm suprised that no one has asked me that as i laugh at weird things and seem out of it most of the time.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2009, 11:51 pm

People used to think I did drugs (I don't, never did, and never will). Maybe they still do, who knows. I have a friend who kept wanting to get me drunk (I don't drink either) so that she could then get me high.

My last year of high school, I was like the only person at my lunch table who didn't smoke pot. I just don't see the point in doing drugs, and I don't trust anyone enough to do anything that would impair my judgement while in their presence. Well, I would trust my boyfriend enough, but he wouldn't want me to do something that stupid anyway.

When I was working at a store in the mall a couple years back, I remember some old woman making a comment about how I must be on drugs, just because I wouldn't give her a discount that I was instructed by the assistant manager to only give people if they asked about it before I completed the transaction (I wasn't allowed to go back and void it, and she waited until after I gave her the receipt to ask). Yes, doing my job means I must be on drugs. :roll:

AMD
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Oct 2009, 9:13 am

Nope, but once bf and I were walking down in Detroit looking for an ATM and some hobo asked us if we had any lol! Yeah, ummm...no! Never tried it, never will!

MrVulcan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2009, 5:31 pm

Yes, but only in high school. I'm not sure if anyone thinks that now, but they certainly don't ask.
One guy in school either tried to buy or sell LSD to me, I'm not sure which, all he said was "acid", but I just gave him a strange look and said, "uh... no."

sciencepanda
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Oct 2009, 5:35 pm

I tend to get mistaken for a drug dealer a lot. I think it's because I have a goatee...

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2009, 6:54 pm

I was labeled a pothead before I even started smoking.