Childish hands & other hand trait issues

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2009, 11:21 pm

I've actually worked as a hand model for a jewelry company before. I have small hands (My ring finger is a size 4) with long slender fingers.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2009, 1:58 am

I have fairly large hands, with relatively fine fingers.

My reach from thumb to fifth finger is 22 cm (I can reach a ninth on a standard piano keyboard or about "A" to the apostrophe on a standard computer keyboard)

My hands are about 21 cm from wrist to tip of the middle finger (I am 183 cm tall), so about 11.5% of my height.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2009, 1:59 am

I can bend my fingers back about 45 degrees.

Also, one of my stims is twisting my wrists.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2009, 2:10 am

poopylungstuffing wrote:
One thing I have noticed is that compared to other adults, I have very childlike hands....My fingernails have always been sorta short and flimsy and underdeveloped...I am heavily prone to hangnails.....My hands are very coarse and square, and not very feminine...I also have the masculine digit ratio...Doing anything to the nails...like painting them..which I can't stand...is like putting lipstick on a pig...
My mom said that when I was born, my hands and feet seemed underdeveloped...I was born almost a month early...so maybe that has something to do with it...
I was a toe-walker, and my feet are pretty small...if they weren't so wide, I'd comfortably wear a size 5....

My very ASish friend..on the other hand...Has very sinewy exquisitely developed hands....long fingers...big knuckles...um...and he has gender-issues...and a pronounced female digit ratio..

Wondering about other people's hands...

Correction:I was born a month LATE...not early..Don't know what I was thinking....born almost a month late, but underweight, and my mom said that when I was born, my hands and feet seemed underdeveloped....

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2009, 2:37 am

My hands are short and stubby, and have lots of little scars all over them :roll:. They're also very strong (only part of me that is :lol: ). My fingers are in "female" digit ratio, and I have gender issues.

The year is still young.

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2009, 3:22 am

This evening I was talking to someone about the correct way to punch someone, and they said my hands look so delicate I would probably break them if I ever attempted :lol:

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2009, 3:25 am

The most noticeable thing about my hands is my stubby toe-ish thumbs.