Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

gamefreak
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 5:36 pm

pandabear wrote:
Actually, he deserves the Nobel Prize for having led the nation in its ugly struggle against the most pernicious threat to our country's well-being, and possibly the world's well-being: the Republican Party.

So true, however Obama is not no JFK or FDR. Generally he has still kept Bsuhes policies intact.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 5:58 pm

gamefreak wrote:

So true, however Obama is not no JFK or FDR. Generally he has still kept Bsuhes policies intact.

Lord Obama is all glitz and no substance.

ruveyn

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 6:02 pm

ruveyn wrote:
gamefreak wrote:

Lord Obama is all glitz and no substance.

ruveyn

As if there's been a president that's been of substance in the past 20 or so years.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 6:17 pm

I heard the committee was four women and one man; maybe they just thought he was 'hot'...;)

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 8:28 pm

Compared to many of our presidents since FDR and JFK, he certainly is a breath of fresh air. Even if he doesn't accomplish anything, at least he won't continue to lead us down the path of Republican doom and gloom.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 9:20 pm

skafather84 wrote:

As if there's been a president that's been of substance in the past 20 or so years.

How about the last 60 years? The last solid person I can recall is Harry S. Truman.

I take that back. Eisenhower was mostly solid. We lost our Big Chance when Goldwater was savaged by the Left Wing goons and liberals.

ruveyn

Last edited by ruveyn on 11 Oct 2009, 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2009, 12:43 am

pandabear wrote:
Compared to many of our presidents since FDR and JFK, he certainly is a breath of fresh air. Even if he doesn't accomplish anything, at least he won't continue to lead us down the path of Republican doom and gloom.

He's managed to rile up the conservative base without actually accomplishing any of the progressive goals his supporters gave him a mandate for. This heightens the chance that a whack-job right-winger will come to power in 2012 and take us back to the 1980s.